• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Radical Islam

Not frightened at all. I figured he was doing what the left does, destroy, create chaos, etc. Too bad fifty people died as a result.

What's got you in such an emotional tailspin that you're forced into such hilarious dishonesty?

Thanks for tacitly admitting he was an ultra-conservative. Too bad you're celebrating their deaths my trying to make political hay out of it.

My guess is Mateen was a leftist. Most muslims are. Muslims and the left are political allies.

That has to be the funniest post of all. Muslims and the left? The same left who champions gay rights and a woman's right to choose, that left? Or is there a different left that espouses the extreme authoritarian stance of the Muslim world?

I was flipping through the channels and landed on a Trump rally where he continuously used the term "radical Islam". I never understood what was so wrong in saying that and then it occurred to me that some might view it as calling all Islam radical. In my mind, and I think even in Trump's mind, he is not saying that, just that there are those who practice a radical form of Islam, just as there are those who practice a radical form Christianity, etc. Radical Islam just refers to the radical factions of Islam, not Islam as a whole. Thoughts?

13450948_10154111488571421_9130674089049521268_n.jpg

That has to be the funniest post of all. Muslims and the left? The same left who champions gay rights and a woman's right to choose, that left? Or is there a different left that espouses the extreme authoritarian stance of the Muslim world?

Yep, welcome to reality. Look it up.

Probably the same reason nobody says "radical christian" terrorists, when referring to Nazis, the KKK, or the LRA.

More to the point, would you even be here asking why dont people use the term "radical christian" if the recent attack in Orlando was committed by a member of one those 3 groups?

who is beheading Christians,who is raping children,who is raping mothers and daughters and in front of their husbands and fathers then beheading them,who ,muslims that is who ,blow that smoke up someone else's ass.

run don run

What's got you in such an emotional tailspin that you're forced into such hilarious dishonesty?

Thanks for tacitly admitting he was an ultra-conservative. Too bad you're celebrating their deaths my trying to make political hay out of it.

Quite honestly, I think radical muslims view conservatives as their enemies and liberals as fools.

The reason is simple... Conservatives are hot and heavy about taking the fight to them and destroying them, making conservatives the enemy... While liberals are very outspoken about the treatment of women and gays, but at the same time are their greatest defenders and enablers, which make them fools.

I am not trying to be offensive. I was just taking a step back and trying to see things from their perspective.

Quite honestly, I think radical muslims view conservatives as their enemies and liberals as fools.

The reason is simple... Conservatives are hot and heavy about taking the fight to them and destroying them, making conservatives the enemy... While liberals are very outspoken about the treatment of women and gays, but at the same time are their greatest defenders and enablers, which make them fools.

I am not trying to be offensive. I was just taking a step back and trying to see things from their perspective.

Remember: One of the goals of radical Islam is a war between Islam and Christianity. Who is more likely to play into their hands, the anti war left, or the bomb them back to the stone age right?

The terrorists are practicing Islam exactly as Mohamed wanted. Worrying about how they feel about what we call them is political correctness and just gets in the way of eradicating the problem. I understand that not all muslims want to practice the religion fundamentally but there are enough that do that they need to keep their heads down to prevent becoming collateral damage. I was so incensed by Obama's speech today that I have finally gotten to the point that I view a religion as having begun a war with us. We need to end it at all cost. Let's obliterate Raqa in Syria and finish the job in both Syria and Iraq. There isn't much you can do about the home grown fundamentalists but at lease we can slow down their growth and stop importing more of the from abroad. This is getting ridiculous.

Remember: One of the goals of radical Islam is a war between Islam and Christianity. Who is more likely to play into their hands, the anti war left, or the bomb them back to the stone age right?

Radical Islam wants that war on their terms, not ours. Aggressively pursuing them, seeking them out, and destroying them is the last thing that they want. Passivity by nations in the western world allows them to more easily plan and organize attacks, as well preserve their numbers as they expand.

Take a look at this Wikipedia page, it lists the major Islamic terrorist attacks that have taken place around the world. Pay close attention to the number of attacks each year since 9/11, and you will notice something very telling.

