• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Question for Pro Choice (pro abortion rights) People.

No. Women are talked into by some of the cruelest progressives around not realizing that they are being played by the left. Then when it happens, it can't be undone but nobody from the left are long gone. The truth is that they run away from their own responsibility for having convinced her to do it.

You seriously believe pro-choicers are actively trying to talk women into abortions?!?

I couldn't make this **** up... :screwy

I don't think there's a black-and-white answer here. Ultimately each woman is best positioned to judge her own circumstances. I certainly don't think an "outsider" is well-equipped to do so.

Well, I don't agree with that. To me anyway ending a pregnancy shouldn't simply be a decision a woman is fine with. There are times when it happens and it's for the best like if it's not going to survive if it is born, but that does not mean it's acceptable that women are perfectly ok with aborting it. Maybe I'm an odd ball, but to me anyway men or women that feel nothing for their offspring are extremely despicable people.

Well, I don't agree with that. To me anyway ending a pregnancy shouldn't simply be a decision a woman is fine with.There are times when it happens and it's for the best like if it's not going to survive if it is born, but that does not mean it's acceptable that women are perfectly ok with aborting it. Maybe I'm an odd ball, but to me anyway men or women that feel nothing for their offspring are extremely despicable people.

That's the whole point! :)

I can't imagine many people in these situations "feel nothing." The ones that are out there, IMHO, are probably "issue prone."

Where did I say it wasn't human?

I stand corrected. You said :" It's not a human life, it's like having an ovarian cyst removed."

It's just a clump of cells, remember? It's not a human life, it's like having an ovarian cyst removed. Why would anyone ever feel regret over having a cyst removed?

Again that's your opinion.
It was not Dopplegangirl's opinion nor mine.

It's an argument, not an opinion, one that's shared by 99.99% of pro-choice.

Great, so given that this is a debate site, what's your counter-argument?

I have no counter argument I was corrected , I stand corrected and I accept your opinion is that a unborn is not a human life.

I accept your concession, have a good morning :2wave:

No concession.
Just an agreement to accept your opinion as yours.:2wave:

Last edited:
How about you? Don't you feel guilt when ever you give such a BS answer? No? Well you should.

Have you searched for an answer to this question instead of flapping your gums when giving answers? Of course you have. All of you have. But you do what you do best and lie.

Women do experience depression, suicidal thoughts and other depressing things.

Tell me something. Are you so in love with abortion that you don't see any cons? Are you seriously entertaining the prospect of telling us that there are absolutely no downsides to abortion? Please tell us that there are NO DOWNSIDES to abortion because I AM JUST LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO MAKE FUN OF...

BECAUSE IT'S RIDICULOUS!

PERIOD!

I'm waiting.........

The 'upsides' and 'downsides' of abortion cannot be generalized. It is the pregnant woman who is best equipped to decide the upsides and downsides and every scenario is different. That's why it's called pro-choice.

Acceptance is concession. Enjoy your day :2wave:

I' m celebrating Easter today.
So although I'm not conceding I will enjoy my day. Thanks~

How about you? Don't you feel guilt when ever you give such a BS answer? No? Well you should.

Have you searched for an answer to this question instead of flapping your gums when giving answers? Of course you have. All of you have. But you do what you do best and lie.

Women do experience depression, suicidal thoughts and other depressing things.

Tell me something. Are you so in love with abortion that you don't see any cons? Are you seriously entertaining the prospect of telling us that there are absolutely no downsides to abortion? Please tell us that there are NO DOWNSIDES to abortion because I AM JUST LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO MAKE FUN OF...

BECAUSE IT'S RIDICULOUS!

PERIOD!

I'm waiting.........

Furthermore, for many people there are no (or at least negligible) downsides. I'm sure many prospective fathers feel there are no downsides to their sexual partners getting an abortion, yet we don't talk about them feeling guilty. Funny that, how we discuss the guilt and shame and depression women should feel for having an abortion. However we never discuss the guilt and shame and men should feel if their partner aborts - I mean, if they're complicit in the decision then they should feel the same guilt, and be equally shamed by people such as you, right? It's almost as if men are absolved of guilt from the start eh. It's just not our problem when we don't want it to be!

