• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Religion and clothing

It's not the dressing and undressing in itself — it is how the dressing and undressing is done.
I put my clothes on and when I undress I take them off. What do you do, open the curtains and put a show on for your neighbours?

Again:
I am surprised how the behaviour of religious fanatics is defended here in this thread.
Strange.
Stranger still is how bigoted the OP sounds...no surprise there...

I put my clothes on and when I undress I take them off. What do you do, open the curtains and put a show on for your neighbours?

Well, stubborn religious fanatics would do all sorts of weird things - if somebody told them that some God ordered it! :giggle:

I was thinking of getting this getup from Amazon just to see what it's like to have people be nice to me.

31604nYB1PL._AC_SR320,400_.jpg

I think one should not flaunt one's religion.

I think one should not flaunt one's religion.

It all depends on what you mean by 'flaunt'. Wearing a head piece is very common as a religious requirement in many religions.

It all depends on what you mean by 'flaunt'. Wearing a head piece is very common as a religious requirement in many religions.

With "flaunt" I mean flaunt!

No!
It is NOT a requirement!

According to who? According to many, it is. It's not your business to tell other religions what their religious requirements are.

It's not your business to tell other religions what their religious requirements are.

It is ANYBODY's business.

Just as human rights are anybody's business.

Good night! :)

No!
It is NOT a requirement!
It's a requirement in Islam and Judaism and in Christianity to some extent, at least. How self-centered of you to think it matters what you think of it.

The only direction Christian men and women alike are given is to be modest in dress...it's not the outward appearance that is important, but what's on the inside that matters...

"Likewise, the women should adorn themselves in appropriate dress, with modesty and soundness of mind, not with styles of hair braiding and gold or pearls or very expensive clothing, but in the way that is proper for women professing devotion to God, namely, through good works." 1 Timothy 2:9,10

"Do not let your adornment be external—the braiding of hair and the wearing of gold ornaments+ or fine clothing but let it be the secret person of the heart in the incorruptible adornment of the quiet and mild spirit, which is of great value in the eyes of God." 1 Peter 3:3,4

You forgot one:

"Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head. But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is the same as having her head shaved." 1 Corinthians 11:4-5

Back
Top Bottom