Do you see starting in 2005, how the number of major Islamic terrorist attacks per year began rapidly shrinking each year through 2009? That was during the peak of the wars in both Afghanistan and Iraq, including the 2007 troop surge. Now jump ahead to 2009, when Obama announced shortly after taking office, that we would be withdrawing our military from Iraq in the coming months and years. The troop withdraw began in mid 2010 and was completed in mid December of 2011. Now take a look at that list of major Islamic terrorist attacks each year from 2012 through today. As you see the number of attacks per year reversed course and began growing exponentially.

So I ask you basically the same question... What strategy has played into their hands most effectively since 9/11?

I was flipping through the channels and landed on a Trump rally where he continuously used the term "radical Islam". I never understood what was so wrong in saying that and then it occurred to me that some might view it as calling all Islam radical. In my mind, and I think even in Trump's mind, he is not saying that, just that there are those who practice a radical form of Islam, just as there are those who practice a radical form Christianity, etc. Radical Islam just refers to the radical factions of Islam, not Islam as a whole. Thoughts?

I read once, somewhere, that Islam is a scourge on humanity. I believe it.

Radical Islam wants that war on their terms, not ours. Aggressively pursuing them, seeking them out, and destroying them is the last thing that they want. Passivity by nations in the western world allows them to more easily plan and organize attacks, as well preserve their numbers as they expand.

Take a look at this Wikipedia page, it lists the major Islamic terrorist attacks that have taken place around the world. Pay close attention to the number of attacks each year since 9/11, and you will notice something very telling.

Do you see starting in 2005, how the number of major Islamic terrorist attacks per year began rapidly shrinking each year through 2009? That was during the peak of the wars in both Afghanistan and Iraq, including the 2007 troop surge. Now jump ahead to 2009, when Obama announced shortly after taking office, that we would be withdrawing our military from Iraq in the coming months and years. The troop withdraw began in mid 2010 and was completed in mid December of 2011. Now take a look at that list of major Islamic terrorist attacks each year from 2012 through today. As you see the number of attacks per year reversed course and began growing exponentially.

So I ask you basically the same question... What strategy has played into their hands most effectively since 9/11?

Hmm.. must be the strategy of "aggressively pursuing them, seeking them out, and destroying them" that has been carried out ever since the disastrous war in Iraq ended, right?

Hmm.. must be the strategy of "aggressively pursuing them, seeking them out, and destroying them" that has been carried out ever since the disastrous war in Iraq ended, right?

It could well be the war that motivated them, but the fact remains that while our troops were in Iraq engaging the terrorists, things had subsided on a pretty large scale, and ever since we pulled our troops out, major acts of Islamic terrorism have increased year after year.

My point being, that not actively engaging them has resulted in their resurgence, therefore any suggestion that they would prefer us to actively engage them again, seems rather ridiculous.

It could well be the war that motivated them, but the fact remains that while our troops were in Iraq engaging the terrorists, things had subsided on a pretty large scale, and ever since we pulled our troops out, major acts of Islamic terrorism have increased year after year.

My point being, that not actively engaging them has resulted in their resurgence, therefore any suggestion that they would prefer us to actively engage them again, seems rather ridiculous.

Sending troops to take over a secular nation in the name of fighting radical Islam is absurd. "They" (being the radical jihadis) weren't even in Iraq until after the invasion. Saddam Hussain was no friend of AlQaeda.

Sending troops to take over a secular nation in the name of fighting radical Islam is absurd. "They" (being the radical jihadis) weren't even in Iraq until after the invasion. Saddam Hussain was no friend of AlQaeda.

I'm not suggesting we take over a nation, nor am I arguing the benefits or repercussions of the Iraq war. The only thing I'm addressing here, is your apparent belief that Islamic terrorists prefer a United States that confronts them militarily, rather than a passive one that does not.

I'm not suggesting we take over a nation, nor am I arguing the benefits or repercussions of the Iraq war. The only thing I'm addressing here, is your apparent belief that Islamic terrorists prefer a United States that confronts them militarily, rather than a passive one that does not.

