• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

RECORD breaking GDP growth in Q3 - 33%

Why shouldn't Trump be blamed? He gaslights us telling us that Covid is a thing of the past; he mocks people who wear masks -- the responsible thing; he flies around the country folding unmasked superspreader rallies, in which 14 days later there is a spike in infections in those areas; he has told us that herd immunity is the answer -- a "solution" that would result in millions of deaths. So, yeah. We hold Trump responsible -- because he is culpable.

Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 5.41.30 PM.png

Seems like Conservative missed this tweet.
:)

Trying to have less voting? If you are passionate enough about a candidate or issue you will find a way to vote. Are you so lazy that you have to have someone submit a ballot to you for you to mail in? Democracy is tough, you have to have passion to keep it and you don't showing an entitlement mentality instead

I cannot believe you are trying to convince people he is preventing voting. what is it about liberalism that creates people like you? Can you show me a passionate rally for Biden/Harris?

Trying to have firearms? If you are passionate enough about firearms you will find a way to get a background check and register the firearm. Are you so lazy that you have to have someone do the background check and register it?

Since Trump continues to downplay the virus and now says it is over, yes, he is part of the problem. The people who follow his rhetoric contribute to the surge in cases and the continued economic malaise. We'll see how Q4 if it is impacted by this latest surge.

There's nothing "liberal" about what I've pointed out, nor is it a "lack of reality"; that's simply an absurd deflection. The "doom and gloom" is that we have ~1k people dying from a preventable disease; is this something to celebrate for you? Your absurd notions of "doing what your supposed to do" despite a pied piper leading his followers to do precisely the opposite speaks to your lack of grip with reality. None of what I have said is "personal destruction" either.

As for Biden/Harris rallies, the only thing I'll say is that it's great to see them not treating their followers like cannon fodder for their personal aggrandizement. I see no benefit to having large crowds if what that means is inviting more people getting infected with a contagious disease. That this has to be explained demonstrates the level of idiocy we're seeing.

Yes what is great to see for you is rhetoric that ignores results. I voted for Trump last Tuesday based not on rhetoric but rather results. I don't blame Trump for what people did or didn't do for personal responsibility issues, nothing is ever going to change your mind. People getting infected with an infectious disease by being sent back to their nursing homes with the infections? Nothing ever changes the mind of a radical, suggest you stop buying rhetoric and focus on results including your own area results and responsibilities. You show me where Trump is responsible for the virus spreading and how downplaying the virus was a major issue in your own personal responsibility issues?

View attachment 67302323

Seems like Conservative missed this tweet.
:)

Yes but as I told you I don't pay much attention to rhetoric just results, what happens is indeed the responsibility of the leader as long as that leader has the authority to handle that responsibility. You cannot delegate the responsibility of your governor on the 10th Amendment. You cannot seem to grasp that reality

Yes what is great to see for you is rhetoric that ignores results. I voted for Trump last Tuesday based not on rhetoric but rather results. I don't blame Trump for what people did or didn't do for personal responsibility issues, nothing is ever going to change your mind. People getting infected with an infectious disease by being sent back to their nursing homes with the infections? Nothing ever changes the mind of a radical, suggest you stop buying rhetoric and focus on results including your own area results and responsibilities. You show me where Trump is responsible for the virus spreading and how downplaying the virus was a major issue in your own personal responsibility issues?

You are entitled to your opinion, but the results of his inept leadership are pretty clear. That you don't blame a president who withheld critical information on this disease's potential impact, then downplayed it for self serving reasons is within your right, but many do not share this view. You keep shifting this back to people because you cannot defend Trump's irresponsibility. It's pretty comical to see someone who supposedly values "results" tap dance around a key factor in our current results as they relate to the pandemic and the economy.

tenor.gif

You are entitled to your opinion, but the results of his inept leadership are pretty clear. That you don't blame a president who withheld critical information on this disease's potential impact, then downplayed it for self serving reasons is within your right, but many do not share this view. You keep shifting this back to people because you cannot defend Trump's irresponsibility. It's pretty comical to see someone who supposedly values "results" tap dance around a key factor in our current results as they relate to the pandemic and the economy.

tenor.gif

that is apparently because you don't understand leadership and the true role of the President, suggest you read the 10th Amendment before blaming him for your state performance. It is so sad that hatred and ignorance drives the liberal rhetoric so much that you would put an incompetent and radical in national office

