• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Race for 2008

It will be Hillary for the Democrats. She has been planning her presidential run since 1993.

Dick Morris has hit the nail on the head. Republicans will put up Condi or they will lose. It's a fact.

Hillary ranks well in the middle (due largely to her incredibly dishonest re-inventing of her insanely left-wing, inexperienced background) and will take the female vote-which controls every national American election.

The only way Republicans can contend with this is if they run Condi. Condi has shown herself to be aggressive about resolving black issues. She will take critical core support from the Democrat base. This will be good for blacks not only because she will represent them favorably, but also because the two parties will begin competing for their votes again. Currently no one listens to blacks because both sides readily place them in the Democrat voting bloc.

Condi will also take another huge core constituency of the Democrats- single, white women. Unlike Hillary, Condi is self-made, and a brilliant, proven, seasoned veteran of foreign policy.

This battle will be between a foreign policy-focused expert and a domestic policy-focused novice, and Condi will win by a lot.

Forget Guliani and McCain. Republicans will never support them. Newt has too much negative stigma surrounding him from his opposition to the popular, horrifically corrupt career-felon who "ran" America during the 1990s.

White Republican men will never appeal to single white women, and will never appeal to married white women as much as a woman.

Anyone who knows the game knows that it will; it will HAVE TO come down to a match up between these two.

Republicans will run Condi or they will lose.

aquapub said:
It will be Hillary for the Democrats. She has been planning her presidential run since 1993.

Dick Morris has hit the nail on the head. Republicans will put up Condi or they will lose. It's a fact.

Hillary ranks well in the middle (due largely to her incredibly dishonest re-inventing of her insanely left-wing, inexperienced background) and will take the female vote-which controls every national American election.

The only way Republicans can contend with this is if they run Condi. Condi has shown herself to be aggressive about resolving black issues. She will take critical core support from the Democrat base. This will be good for blacks not only because she will represent them favorably, but also because the two parties will begin competing for their votes again. Currently no one listens to blacks because both sides readily place them in the Democrat voting bloc.

Condi will also take another huge core constituency of the Democrats- single, white women. Unlike Hillary, Condi is self-made, and a brilliant, proven, seasoned veteran of foreign policy.

This battle will be between a foreign policy-focused expert and a domestic policy-focused novice, and Condi will win by a lot.

Forget Guliani and McCain. Republicans will never support them. Newt has too much negative stigma surrounding him from his opposition to the popular, horrifically corrupt career-felon who "ran" America during the 1990s.

White Republican men will never appeal to single white women, and will never appeal to married white women as much as a woman.

Anyone who knows the game knows that it will; it will HAVE TO come down to a match up between these two.

Republicans will run Condi or they will lose.

I will bet you that its not going to be either Hillary OR Condi.

If it's not Condi, then the Democrats will control the White House in 2008. No question about it.

Aside from Condi, the GOP potentials who could win the Republican nomination could not win the general election, and the GOP potentials who could win the general election could not get past the Republican primaries.

You've got potentials like McCain and Giuliani who are moderate enough to win the general election, but will never get the GOP nomination.

Then you've got potentials like Frist (scandal-plagued), Gingrich (generally disliked), Romney, Allen, Pataki, etc who would not win in the general election.

It's gotta be Condi.

RightatNYU said:

I'm gonna have to agree with you here. Despite the hype, I just don't see it happening....maybe throw them on the ticket as VP, but I still don't think our nation is willing to vote a woman into office, and putting two women against each other just wouldn't sit very well with the masses just yet. Maybe in 2012, but definitely not in '08.

I don't think you're giving America enough credit. All the recent polls show about 80% of Americans willing to vote for a woman for president, regardless of party.

NightSaint said:
I don't think you're giving America enough credit. All the recent polls show about 80% of Americans willing to vote for a woman for president, regardless of party.

They say that now, but when it comes down to the wire, those numbers suddenly reverse.

Besides, I don't like polls like that, maybe 80% of the people they polled would be willing to vote for a woman, but I don't know a single person that's ever participated in one of those polls; nor do I know anyone that's ready to vote a woman into office.

And I know tons of people who would.

So who's to say that they know that the majority of Americans are against having a woman president?

NightSaint said:
And I know tons of people who would.

So who's to say that they know that the majority of Americans are against having a woman president?

But who's to say they're for it?

Sorry, dude, but you're gonna have to wait for your female president, because I can almost guarantee, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that it won't happen in '08.