ISIL isn't exactly keeping its goals a secret:

ISIS makes no secret of its ultimate ambition: A global caliphate secured through a global war. To that end it speaks of "remaining and expanding" its existing hold over much of Iraq and Syria. It aims to replace existing, man-made borders, to overcome what it sees as the Shiite "crescent" that has emerged across the Middle East, to take its war -- Islam's war -- to Europe and America, and ultimately to lead Muslims toward an apocalyptic battle against the "disbelievers."

source

ISIL isn't exactly keeping its goals a secret:

ISIS makes no secret of its ultimate ambition: A global caliphate secured through a global war. To that end it speaks of "remaining and expanding" its existing hold over much of Iraq and Syria. It aims to replace existing, man-made borders, to overcome what it sees as the Shiite "crescent" that has emerged across the Middle East, to take its war -- Islam's war -- to Europe and America, and ultimately to lead Muslims toward an apocalyptic battle against the "disbelievers."

source

That description does not support your belief that Islamic terrorists prefer a United States that confronts them militarily, rather than a passive one that does not. That says that ISIS wants to take it's war to us, not that they want the United States to confront them over there in the middle east.

That description seems to support what I said to you when this conversation began:

Why would muslims not vote for BO, freebies, and a political party that is so hung up on PC'ness? I mean, really. You truly don't have a clue do you? LMAO

Maybe you would believe the muslims themselves? :lamo

https://www.cair.com/press-center/p...-of-muslim-voters-picked-president-obama.html

or maybe a leftist publication?

http://www.newsweek.com/american-muslims-overwhelmingly-backed-obama-85173

Why would muslims not vote for BO, freebies, and a political party that is so hung up on PC'ness? I mean, really. You truly don't have a clue do you? LMAO

Maybe you would believe the muslims themselves? :lamo

https://www.cair.com/press-center/p...-of-muslim-voters-picked-president-obama.html

or maybe a leftist publication?

http://www.newsweek.com/american-muslims-overwhelmingly-backed-obama-85173

Yawn. Perhaps those links are relevant to someone who harbors the delusion that Obama is a leftist, but not to any rational adult.

Yawn. Perhaps those links are relevant to someone who harbors the delusion that Obama is a leftist, but not to any rational adult.

My bad. He's a kook leftist.

I can't agree with that completely. Certainly there are hundreds of millions of people who identify themselves as Muslims who do not believe their religion commands or even condones jihadist violence. But there are also many tens of millions who believe in Islamist supremacism, as expressed in shari'ah. That is not just a compilation of religious tenets, but a guide to how Muslims should conduct themselves in all aspects of life. Shari'ah is based directly on the Koran and the hadiths, but it as much a social and political program as a religious one. And it is supremacist, intolerant, and often violent.

Islamists who believe in imposing shari'ah wherever they go are not compatible with our Western democratic values. And their beliefs about how they should live as Muslims are rooted in the Koran. The views of these Islamists are NOT radical, but mainstream--they are widely shared by large parts of the population of many Muslim nations. That's where the mistake is often made--support for shari'ah and for jihad is NOT just confined to a fringe minority of people who are not true Muslims.

The intolerance and belief in Muslim supremacy and jihadist violence spring directly from an interpretation of official Islamic texts that many tens of millions of Muslims subscribe to. To recognize that Islam itself is at the core of the threat being presented to the West is in no way to tar all Muslims as violent or intolerant. Most are no such thing, but if they do not speak out against the violence inherent in one interpretation of their religion, they risk being seen as enablers of the people who engage in it.

That description does not support your belief that Islamic terrorists prefer a United States that confronts them militarily, rather than a passive one that does not. That says that ISIS wants to take it's war to us, not that they want the United States to confront them over there in the middle east.

That description seems to support what I said to you when this conversation began:

It's pretty hard to get a war going with a nation that won't confront you militarily. Their apocalyptic battle is between Islam Christianity.

Back
Top Bottom