Yes but as I told you I don't pay much attention to rhetoric just results, what happens is indeed the responsibility of the leader as long as that leader has the authority to handle that responsibility. You cannot delegate the responsibility of your governor on the 10th Amendment. You cannot seem to grasp that reality

No, you don't pay attention to results either; you ignore the obvious ones and avoid the others. You do this often, and it's often selective. Economy? Only focus on the pre pandemic results. Of course, everyone knows the standard is to judge based on the performance throughout a president's tenure. Pandemic? Only focus on people's responsibility and ignore the leader's rhetoric driving his followers' behavior. That's shambolic by any measure.

Trying to have firearms? If you are passionate enough about firearms you will find a way to get a background check and register the firearm. Are you so lazy that you have to have someone do the background check and register it?

that is your response to mine?? Here we have a supposed native Texan who hasn't a clue about the role of the Federal Gov't and how Biden/Harris will destroy the Texas economy and the freedoms we have here.

No, you don't pay attention to results either; you ignore the obvious ones and avoid the others. You do this often, and it's often selective. Economy? Only focus on the pre pandemic results. Of course, everyone knows the standard is to judge based on the performance throughout a president's tenure. Pandemic? Only focus on people's responsibility and ignore the leader's rhetoric driving his followers' behavior. That's shambolic by any measure.

that's because the economy and foreign policy are the only true real responsibilities of the federal gov't, social responsibilities rest with the state and local governments. Don't they teach civics in NJ?

that is your response to mine?? Here we have a supposed native Texan who hasn't a clue about the role of the Federal Gov't and how Biden/Harris will destroy the Texas economy and the freedoms we have here.

What's wrong? Too lazy to get a background check?

that is apparently because you don't understand leadership and the true role of the President, suggest you read the 10th Amendment before blaming him for your state performance.

I understand it just fine, and history has given us plenty of examples of how leaders can unite nations when under a common threat. This leader has done the exact opposite. The 10th amendment does not prevent the president from being an advocate of prevention measures through his personal comments; much in the way he's spent his time using his comments for the opposite effect.

It is so sad that hatred and ignorance drives the liberal rhetoric so much that you would put an incompetent and radical in national office

That's precisely what I'm doing by not voting for the incumbent.

that's because the economy and foreign policy are the only true real responsibilities of the federal gov't, social responsibilities rest with the state and local governments. Don't they teach civics in NJ?

This deflection is old.

I give Trump blame for his rhetoric but certainly not the results generated by dumbasses who refuse to accept personal responsibility.

The American populous was not given a chance at the beginning to accept personal responsibility, they were lied to on purpose to keep the stock market up as long as possible.

What blame should I give Trump, for the 900 billion dollars per year Pre pandemic GDP growth? The 6.6 Million NEW taxpayers created in 3 years? The historic and record low African American unemployment? The improvement in NATO? The destruction of ISIS? Bringing NK to the table?

How about you give him blame for GDP growth no better than Obama's...
1604183355081.png

Black unemployment rate had been going down for 6 years prior to his first day in office, all he did was not **** it up till this year...

1604183432671.png

I don't guess in your world he gets any of the blame for the more than 7 trillion dollars added to the debt since he took office.

I understand it just fine, and history has given us plenty of examples of how leaders can unite nations when under a common threat. This leader has done the exact opposite. The 10th amendment does not prevent the president from being an advocate of prevention measures through his personal comments; much in the way he's spent his time using his comments for the opposite effect.

That's precisely what I'm doing by not voting for the incumbent.

sorry but voting for the incumbent is the only opportunity to continue the economic growth and activity we have now. You still don't understand leadership at all nor the role of the President, rhetoric isn't leadership, action is and he didn't have the authority you want to believe. Look, too late to change my mind and probably yours. You get what you deserve if Biden wins

This deflection is old.
Not deflection at all, reality, read the Preamble to the Constitution and then you want me to post the 10th Amendment?

Read the interpretation, show me where the President has that authority?