Fact of the matter is, it's simply a decision that for many people there is zero shame or guilt behind it, and that's absolutely fine.

Last edited:
Furthermore, for many people there are no (or at least negligible) downsides. I'm sure many prospective fathers feel there are no downsides to their sexual partners getting an abortion, yet we don't talk about them feeling guilty. Funny that, how we discuss the guilt and shame and depression women should feel for having an abortion. However we never discuss the guilt and shame and men should feel if their partner aborts - I mean, if they're complicit in the decision then they should feel the same guilt, and be equally shamed by people such as you, right? It's almost as if men are absolved of guilt from the start eh. It's just not our problem when we don't want it to be!

Fact of the matter is, it's simply a decision that for many people there is zero shame or guilt behind it, and that's absolutely fine.
I agree. To this day I feel no guilt for the abortions I wanted.

Should they not feel bad about killing their own unborn child? Should it really be deemed acceptable that they are perfectly ok with what they did?

It should be deemed none of your business what their personal philosophy is about an unwanted pregnancy. The bottom line is that philosophically you seem to perceive the products of conception at a very early stage as a person deserving of rights above that of the mother and the person having an abortion takes a different philosophical view.

Her body. Her philosophy. Her choice.

Not your body. Not your philosophy. Not your choice.

It should be deemed none of your business what their personal philosophy is about an unwanted pregnancy. The bottom line is that philosophically you seem to perceive the products of conception at a very early stage as a person deserving of rights above that of the mother and the person having an abortion takes a different philosophical view.

Her body. Her philosophy. Her choice.

Not your body. Not your philosophy. Not your choice.
Funny, it wasn't my body, but I made it my choice. Food for thought.

You have no choice over another individual's body. You may have input, but not the ability to choose for the individual involved.

You have no choice over another individual's body. You may have input, but not the ability to choose for the individual involved.
Legaly, your'e right, but reality is another thing. I was a very manipulative little **** and I had emotional power over her. I used that to get my way.

She even likes to bring that up now and again, how she didn't really want to abort. Later on in life she agreed that abortion "was probably the right thing to do", but she still resents my pushing her into it.

You can say it's not the man's choice if that makes you feel better, but it's not actually true.

It's an argument, not an opinion, one that's shared by 99.99% of pro-choice.

Prove it. *I* have never, ever said 'it's just a clump of cells' and I have not seen many pro choicers here say that either. Maybe a small minority, but certainly not all or even many.

Should they not feel bad about killing their own unborn child? Should it really be deemed acceptable that they are perfectly ok with what they did?

No, people should not be able to control their lives by excluding themselves from associations

Sure. Rights are essentially about control over your own life. Part of that is encompassed in the ability to exclude and include certain people and things in your life. If you didn't have the ability to exclude yourself from associations, contracts or sexual interactions for example then it would be impossible to be in control over your own life.

Prove it. *I* have never, ever said 'it's just a clump of cells' and I have not seen many pro choicers here say that either. Maybe a small minority, but certainly not all or even many.
I can't disprove your personal experience. Please make only rational requests.

When I had my wisdom teeth out it didn't occur to me that I should protest being shown a picture of those teeth before the procedure. I've also never felt the need to join a pro-wisdomteethremoval movement, blog about it, or get the t-shirt. It's just something I did and for my own reasons.

That all these people get bent over abortion proves that they know it's a child. They're trying to rationalize their behavior, and it isn't working.

DId you need to see the teeth to make your decision?

Efforts to treat women like 5 yr olds that need pictures, thinking they need to force their feelings on women they dont even know, or know the circumstances of (and wouldnt care if they did) are using the pictures to rationalize their behavior...and it isnt working.

Acceptance is concession. Enjoy your day :2wave:

No, it's not 'acceptance'. It can be a respectful observation that someone thinks or feels a certain way. Certainly not a concession to that opinion.

Otherwise, how does one even acknowlege it on the Internet? You cant see a nod or a shrug, lol.

Were the women unconscious? No? Then they allowed you to participate in their choice.

(If you were in the US that is, unless you used force or coercion.)

Back
Top Bottom