• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Real Men

Does being a Real Man require more than a penis?

• Either having a penis or behaving like a stereotypical man can qualify you as a man

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I don't know if you've been listening to many Republicans lately, but they never really grew up.
Growing up is inevitable.
Republicans...so, boys I guess.
then why mentioned men if you wanted to talk about boys?

I don't think I really need a scientific study to prove that's far more standard than anecdotal.
the standard is men went to attract women so they have to be What women want.
I mean, that's literally a stereotypical joke about a wife wanting her husband to go to the ballet with her and him not wanting to.
I've been to the ballet and approx 50% of the audience are men.
There are commercials with jokes about men finding a way to watch the football game while attending their daughter's dance recital. What women are these men trying to impress with this type of behavior?
I don't trust fiction to be a correct assessment on reality.

You're talking about men in relationships not men seeking relationships. So probably nobody.
This one. At least if you ask the typical Republican.
I've gone to that sort of thing with Republican voting men. Maybe you're stereotype is off.
I mean, a few. Not sure what that has to do with anything. I'm 40, and so are all my golf buddies. All Liberals.
so some of your golf buddies are gay but we're trying to impress girls when they were youth? I'm 40 too I did it in my youth trying to stay in the closet. Times have changed.

Again, I doubt I need a scientific study to prove how little wives generally care about their husband's golf scores.
That's not an anecdote, that's par for the course(pun intended).
Golf isn't a sport it's a stroll in the park with sticks. Nobody cares about that.
Look buddy, I don't mean to be a dick, but have you considered the possibility that you're being Gay means you have abso****inglutely no clue how a hetero man actually thinks?
What makes you think you're that complicated?
I'm sorry, but nothing you're saying here jives with reality at all.
Look buddy I don't mean to be a dick but have you considered the possibility that you being straight means you have no clue how to think outside of the paradigm of a straight man? I've tried to be straight a good 20 years of my life I know the time and effort men put into finding women. I have the unique perspective of having to evaluate the cost vs reward benefit.
Guys are far more in love with cars than women are. Don't get me wrong, women want a man who can afford a decent car, but when I've bought cars in the past that I'm proud of it's generally more about making other guys I know jealous than it is about purely picking up women.
The desires men have in cars are different. For instance. I want a motorcycle I've test driven a few of them and my partner was really rather excited about it. He was eager to jump on it and ride with me he wants a M license.

I have male friends married to women and it's out of the question. They are stuck driving dreadful little Subarus they can't stand
You can cry anecdotal all you want, but I'm the straight guy, not you. That's not an insult, simply that I'm more likely to understand how typical men think than you are.
I'm not sure about that. I love men in a way you can't. I've dated them I've bonded with them. There isn't a huge divide between gay men and straight men. We're all men.

It may make you feel better to think there is a vast chasm, but it's a hair's breath of difference.

You ever noticed how toxic men like to refer to "Real Manhood?"
"Real men do this..." "Reall men do that..." "A Real man would never do x."

Real men drive trucks, real men like guns, and real men watch sports, not opera or ballet.
Real men listen to rock and roll or outlaw country they don't listen to this ***** emo bullshit.
Real men don't bake cookies or cakes, they hunt for their food. Real men grill meat, and potatoes. Everything else is just ***** rabbit food.
Real men work with their hands, and do men's chores, they save the kitchen work for women.
Real men don't let their wives dress them, and they don't wear pink, yadda yadda yadda...

Isn't it amazing how the very people who attack Transgender rights are also the very people who insist being a Man is about more than simply having a penis?
These very people have been rejecting the idea that simply having a penis is what makes you a man for centuries, and yet now that some people are taking them seriously they're freaking out about it.

Now all of a sudden some effeminate men are saying, "you know what? You're right. I'm not a real man because I don't like any of those things. I'd like to have my dick surgically removed and just embrace womanhood full steam ahead."
And all of a sudden those same toxic right-wing men are losing their ****ing minds about it.

Meanwhile, you got women out there who really do like Trucks and sports and guns and meat, but when they want to join the brotherhood they're being rejected. Suddenly now, having a penis is the only thing that matters to them.

Wow....just wow...

Wow....just wow...
I've been told so many times for so many reasons that I'm not a real man, the most absurd reason was that I don't like tequila.

It always seems to be people that really don't like a behavior I do or that define their manliness by a behavior they engage in.

