• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Quit Smoking And Started Vaping

I had a home health patient years ago who was the same. He had the worst lung disease of any person I've ever seen. Could barely breathe, just sitting at rest, but he still smoked. It blew my mind. He'd smoke WITH his oxygen on. If it had been me, some catastrophe would have happened when I did that, but guy was just unbelievable. It was sad, and he could be a pretty rough customer to deal with, but there was something about that crusty old codger that I loved anyway. :lol:

This guy at work would get up from his desk and walk over to you and start talking and had to stop speaking at every third word or so to take a gasp. Then if he had to walk a little ways sometimes he'd do it and leave his tank at his desk... his nose would start turning purple the longer he walked. He's a good guy. I'm gonna miss him. I can't even go to his house to say bye because he wants no visitors.

This guy at work would get up from his desk and walk over to you and start talking and had to stop speaking at every third word or so to take a gasp. Then if he had to walk a little ways sometimes he'd do it and leave his tank at his desk... his nose would start turning purple the longer he walked. He's a good guy. I'm gonna miss him. I can't even go to his house to say bye because he wants no visitors.

The bolded is the reason I quit. I saw a woman in a store one day, who was doing the same thing. It was a major effort just to speak. I don't want to end up living like that, especially for a prolonged period of time. The thought horrifies me.

The bolded is the reason I quit. I saw a woman in a store one day, who was doing the same thing. It was a major effort just to speak. I don't want to end up living like that, especially for a prolonged period of time. The thought horrifies me.

Absolutely. I want to live longer. Not die longer.

What I've noticed about observing dying over the years is that the will follows the ability. Once your usual abilities start to disappear, your will to live follows it down. For instance, my granddad going blind as he got older... he was a very hands on creative guy. When he couldn't do his creative work because of his eyesight, his health started to reflect this in that you could tell he didn't want to be around much anymore. You see it in cancer patients often. They'll be walking around and feel some kind of discomfort and go to the Dr's and they'll tell them "you have cancer" and it's like almost immediately they often seem to be bed ridden because it shocked their will. Weird stuff how the mind controls the body to a much larger extent than we think.

Back
Top Bottom