• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rank disgusting abuse of power

Again, warms the cockles of my heart to see so called "progressives" supporting and defending heavy handed abusive practices of the FBI.
Your cockles seemed a bit steamed before I posted, I believe there is a cream for that... :)

It amazes me how MAGA can shrug when LEOs kick in the wrong door, shoot innocent citizens, and then falsify the reporting be so up in arms, well up in the computer chair, over how LEOs serve arrest warrants. This wasn't abuse, or heavy handed. No Knocks are heavy handed. tRump wasn't 'raided', a candidate for anger management wasn't abused. Was he knocked to the ground (twice); was he pepper sprayed, striped searched in front of the family??? :unsure:

That you seem to want Progressives to be some stereotype says a lot about your bias. I've done a lot of things that MAGA Karens don't think 'good' progressives volunteer to do. Hell, many don't volunteer themselves, but try and belittle progressives for not 'loving 'Merica. Don't want to shatter your misconceptions about Progressives but I own several firearms and ain't half bad with them. Got a 90% VA disability rating. Oh, own land and cattle in an extremely red state... :cautious:

But what the hay, MAGAs seem intent on living in a world of alternate facts, enjoying the echo chamber... ✌️

What? You mean fascists routinely lie about what actually happened in order to make THEMSELVES out to be the victims?

Stop the presses

Do you have a link to this "protocol" You keep citing?
Do you know how warrants work? Under what circumstances are you aware of law enforcement not arresting someone they know has an active felony warrant? Not doing so would be a dereliction of their duty.

Why is he bringing his 12 year old to harass women?
A lot of that going around on the radical right, like the guy that was just sentenced to prison that took his teen son to commit sedition and violence at the Capitol. These people! :rolleyes:

That you seem to want Progressives to be some stereotype says a lot about your bias. I
Nah. I'm taking about self identified " Progressives" on this board and in Congress that two short years ago were decrying Fed LEOs trying to protect the firebombing of Federal Courthouses as "Stormtroopers" are now hypocritically hailing these FBI agents as heros.

Last edited:
Do you know how warrants work?
And you think condescension helps your argument? A simple "No, Rawley, I don't have a link to this protocol I've been citing."

Under what circumstances are you aware of law enforcement not arresting someone they know has an active felony warrant? Not doing so would be a dereliction of their duty.
As far I understand police protocol, it is policy to avoid the possibility for violence whenever and wherever possible. In the present case, this guy had already offered to surrender to the US Attorney for the indictment. But instead, the DOJ chose to execute an arrest warrant at the guy's house with 15-20 armed FBI agents. Seems that is escalating the possibility for violence, not avoiding it.

And you think condescension helps your argument? A simple "No, Rawley, I don't have a link to this protocol I've been citing."
Or you can admit, no, you don't understand how warrants work.

As far I understand police protocol, it is policy to avoid the possibility for violence whenever and wherever possible. In the present case, this guy had already offered to surrender to the US Attorney for the indictment. But instead, the DOJ chose to execute an arrest warrant at the guy's house with 15-20 armed FBI agents. Seems that is escalating the possibility for violence, not avoiding it.
That isn't correct. Police do not rely on suspects saying they'll turn themselves in and leave it at that. A lot of people think something like this is excessive, but is it?

A suspects's home is one of the most dangerous locations to effect an arrest. It is common sense and prudent to be properly armed. The police (FBI, any law enforcement) are not beholden to a suspects's attorneys request that they be allowed to turn themselves in.

A suspects's home is one of the most dangerous locations to effect an arrest.
No shit. But you keep arguing that this was the right thing to do when the dude offered to turn himself in to the US Attorney issuing the indictment.

We're done here. I thought you were interested in an honest discussion, but clearly I was wrong.

Have a nice day.

No shit. But you keep arguing that this was the right thing to do when the dude offered to turn himself in to the US Attorney issuing the indictment.
Offer denied, he’s taking the ride.

We're done here. I thought you were interested in an honest discussion, but clearly I was wrong.
That’s what I do. You, I would hazard a guess, were not defending Breonna Taylor (not a criminal) so gallantly, even after it became known the warrant on her home was based on lies. So why do those officers get the benefit of a doubt, but not the FBI agents in this case, who on the whole are one of the most effective and professional law enforcement agencies in the world? The order to make the arrest would have come from the prosecutor or above, the FBI just executed the legal warrant because that is what they do every day, just like this.

Have a nice day.
You as well.

Yes theblaze is biased. And has distorted events with spin just like most of the others do.

But I highly doubt the basic facts are off on this one. It would be o credibly rare for this stereotype of a guy to assault a 72 year old with provocation.

I would bet big money when the dust settles he will get off and might have a lawsuit.

And bias checkers have been shown to be biased as well.

For being arrested

Was he beaten, shot, had his head slammed into the patrol car. Was he placed on the ground with a knee in his neck until he passed out/ died?

No source.
There's already a thread.
I don't think that's an accurate account of events.
The religious right is trying to paint Houck as a freedom fighter for Jesus.

Perhaps you'd feel different if it was you targeted by your government.
Nobody is being targeted. They committed crimes and are being held accountable for their actions, but you don't think they should be held accountable because you agree with them. Don't do the crime unless you can do the time.

Do you know how warrants work? Under what circumstances are you aware of law enforcement not arresting someone they know has an active felony warrant? Not doing so would be a dereliction of their duty.

A negative cant be proven. However, you can prove this 'protocol' exists.

Wait, i proved it. Surrenders happen all the time. And could have here.

Mesa County Clerk Tina Peters and her deputy, Belinda Knisley, turned themselves in to authorities Wednesday afternoon at the county sheriff's department hours after prosecutors released a 13-count grand jury indictment alleging the pair took part in a "deceptive scheme" to breach secure voting equipment, officials said.

Back
Top Bottom