I've been told so many times for so many reasons that I'm not a real man, the most absurd reason was that I don't like tequila.

It always seems to be people that really don't like a behavior I do or that define their manliness by a behavior they engage in.

Youre all right in my book, Im not crazy about tequila either. Id like to get into the kitchen and do some things Ive seen on TV but my wife says theres only room for one ass in that kitchen and that ass is hers. (Oh my Lord did you hear what that Priest's wife said???)

Youre all right in my book, Im not crazy about tequila either. Id like to get into the kitchen and do some things Ive seen on TV but my wife says theres only room for one ass in that kitchen and that ass is hers. (Oh my Lord did you hear what that Priest's wife said???)
Lol thank you.

I'm the cook in my home I think that was what sealed the deal. When I met my partner the poor thing was living on instant soup and hot pockets.

I may have to step down though this summer he didn't teach summer school and took cooking classes.

6 foot tall, a chest that is bigger than their waist

I didn't realize we're were talking about schoolyard things. In which case nobody there is a man they are boys.

So what are we talking about? Men or boys?

anecdotes don't matter.

on what planet is Opera and ballet not manly?
And I'm sure all of these boys (not men) we're interested in girls. How many gay men did you know that played those kind of sports?

anecdotes still don't matter.

No generally it's my desire to live in a clean house that motivates me to clean it it's not women's work because it's work bachelors do. It doesn't take much to impress a man. Just the Right touch at the right time bam. I don't have to drive a nice car I don't have to own fancy furniture or fancy dishes or decorative nonsense. I've seen the houses of my friends in straight relationships. They always have to have a new cars. Both of my car and my partner's car is 10 years old because I can fix them and I do. I'd consider that quite manly in fact some single female friends ask me why aren't straight guys more like me. I typically tell them there are straight guys like me. They're typically already happily married. But you have to give up some things. Things that don't really matter.

"Women's work?"
Fixing a car is "quite manly?"

What about cooking? Is cooking manly or "women's work". I ask because married or single I do the cooking. Does that make me gay? If so, what's wrong with that?

You know we're in the 21st century now right? Gays can be doctors, Trans people can hold public office and its perfectly fine to be straight Where I come from gender is irrelevant.

Finally, there seems to be a lot of hyper dialogue around 'manliness", maybe you need to look at that

"Women's work?"
Fixing a car is "quite manly?"
I don't believe in women's work.
What about cooking? Is cooking manly or "women's work". I ask because married or single I do the cooking. Does that make me gay? If so, what's wrong with that?
I'm a man and I cook I'm also gay. Again I'm don't believe in women's work. Nothing is wrong with that.
You know we're in the 21st century now right? Gays can be doctors, Trans people can hold public office and its perfectly fine to be straight Where I come from gender is irrelevant.
Well I'm a gay and my profession is welding. Gender or sex or sexual orientation doesn't really have a bearing of vocation or domestic chores.
Finally, there seems to be a lot of hyper dialogue around 'manliness", maybe you need to look at that
No kidding, it's all rather silly to me.

I don't know if you've been listening to many Republicans lately, but they never really grew up.

Republicans...so, boys I guess.

I don't think I really need a scientific study to prove that's far more standard than anecdotal.
I mean, that's literally a stereotypical joke about a wife wanting her husband to go to the ballet with her and him not wanting to.
There are commercials with jokes about men finding a way to watch the football game while attending their daughter's dance recital. What women are these men trying to impress with this type of behavior?

This one. At least if you ask the typical Republican.

I mean, a few. Not sure what that has to do with anything. I'm 40, and so are all my golf buddies. All Liberals.

Again, I doubt I need a scientific study to prove how little wives generally care about their husband's golf scores.
That's not an anecdote, that's par for the course(pun intended).

Look buddy, I don't mean to be a dick, but have you considered the possibility that you're being Gay means you have abso****inglutely no clue how a hetero man actually thinks?
I'm sorry, but nothing you're saying here jives with reality at all. Guys are far more in love with cars than women are. Don't get me wrong, women want a man who can afford a decent car, but when I've bought cars in the past that I'm proud of it's generally more about making other guys I know jealous than it is about purely picking up women.

You can cry anecdotal all you want, but I'm the straight guy, not you. That's not an insult, simply that I'm more likely to understand how typical men think than you are.

And how DO "typical men" think?

Curious, I'm in my eighth decade and am interested what constitutes a "real man" or in this case a "typical man".