The 10th Amendment, which gives states all powers not specifically given to the federal government, allows them the authority to take public health emergency actions, such as setting quarantines and business restrictions.

sorry but voting for the incumbent is the only opportunity to continue the economic growth and activity we have now. You still don't understand leadership at all nor the role of the President, rhetoric isn't leadership, action is and he didn't have the authority you want to believe. Look, too late to change my mind and probably yours. You get what you deserve if Biden wins
Not according to Moody's, who said that growth under a Biden plan would be better than under Trump's.

Not deflection at all, reality, read the Preamble to the Constitution and then you want me to post the 10th Amendment?

Read the interpretation, show me where the President has that authority?

The 10th Amendment, which gives states all powers not specifically given to the federal government, allows them the authority to take public health emergency actions, such as setting quarantines and business restrictions.
So, the fact that we have a department called the Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) is just there for kicks, not to address actual emergencies, like Covid-19?

We all know that if President Hillary Clinton had a wild pandemic that killed over 220,000 Americans in 7 months, you'd blame her to high heaven.

The American populous was not given a chance at the beginning to accept personal responsibility, they were lied to on purpose to keep the stock market up as long as possible.

How about you give him blame for GDP growth no better than Obama's...
View attachment 67302326

Black unemployment rate had been going down for 6 years prior to his first day in office, all he did was not **** it up till this year...

View attachment 67302327

I don't guess in your world he gets any of the blame for the more than 7 trillion dollars added to the debt since he took office.
Already gave you the official numbers, you are stuck on percentages means nothing except showing ones own ignorance of data. Stop buying the liberal rhetoric and think for a change

Why is it you look at the U-3 and not the U-6 on unemployment? Why is it you ignore the difference between 500 billion dollars per year GDP growth and 900 billion dollars per year growth? Do you even know the difference between the U-3 and U-6?

Trying to have less voting? If you are passionate enough about a candidate or issue you will find a way to vote. Are you so lazy that you have to have someone submit a ballot to you for you to mail in? Democracy is tough, you have to have passion to keep it and you don't showing an entitlement mentality instead

I cannot believe you are trying to convince people he is preventing voting. what is it about liberalism that creates people like you? Can you show me a passionate rally for Biden/Harris?
It's called being safe and watching it on TV. I've looked at your other posts fighting with other people. Bottom line is, you are a Trumpturd MAGArat brainwashed idiot.

It's called being safe and watching it on TV. I've looked at your other posts fighting with other people. Bottom line is, you are a Trumpturd MAGArat brainwashed idiot.
People then are unlike you and prefer working and taking care of their families. Yes, I am brainwashed by official data, unlike you

Already gave you the official numbers, you are stuck on percentages means nothing except showing ones own ignorance of data. Stop buying the liberal rhetoric and think for a change

Why is it you look at the U-3 and not the U-6 on unemployment? Why is it you ignore the difference between 500 billion dollars per year GDP growth and 900 billion dollars per year growth? Do you even know the difference between the U-3 and U-6?
You seem to like choosing when to use percentage and absolute. Here unemployment is still at 2nd highest in 20 years. Should we use absolute numbers here? Why does Trump brag about percentage bounce now? Is there a decoder to tell when we should use which method?

unem.jpg

Already gave you the official numbers, you are stuck on percentages means nothing except showing ones own ignorance of data.

Actually percentages are all that matter. You cannot compare straight dollar amounts as that fails to take into account inflation. Once again, you prove you know nothing about math or stats.

Why is it you look at the U-3 and not the U-6 on unemployment?

Feel free to give me the U6 unemployment numbers for blacks. The same trend will be happening.

You seem to like choosing when to use percentage and absolute. Here unemployment is still at 2nd highest in 20 years. Should we use absolute numbers here? Why does Trump brag about percentage bounce now? Is there a decoder to tell when we should use which method?

View attachment 67302333
And what exactly did you expect with an economic shutdown? How do people benefit from economic policies without working?

Actually percentages are all that matter. You cannot compare straight dollar amounts as that fails to take into account inflation. Once again, you prove you know nothing about math or stats.

Feel free to give me the U6 unemployment numbers for blacks. The same trend will be happening.

Would be happy to however doesn't seem to matter to you as bls.gov is a foreign site for you as the context is there. Do you know what a part time for economic reason employee is? Get back to me with that answer and then explain to us how 5.7 Million of them under Obama January 2017 vs 4.3 million February 2020 is a success?

Back
Top Bottom