• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rate Russia's Military

Rate the Russian conventional military 1 - 10. One being Bush league and 10 being a true rival to am

• Total voters
I gave them a 5 only because of nukes. Without nukes, I would have given them a 3 after the invasion of Ukraine has exposed their weaknesses, lack of training, and technology. First, with their armored columns, they are sticking to roads, apparently lacking the ability to traverse rough terrain. It's making them sitting ducks for counterattacks. And they are unable to coordinate air attacks and ground attacks. Prior to the invasion of Ukraine, I thought that Russia had a fearsome and capable conventional military even if nowhere near on par with the US and I as well as most observers thought Ukraine would fall within 3 days. Now I think perhaps even the French could beat them.

The OP's question was only about conventional forces.

Nuclear is a whole different world. The end of the world as we know it. No winner there possible.

Excluding nukes compared to the US it is nothing

As we have seen Russia is not some juggernaut that had the capacity to roll over Europe in days. The militaries of the Western European countries were and are strong enough to defeat a Russian invasion of Western Europe

Comparing it individually to other militaries in the world, it would be rated in the top three, but if compared to the combined strength of Germany, France, Italy, and Spain it would be behind that group by quite a margin ( excluding nukes)

The poor Russian performance in Ukraine shows that there is no real need for dramatic increases in military spending

The OP's question was only about conventional forces.

Nuclear is a whole different world. The end of the world as we know it. No winner there possible.
Which is why I added that without nuclear, after the invasion of Ukraine, I give them a 3.

Given the French have one of the most capable ground forces in the world, that's not much of an insult.
The French have a fine military. It's their government that is weak.

They haven't been adequately trained in WOKENESS, BLM, and DEI so they're at a disadvantage.

So the implication is that if they did, they would have steamrolled Ukraine by now.

We have always been told Russia was a Superpower and a military rival to America.

Now that we have seen them in action what is your opinion?

Rate the Russian conventional military 1 - 10. One being Bush league and 10 being a true rival to america.
Well, when you compare Russia's recruiting advertisements with whatever the f*** the Army was doing with the animation of a girl and her two moms, can you take a guess who is ready to kick a$$ and who is ringing the dinner bell for their enemies?

I gave them a 5 only because of nukes. Without nukes, I would have given them a 3 after the invasion of Ukraine has exposed their weaknesses, lack of training, and technology. First, with their armored columns, they are sticking to roads, apparently lacking the ability to traverse rough terrain. It's making them sitting ducks for counterattacks. And they are unable to coordinate air attacks and ground attacks. Prior to the invasion of Ukraine, I thought that Russia had a fearsome and capable conventional military even if nowhere near on par with the US and I as well as most observers thought Ukraine would fall within 3 days. Now I think perhaps even the French could beat them.
I think part of their problem with sticking to roads is that the ground there is not reliably frozen so when they leave the roads, they get bogged down in the mud.

I think part of their problem with sticking to roads is that the ground there is not reliably frozen so when they leave the roads, they get bogged down in the mud.
That shouldn’t come as a surprise to the Russians.

They've done much, much more poorly than expected. They may yet defeat Ukraine, but at great cost to their own forces and virtual flattening of its cities. Amatuers. Decent toys, don't know how to use them apparently.

Based on what we've seen in the last couple of weeks? A 1

They could get their asses whipped by a kindergarten class. "The Mighty Russian Bear" turns out to be a drunk Winnie the Pooh.

Reactions: Bum
I'd give them a 4. Theyve got numbers, and they can stomp a 3rd world country down, but against any faction with Western style military training, high morale and high tech weapons, theyre not very good.

Don't backtrack just because it looks bad.

I applied basic logic.

But tell me; how much "woke" training do you think I got while I was in the Army?

Racist really have a thing with This woke business.

Never even heard about it till recently.

Is there really "woke" training?

Well, when you compare Russia's recruiting advertisements with whatever the f*** the Army was doing with the animation of a girl and her two moms, can you take a guess who is ready to kick a$$ and who is ringing the dinner bell for their enemies?

Evidently not the Russians.

FOKC7S1XIA8D-hl.jpg

Racist really have a thing with This woke business.

Never even heard about it till recently.

Is there really "woke" training?

I had a 15 minute powerpoint presentation about Transgender soldiers back in 2016, 13 minutes of which were about updating DEERS, because of course.

I loved it. Kept me from wasting another 15 minutes of my life in the motor pool.

That shouldn’t come as a surprise to the Russians.
Well, you can't blame Russia. It's not like there's some historical precedent that Russia can draw upon regarding the wisdom of attacking in winter.

Based on what we've seen in the last couple of weeks? A 1

They could get their asses whipped by a kindergarten class. "The Mighty Russian Bear" turns out to be a drunk Winnie the Pooh.
:ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom