• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Quote Posts identifiers

GottaGo

Rock and a hard place
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
In some lengthy threads, it takes a lot of time to try and backtrack when you want to respond to a post that someone else has quoted.

Is it possible to include the post # in the quoted post?

In some lengthy threads, it takes a lot of time to try and backtrack when you want to respond to a post that someone else has quoted.

Is it possible to include the post # in the quoted post?

When you view the reply post then simply click on your original and it takes you right to it. ;)

When you view the reply post then simply click on your original and it takes you right to it. ;)

When poster X quotes poster Y, and I want to respond to poster Y's original post, it's a hunt back through the thread to find poster Y's post.

Did that make sense?

When poster X quotes poster Y, and I want to respond to poster Y's original post, it's a hunt back through the thread to find poster Y's post.

Did that make sense?

No. ;)

Did that make sense?

Yes, it makes sense. You're reading Poster X's reply to Poster Y...which Poster X has quoted. If you click on Poster Y's blue double-arrow in the quoted material, it will take you to Poster Y's original post.

Did that make sense?

That little blue thingy next to the quoted posters name takes you right back to the post that was quoted.

just don't **** up the quote hash and make it look like poster X said half of what poster Y said when he/she jacked up the quote of what poster Z said.

That little blue thingy next to the quoted posters name takes you right back to the post that was quoted.

I guess I just wasn't using the proper technical terms. ;)

EDIT: You forgot to say left click it, though.

just don't **** up the quote hash and make it look like poster X said half of what poster Y said when he/she jacked up the quote of what poster Z said.

Yep. That makes climate change happen and you will be called a racist for that. ;)

Back
Top Bottom