• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republican Senate nominee Herschel Walker promises lawsuit over report he paid for abortion

Nothing racist about it. Herschel Walker is a dumb, ex-football player from Georgia. The second part of the statement is fact. His mental acuity is on public display. Would you like to argue that he isn't dumb?

Walker's mental acuity has nothing to do with his race. You might have a case that I demeaned football players, but I certainly made zero inferences about his race, you did. My comments were agnostic about his race, which is what we strive for in a post-racial world, where I live anyway. OTH, why are you so obsessed with it. You clearly do not understand what racism is, so I can explain it to you. May I point out that in the very same post I lauded Ralph Warnock as one of the most qualified people running for Senate this year. He is a man of considerable accomplishment and intelligence.

I think you need to look in the mirror on this subject as you go on and on about something that was never said nor implied. Yes, Walker is black, but he just happens to be particularly unintelligent by human standards. All races have more than their share of stupid or ill-informed people. More power to them, except political power. We have enough stupid people in government, we need no more. Walker is dumber / less informed than most. His lack of intelligence should disqualify him for the job.

That said, my primary point is that Walker is a great illustration of what the RINO party (real Republicans have left) has become: It is a party of fool's and idiots that have no policy nor any values other than the pursuit of power at cost. They tout family values and tell us they abhor abortion, yet a Herschel Walker comes along and they look the other way. Pathetic example of leadership, don't you think?

As to your Clinton whataboutism, as most whataboutisms, its a fail. But, let me turn that around. Remember Republicans at the time were telling us character matters. With Herschel Walker, you are telling us that character is irrelevant. Which is it?

Walker's nomination is a cynical joke on the voters. if he's elected, its a cynical joke on America.

Of course. It's how they structure their campaigns.

How much money is spent on sullying the opponent vs. policy, accomplishments, and professional record?

LOL! The left are liars, frauds, and charlatains. Snake-oil salesmen in slimy carnival shows.
Every accusation is a confession. You support Trump good grief.

Walker's nomination is a cynical joke on the voters. if he's elected, its a cynical joke on America.
Really And Diane Feinstein is a national treasure? I'll take Walker any day.

Really And Diane Feinstein is a national treasure? I'll take Walker any day.

Since you think he's as bad off as Feinstein, even though she is not a congenital liar, why take either one?

Since you think he's as bad off as Feinstein, even though she is not a congenital liar, why take either one?
Win and keep power at all costs is the partisan's playbook, especially when the propaganda ministers portray the other side as such an existentialist threat that any fault, hypocrisy, or crime in a candidate can be excused if it means your side wins.

They are all congenital liars. Her dementia, though is far beyond that even of the demented simp in the White House. Again, I'll take Walker over the walking dead any day. And I would certainly take him over the congenital liar Warnock with his abysmal voting record.

Win and keep power at all costs is the partisan's playbook, especially when the propaganda ministers portray the other side as such an existentialist threat that any fault, hypocrisy, or crime in a candidate can be excused if it means your side wins.

A cynical joke.

They are all congenital liars. Her dementia, though is far beyond that even of the demented simp in the White House. Again, I'll take Walker over the walking dead any day,

Doesn't answer the question you are responding to.

It is revealing, though, that you consider him in Feinstein's realm, and are okay with it.

Doesn't answer the question you are responding to.

It is revealing, though, that you consider him in Feinstein's realm, and are okay with it.
Yup. A US Senator.

^^ This is how the left operate. Here's how it goes:

1) Manufacture a smear
2) Claim the smeared person is lying
3) Hold up manufactured victim as a martyr
4) When lawsuits are threatened to clear smear, manufacture an imaginary scenario whereby the smeared victim is still guilty of the smear.
5) Perpetuate the debunked smear as truth from that moment onward.

Here are some oldie but goodies from that playbook:

"Vast right-wing conspiracy" to sully Bill Clinton
Trump is Russia asset/ Steele Dossier has been coorberrated
Matt Gaetz accusations
Kids in cages
“peaceful protesters were tear-gassed across from the White House.”
Neo-Nazis “Fine People on both sides”
President Trump called the pandemic a hoax.
“Social Security beneficiaries count on the post office to get their checks.”
Cuomo saves New York from COVID! - while Trump "murdered Americans"
Comey, Clapper, and Brennan are honest Americans just telling the truth

I'm sure there are hundreds more.
WOW!

You just laid out the Trump "NEVER LOSE" Manifesto.

Ah............hate to break it to you, but the case looks ****ing ironclad, waterproof, and undeniable. ...

"The Daily Beast spoke to the former girlfriend, who asked that her name not be used out of concerns for her privacy. The news outlet reviewed a receipt showing her $575 payment for the procedure, along with a get-well card from Walker and her bank deposit records showing the image of a $700 personal check from Walker dated five days after the abortion receipt."

Are al Republican candidates stupid AND ignorant? He signed a check!

but he's a Republican so everything he says and does is OK by you! Republicans would elect a thief to keep Democrats out....

...wait, they did that already once, maybe more.

Every election the left come up with some bogus scandalous accusations against the candidate, then it all goes away after the election.

Same is now true for political appointees. Notice that the "victims" all slink away after the election, appointment, candidacy is over.

This is how the left operate.
Examples of this?

I'm disappointed in your racist disparaging of a Senate Candidate.