What makes him typical?

I scuba dive, mountain hike, cycle, rock climb and race sailboats...all with men and women. So does any of that bi-sexual activity make me more or less of a man? When I last owned an automobile it was a pick up 4 X 4 and before that a Nissan 300 Z double turbo. Is either of them typical?

I am close friends with a large number of gay men, who were there for me 34 years ago when I went to AA. I have traveled and shared a room with a gay man while representing my group at an AA gathering. Does that make me more typical or less?

What I take into consideration always is 'is that person who and what they say they are? Are they genuine'? Often, I find people with attitudes about gender are insecure in their own sexuality

Lol thank you.

I'm the cook in my home I think that was what sealed the deal. When I met my partner the poor thing was living on instant soup and hot pockets.

I may have to step down though this summer he didn't teach summer school and took cooking classes.

Uh oh. Be prepared foor some experimental cuisine.

And how DO "typical men" think?

Curious, I'm in my eighth decade and am interested what constitutes a "real man" or in this case a "typical man".

What makes him typical?

I scuba dive, mountain hike, cycle, rock climb and race sailboats...all with men and women. So does any of that bi-sexual activity make me more or less of a man? When I last owned an automobile it was a pick up 4 X 4 and before that a Nissan 300 Z double turbo. Is either of them typical?

I am close friends with a large number of gay men, who were there for me 34 years ago when I went to AA. I have traveled and shared a room with a gay man while representing my group at an AA gathering. Does that make me more typical or less?

What I take into consideration always is 'is that person who and what they say they are? Are they genuine'? Often, I find people with attitudes about gender are insecure in their own sexuality
Seems what makes a real man doesn't really have any constancy.

I wouldn't worry any it not that you are.

Already have. He's not bad. Undercooked the chicken breast but I've made that mistake before.

He seems to be pretty good at pasta dishes.
My ex wife was a professional chef. My current wife was the lead chef for all of her family meetups and later on, the Church kitchen, so shes got a lot of experience. They are both pretty good.

When I was still serving in the Church I had to pack everything up when the service was over so they would be ready for the next service. Then I hustled over to the fellowship hall afterward to see if there was anything left to eat (which is only fair I thought since I paid for it). Anything my wife made was scarfed up right away.

Not that Im complaining, mind you...

My ex wife was a professional chef. My current wife was the lead chef for all of her family meetups and later on, the Church kitchen, so shes got a lot of experience. They are both pretty good.

When I was still serving in the Church I had to pack everything up when the service was over so they would be ready for the next service. Then I hustled over to the fellowship hall afterward to see if there was anything left to eat (which is only fair I thought since I paid for it). Anything my wife made was scarfed up right away.

Not that Im complaining, mind you...
I was never a chef but I wanted to cook when I was a boy and my mother taught me the basics. I learned more and more I'm no chef but I can make some tasty stuff.

I remember the big spaghetti dinners at the church when I was younger. That must have been a bunch of work but nothing was left over.

I was never a chef but I wanted to cook when I was a boy and my mother taught me the basics. I learned more and more I'm no chef but I can make some tasty stuff.

I remember the big spaghetti dinners at the church when I was younger. That must have been a bunch of work but nothing was left over.

Nonsense, you dont need to be a chef to make a good meal. The only diference I can see is the level of spices they use. I used to know a lady who didn't like to use salt, that was the most bland food I have ever tried.

Nonsense, you dont need to be a chef to make a good meal. The only diference I can see is the level of spices they use. I used to know a lady who didn't like to use salt, that was the most bland food I have ever tried.
I imagine the difference between a chef and a cook like me is speed. I can make a pretty mean fudge but it takes all my concentration.

I imagine the difference between a chef and a cook like me is speed. I can make a pretty mean fudge but it takes all my concentration.
Well, thats repitition. If you made fudge every day you'd be able to do it in your sleep. I swear my wife can make spaghetti bolognese in 20 minutes.

Well, thats repitition. If you made fudge every day you'd be able to do it in your sleep. I swear my wife can make spaghetti bolognese in 20 minutes.
Yeah I'm slower with a knife and quite a few things but yeah if I made it over and over again I would probably be a wiz. Chefing always interested in me but I don't think I have the personality for it.

depends on the size of the penis

Do you have time to edit the third option? Genitals, not gentiles
gentle gentiles with genitalia? isn't that one of those new boy bands

Back
Top Bottom