• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Religion and clothing

How about wearing crosses

Crosses are not clothing for me.
Oder do you walk around with the Union Jack as your clothing?
Or some Scandivavian flag?

Oder do you walk around with the Union Jack as your clothing?
Or some Scandivavian flag?
We get you hate Muslims, but Scandinavian countries too?

Conclusion: @Rumpel thinks if a religious symbol makes you warm, like fabric, it is immoral to wear it. It it doesn't, like jewellery, it is moral to wear it. So long as it doesn't give him any hints about the wearer being a Muslim.

Should we assume, @Rumpel, that you think being a Muslim is immoral? Let's stop beating around the bush, shall we?

@ Valery

You are completely beside the point.
Over and out.

The fact, that there are different religions, has led to wars and personal misery in history.
That's a somewhat over-simplistic assessment of world history. Very little conflict or misery is caused by a singular thing, nor is peace or happiness for that matter. I don't see religion as being uniquely a cause of either.

So it is not a good thing, if clothing announces:
"I am a Christian, a Jew, a Moslem, etc etc
Why only clothing? Wouldn't you object to anything that identifies the religion of an individual, organisation, building etc?

And if it is the existence of different religions that you say causes problems, just trying to hide them doesn't sound like a solution and could even cause more problems. If you object to religious groups in society, wouldn't you object more to secret religious groups?

Funny: Are you really in favour of Burka and Nikab - or Burqa and Niqab?
Even the liberals are defending Burqa and Niqab now?
I'm for whoever wants to do it to do so. It should be their choice, even if due to faith or honoring of their beliefs.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Religion and Clothing are separate things!
And never the twain shall meet!

I have a wardrobe full of atheist clothing.

Religion and Clothing are separate things!
And never the twain shall meet!
No. Abrahamic religions, among others, have laws on how one should dress.

It is the atheists who can dress and undress without shame.

Funny: Are you really in favour of Burka and Nikab - or Burqa and Niqab?
Even the liberals are defending Burqa and Niqab now?
If they wanna wear them, what business is it of yours? How does it affect your life in any way?

What difference does that make? You're either displaying your religion or you're not.

No. Abrahamic religions, among others, have laws on how one should dress.

It is the atheists who can dress and undress without shame.
You can not be serious!

I have a wardrobe full of atheist clothing.

And how does a-theist clothing look like?
Better than b-theist or c-theist clothing, I presume? :)

The only direction Christian men and women alike are given is to be modest in dress...it's not the outward appearance that is important, but what's on the inside that matters...

"Likewise, the women should adorn themselves in appropriate dress, with modesty and soundness of mind, not with styles of hair braiding and gold or pearls or very expensive clothing, but in the way that is proper for women professing devotion to God, namely, through good works." 1 Timothy 2:9,10

"Do not let your adornment be external—the braiding of hair and the wearing of gold ornaments+ or fine clothing but let it be the secret person of the heart in the incorruptible adornment of the quiet and mild spirit, which is of great value in the eyes of God." 1 Peter 3:3,4

And how does a-theist clothing look like?
Better than b-theist or c-theist clothing, I presume? :)

That reminds me of the two Spanish firefighters, Hose A and Hose B.

Why would anyone be ashamed of dressing and undressing? That is a crazy notion.

Why would anyone be ashamed of dressing and undressing? That is a crazy notion.
It's not the dressing and undressing in itself — it is how the dressing and undressing is done.

I am surprised how the behaviour of religious fanatics is defended here in this thread.
Strange.

sounds like something a Christian would say. They always say ignorant s**t
The fact, that there are different religions, has led to wars and personal misery in history.
So it is not a good thing, if clothing announces:
"I am a Christian, a Jew, a Moslem, etc etc

I do not tell anybody what he should wear or not wear.
I have just stated a fact.

Again:
I am surprised how the behaviour of religious fanatics is defended here in this thread.
Strange.

Back
Top Bottom