I'm further disappointed in your attempt to manufacture imaginary accusations.

But I also acknowledge that it's how the left operates during an election. #sad
Where did he mention race? Seems like that defense is made up by you...

Herschel Walker raises the stakes:

The Daily Beast's reply:

Very interesting response by Walker. Bad press is common right before an election, but suing isn't. This could blow up in either Walker's or TDB's face depending on whether the story is accurate.
And here's a shock...he hasn't sued anyone.

LOL From the guy that voted to put the demented simp in the White House.

While I doubt that Biden suffers from dementia, and has shown himself to be very competent, his opponent is a very sick man and exhibits his sickness almost everyday. And you support him.

The party of Walker and Trump. Good Lord. how far the GOP has fallen.

Walker is barely intelligible. He shouldn't be a US Senator because he is woefully unqualified to serve the role, regardless of how awful he may be as a person.

The fact that people seem to care more about this kind of stuff is a little depressing.

While I doubt that Biden suffers from dementia, his opponent is a very sick man and exhibits his sickness almost everyday. And you support him.

The party of Walker and Trump. Good Lord. how far the GOP has fallen.
Backatcha. You guys had the sense to reject the moron Biden time and time again.. But when his dementia was crystal clear, that's when you said "He's our guy"

You don't know if it is made up. That's just a reflexive coping mechanism, because Walker is a republican.
It's an allegation, and the Daily Beast hasn't presented proof. The accuser is anonymous. The alleged proof is that the woman went for an abortion on September 12, 2009 (one she wanted - she thought it was not the right time to have a baby, the article says so) - she paid $575, and then there is a card sent 5 days later on the 17th that says "get well soon." But, an abortion isn't being sick - and as we know from abortion discussions here, the vast majority of abortions are very early, and early in-clinic abortions are quick and easy - people are fine within a day. There isn't a need to "recover." And, the check this woman says she received from Walker was for $700 even. No explanation for it, other than she says she factored in some travel and other expenses and ball parked how much it would cost.

Could it be true, sure. Could it be not true, sure. There is quite a political motive at the time for this information to come out now, though. He denies it. I wonder if he'll deny he even signed the alleged get well card. That would be a good start. If I were investigating this, I'd have a handwriting analysis done, and also I would want Walker to go on record to say whether he signed that card or not, and if so, what was his understanding of why she needed to recover at the time?

I don't think she should be making these allegations anonymously.

That said, if it's true, he has some 'splainin' to do.

It IS made up! It's a smear campaign, because democrats can't run on any other platform, like accomplishments.
This should be interesting. Your proof it didn't happen. There is actual evidence that it did...an invoice from the clinic, a check from herschel for the ballpark figure the woman quoted him along with a get well soon card from herschel. Your turn, what evidence do you have it didn't.

Oh yeah, there is also the circumstantial evidence the herschel has 3 children outside of marriage with three different women.

Now it's your turn.

It's an allegation, and the Daily Beast hasn't presented proof. The accuser is anonymous. The alleged proof is that the woman went for an abortion on September 12, 2009 (one she wanted - she thought it was not the right time to have a baby, the article says so) - she paid $575, and then there is a card sent 5 days later on the 17th that says "get well soon." But, an abortion isn't being sick - and as we know from abortion discussions here, the vast majority of abortions are very early, and early in-clinic abortions are quick and easy - people are fine within a day. There isn't a need to "recover." And, the check this woman says she received from Walker was for $700 even. No explanation for it, other than she says she factored in some travel and other expenses and ball parked how much it would cost.

Could it be true, sure. Could it be not true, sure. There is quite a political motive at the time for this information to come out now, though. He denies it. I wonder if he'll deny he even signed the alleged get well card. That would be a good start. If I were investigating this, I'd have a handwriting analysis done, and also I would want Walker to go on record to say whether he signed that card or not, and if so, what was his understanding of why she needed to recover at the time?

I don't think she should be making these allegations anonymously.

That said, if it's true, he has some 'splainin' to do.

Frankly, I find the allegation about the least worst thing about Walker. He did a decent thing - paid for a woman's abortion and sent her a card. All very decent of him. Except the GOP has a real hard on over abortion.

What really stands out is his son's condemnation of him.

Backatcha. You guys had the sense to reject the moron Biden time and time again.. But when his dementia was crystal clear, that's when you said "He's our guy"

How does it feel knowing that a fellow you think has dementia got an infrastructure bill passed in a year when your stable genius couldn't do it in four?

How does it feel knowing your man is pathologically incapable of accepting losing an election?

Frankly, I find the allegation about the least worst thing about Walker. He did a decent thing - paid for a woman's abortion and sent her a card. All very decent of him. Except the GOP has a real hard on over abortion.

What really stands out is his son's condemnation of him.
Sorry, I can't square his lies with his push to deny women choice. He's running on a personal lie, a lie he didn't have to push forward except he wanted djt's endorsement. I imagine djt endorsed him when he found out that herschel was just like him, a player that impregnated several women.

Fellow adulterer/wife abandoner Newt Gingrich got on FOX to defend abuser/abortion funder Walker, calling him "the most important Senate candidate in the country" because of his "deep committment to Christ."

As Newt's favorite buddy Hannity likes to say, "unbelievable."

Back
Top Bottom