All the polls and data available say they for it, and so does my personal experience interacting with people.

I can guarantee you beyond a shadow of a doubt that Condoleezza Rice will be President in 2008, regardless of her sex or race.

RightatNYU said:

I am quite convinced that my Democrat counterparts are seriously misguided people, but suicidally stupid on a no-brainer call like running Hillary when they have NO ONE else with name recognition and popularity? Democrats have made some pretty stupid strategic calls in the last 6 elections, but even Terry McCauliff wouldn't be so dumb as to not run the Democrats' only dark horse champion.

Not going to happen.

It is a given that Hillary will be the nominee. The only question is whether Republicans will do the math, realize they only have one choice, and draft our only chance.

Mark my words. I will gladly eat them in front of you if Hillary isn't their choice.

Here's a couple things that haven't been taken into account. Women don't vote for women. You also have to carry the south to win the presidency. Good luck trying to convince "nascar dads" to vote for a woman, let alone a black woman.

Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002:
Here's a couple things that haven't been taken into account. Women don't vote for women. You also have to carry the south to win the presidency. Good luck trying to convince "nascar dads" to vote for a woman, let alone a black woman
Nascar Dads vs. Soccer Moms

(film at eleven)

Originally posted by NightSaint:
I can guarantee you beyond a shadow of a doubt that Condoleezza Rice will be President in 2008, regardless of her sex or race.
Bullshit! Hillary's a shoe in. It's all been settled but the race itself.

independent_thinker2002 said:
Here's a couple things that haven't been taken into account. Women don't vote for women. You also have to carry the south to win the presidency. Good luck trying to convince "nascar dads" to vote for a woman, let alone a black woman.

I don't know if you saw Condi Rice's visit to Alabama with British foreign secretary Jack Straw, but she was treated like a rock star down there. She's a local hero. Thousands upon thousands of people were roaring for her when she did the coin toss at that football game.

You're not giving Americans enough credit. People will vote for her, because she's the most qualified, and would make the best Commander in Chief.

NightSaint said:
I don't know if you saw Condi Rice's visit to Alabama with British foreign secretary Jack Straw, but she was treated like a rock star down there. She's a local hero. Thousands upon thousands of people were roaring for her when she did the coin toss at that football game.

Girls were throwing their bras and panties at her? People were giving her free drugs?

NightSaint said:
You're not giving Americans enough credit. People will vote for her, because she's the most qualified, and would make the best Commander in Chief.

You are giving the system too much credit. You think that the most qualified and best candidates actually get the nomination.

You are giving the system too much credit. You think that the most qualified and best candidates actually get the nomination.

You're not giving Americans enough credit. The best and most qualified candidates obviously don't always get the nomination, but Dr. Rice is, and she will. Bet on it.

NightSaint said:
You're not giving Americans enough credit. The best and most qualified candidates obviously don't always get the nomination, but Dr. Rice is, and she will. Bet on it.

Sorry, but I'd put my money on Randy Crow before I'd put it on Condi.

NightSaint said:

You are giving Americans too much credit. Please tell me how Bush was the most qualified and best candidate.

Saywhoseawhat? Where in the world did you come up with this. I'd vote for a women in a heartbeat. Provided, of course that I agreed with her platform. I wouldn't vote for her because she's a women.

Originally posted by Kelzie:
Saywhoseawhat? Where in the world did you come up with this. I'd vote for a women in a heartbeat. Provided, of course that I agreed with her platform. I wouldn't vote for her because she's a women.
You're not a women. You're a .........wait a second ..............f_ck, were upstairs ............nevermind.

Billo_Really said:
You're not a women. You're a .........wait a second ..............f_ck, were upstairs ............nevermind.

That's okay. You're not original no matter what floor we're on. :nahnah:

Originally posted by Kelzie:
That's okay. You're not original no matter what floor we're on.
Did you know that is one claim I have never made?

Billo_Really said:
Did you know that is one claim I have never made?

That you weren't original? Why would you make that claim against yourself?

You are giving Americans too much credit. Please tell me how Bush was the most qualified and best candidate.

I'm not saying Bush necessarily was the best candidate. What I am saying is that not only is Condi the best candidate, she CAN and WILL win the election.

Kelzie said:

With all due respect, you don't speak for all women. My point was that women are more critical of other women than they are men. Call it cattiness. I know the women will flame me for this.

Back
Top Bottom