• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Radical Islam

Progressive, leftist liberalism is going to cost many Americans their lives.
In true Progressive form, this will probably turn into a gun control issue as usual.

And to those who compare Christianity to Islam.....I do believe there is a significant disparity between the number of horrific murders committed in the name of one of these religions in the past 50 years or more vs the other. So no, they are not comparable.

What do the immigrants have to do with this? The guy who did this is just as American as me or you.

I think the bar should be a bit higher than just accidentally being born here. But it is what it is. Our high levels of indiscriminate immigration so far has done a bang up job or creating ghettos

DoJ will charge him with a capital offense, I presume.

Yes, I have a thought, or maybe a question.

I understand radical Islam. But what is a "radical Christian?" One who is really, really, really, excited about spreading the Word? :confused:

radical christians are the ones that do more terrorism in the US than radical moslems.

But what exactly is it that the far right wingers and the Trumpsters want that paints all Muslims with the sins of a few? The only thing I can think of is banning all Muslims, including refugees, from entering the country. What they mean by this is not letting them in unless they are properly vetted and in the case of refugees, it is about impossible to vet them. We will be having terrorist attacks all across America on a regular basis if we let in one bad one for every one hundred good ones that come in. They just want to keep America safe and only let in the ones who can be properly vetted. There will be a bunch of Orlando's all over the country if we just let a bunch of Muslim refugees in without proper vetting.

The guy in Orlando was an American. Not sure about the guy in L. A. though.

I think the bar should be a bit higher than just accidentally being born here. But it is what it is. Our high levels of indiscriminate immigration so far has done a bang up job or creating ghettos

DoJ will charge him with a capital offense, I presume.

So, you'd deport the American born Muslims as well? Maybe send them to where their ancestors came from? What about guys like Muhammad Ali? What do you want to do with them?

Get serious. I'm talking naturalized, you are talking native born citizens. Thus the phrase "it is what it is".

Get serious. I'm talking naturalized, you are talking native born citizens. Thus the phrase "it is what it is".

The person you were talking about is a native born American. He's not naturalized. He could have been president, had he followed a different course.

I was flipping through the channels and landed on a Trump rally where he continuously used the term "radical Islam". I never understood what was so wrong in saying that and then it occurred to me that some might view it as calling all Islam radical. In my mind, and I think even in Trump's mind, he is not saying that, just that there are those who practice a radical form of Islam, just as there are those who practice a radical form Christianity, etc. Radical Islam just refers to the radical factions of Islam, not Islam as a whole. Thoughts?

I'm rather puzzled as to the assumption underlying many of these debates. I'd be interested to hear about scenarios in which a person who was not going to become a terrorist chooses to become a terrorist because Obama said "radical islam" rather than X, Y, or Z.

I was flipping through the channels and landed on a Trump rally where he continuously used the term "radical Islam". I never understood what was so wrong in saying that and then it occurred to me that some might view it as calling all Islam radical. In my mind, and I think even in Trump's mind, he is not saying that, just that there are those who practice a radical form of Islam, just as there are those who practice a radical form Christianity, etc. Radical Islam just refers to the radical factions of Islam, not Islam as a whole. Thoughts?

He uses the term to separate between those who practice Islam peacefully, and those who don't.

Even if they are American Citizens?

Yes. I refer you to the 2000 SC debate with Larry King, Bush 43, McCain and Keyes for why. Keyes provided the reasoning.

Nice time to pull out that apology. Those people are dead and not from playing your word games.

Nazi's weren't motivated by Christianity or what was in the Bible. They were actually hostile to it, and had religion under state control. Remnants of which are still evident in Germany today.

KKK was the militant arm of the racist Demokrat Party. Not motivated by the Bible.

Militant Islam is taking their directives as found in their Good Book.

What do the immigrants have to do with this? The guy who did this is just as American as me or you.

You have a strange definition of "just as American."

radical christians are the ones that do more terrorism in the US than radical moslems.

ROTFLMAO. Yeah, I hear those "radical Christians" are something else. I mean, the audacity of those people feeding and clothing the poor, damn them anyway. :roll:

ROTFLMAO. Yeah, I hear those "radical Christians" are something else. I mean, the audacity of those people feeding and clothing the poor, damn them anyway. :roll:

its true
White Americans are the biggest terror threat in the United States, according to a study by the New America Foundation. The Washington-based research organization did a review of “terror” attacks on US soil since Sept. 11, 2001 and found that most of them were carried out by radical anti-government groups or white supremacists.

White Americans Are The Biggest Terror Threat In The United States

Before we know it the doctors will be administering faulty medical procedures on a 'radical' scale...

pretty-female-muslim-doctor-stethoscope-smiles-confidence-looks-young-32302631.jpg

:roll:

ahhhhh, the classic shell game.

In such a proudly predominantly Christian country, what would your guess be?

In such a proudly predominantly Christian country, what would your guess be?

It's a liberally slanted play on words, designed to promote an agenda. The article isn't even from mainstream media. Now you could argue that the majority of those 19 incidents were most likely or probably related to someone who is a Christian but this is an example of the hypocrisy of the left as you are automatically finding Christians guilty for all 19 incidents without any evidence whatsoever, just as some on the right blame all Muslims for the actions of a few. The left often doesn't see their own hypocrisy.

Back
Top Bottom