• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Question for Pro Choice (pro abortion rights) People.

No. Women are talked into by some of the cruelest progressives around not realizing that they are being played by the left. Then when it happens, it can't be undone but nobody from the left are long gone. The truth is that they run away from their own responsibility for having convinced her to do it.

Jesus.. :doh

It is the unwanted pregnancy that causes the stress and health problems in woman not abortions.

The data was from 44 worldwide studies taken between 1990 and 2011.

Abortion doesn't raise mental illness risk

From the APA Task Force on Mental Health and Abortion

On page 89 in The Summery and Conclusion section

http://www.apa.org/pi/women/programs/abortion/mental-health.pdf

WHAT?

I take back what I said about you. Women get depressed because of the pregnancy? My mother got depressed because she got pregnant five times? Women who seriously want a baby are crazy for putting themselves at risk for a baby?

This is yet just another example (and there are lots of these crazy examples) of progressive misinformation. I bring up this misinformation problem that you and others offer us here, and I keep getting backtalk making excuses, and criticizing me for being crazy, stupid, a moron, incompetent; all the things that you people are.

You disappoint me.

WHAT?

I take back what I said about you. Women get depressed because of the pregnancy? My mother got depressed because she got pregnant five times? Women who seriously want a baby are crazy for putting themselves at risk for a baby?

This is yet just another example (and there are lots of these crazy examples) of progressive misinformation. I bring up this misinformation problem that you and others offer us here, and I keep getting backtalk making excuses, and criticizing me for being crazy, stupid, a moron, incompetent; all the things that you people are.

You disappoint me.

Ah yes, ignore the study and keep posting your anecdotal experiences.

No. Women are talked into by some of the cruelest progressives around not realizing that they are being played by the left. Then when it happens, it can't be undone but nobody from the left are long gone. The truth is that they run away from their own responsibility for having convinced her to do it.

This obviously happens because women are too fragile, stupid, emotional, needy, hormonal to make the decisions for themselves. That is why they need men like you to decide for them, right? :roll:

How many times have you been pregnant and for reasons of rape, incest, horrific disability, age and other circumstances been forced to make a decision?

How about you? Don't you feel guilt when ever you give such a BS answer? No? Well you should.

Have you searched for an answer to this question instead of flapping your gums when giving answers? Of course you have. All of you have. But you do what you do best and lie.

Women do experience depression, suicidal thoughts and other depressing things.

Tell me something. Are you so in love with abortion that you don't see any cons? Are you seriously entertaining the prospect of telling us that there are absolutely no downsides to abortion? Please tell us that there are NO DOWNSIDES to abortion because I AM JUST LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO MAKE FUN OF...

BECAUSE IT'S RIDICULOUS!

PERIOD!

I'm waiting.........

Well, no, it's not a bs answer at all. The only con I see in abortion is that it is either a failure of prevention, or the misfortune of bad health on the part of the woman, or misdevelopment of the fetus.

Well, no, it's not a bs answer at all. The only con I see in abortion is that it is either a failure of prevention, or the misfortune of bad health on the part of the woman, or misdevelopment of the fetus.

Oh, come. I'm sure you can do better than that. That's not even directly related. Close, but no go.

What you're trying to say is that it is perfect. But we know better. So I ask, are there any cons to abortions?

Oh, come. I'm sure you can do better than that. That's not even directly related. Close, but no go.

What you're trying to say is that it is perfect. But we know better. So I ask, are there any cons to abortions?

I said what I said. Your inability to comprehend it i s not my concern

How about you? Don't you feel guilt when ever you give such a BS answer? No? Well you should.

Have you searched for an answer to this question instead of flapping your gums when giving answers? Of course you have. All of you have. But you do what you do best and lie.

Women do experience depression, suicidal thoughts and other depressing things.

Tell me something. Are you so in love with abortion that you don't see any cons? Are you seriously entertaining the prospect of telling us that there are absolutely no downsides to abortion? Please tell us that there are NO DOWNSIDES to abortion because I AM JUST LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO MAKE FUN OF...

BECAUSE IT'S RIDICULOUS!

PERIOD!

I'm waiting.........

Some women do feel regret.
Many do not. There have been hundreds of studies over the last few decades from all over the world.

The APA ( American Psychological Association ) task force looked at hundreds of those studies , published a 107 page report , and came to the conclusion that an abortion of an unwanted pregnancy caused no more mental risks than the childbirth of an unwanted pregnancy.

Last edited:
If you and women who have abortions truly DO NOT believe that abortion destroys a human life, then why do women who have one almost invariably feel guilt, depression, shame and remorse when they have one?

No one feels guilt or shame over an appendix being taken out. Why should they feel remorse from an abortion?

Why do you lecture pro lifers about "compassion" and not making women feel bad over an abortion if it isn't a human life:?

It makes no sense.​
When I had my wisdom teeth out it didn't occur to me that I should protest being shown a picture of those teeth before the procedure. I've also never felt the need to join a pro-wisdomteethremoval movement, blog about it, or get the t-shirt. It's just something I did and for my own reasons.

That all these people get bent over abortion proves that they know it's a child. They're trying to rationalize their behavior, and it isn't working.

Another WTF moment.

DO you not even realize that most pro-choicers would not chose abortion for themselves. The point about being pro-choice is that you examine your own personal philosophy and decide how that jives with an unwanted pregnancy. The whole point is that a woman has control over her body and her own personal philosophy. YOU do not.

Another WTF moment.

DO you not even realize that most pro-choicers would not chose abortion for themselves. The point about being pro-choice is that you examine your own personal philosophy and decide how that jives with an unwanted pregnancy. The whole point is that a woman has control over her body and her own personal philosophy. YOU do not.

LIKE (button broke)

It is the unwanted pregnancy that causes the stress and health problems in woman not abortions.

The data was from 44 worldwide studies taken between 1990 and 2011.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news...n-doesnt-raise-mental-illness-risk/51762674/1

From the APA Task Force on Mental Health and Abortion

On page 89 in The Summery and Conclusion section

WHAT?

You disappoint me.

You didn't even read the word unwanted did you?

Every time I was pregnant I was overjoyed and excited and looked forward to having a little one.
I wanted to have another addition to our family.
My dear hubby and I wanted to have 4 children and we were very blessed we were able to have 4 children.

Last edited:
Some women do feel regret.
Many do not. There have been hundreds of studies over the last few decades from all over the world.

The APA ( American Psychological Association ) task force looked at hundreds of those studies , published a 107 page report , and came to the conclusion that an abortion of an unwanted pregnancy caused no more mental risks than the childbirth of an unwanted pregnancy.

If it's just a clump of cells why would you ever feel regret? That's like being sad you cut your toenails.

Because people like you go out of your way to make[/]b them feel guilt, depression, shame, and remorse.

/thread

If it's just a clump of cells then it's no different than getting a haircut. I don't think anyone could make me feel guilty for cutting my hair. In fact I think if I ever could be made to feel guilty about a haircut, that means there's something wrong with me, not "society".

Yes, abortion ends a "human life."

Yes, I'm pro-choice.

What point are you trying to make?
It's just a clump of cells, remember? It's not a human life, it's like having an ovarian cyst removed. Why would anyone ever feel regret over having a cyst removed?

If you and women who have abortions truly DO NOT believe that abortion destroys a human life, then why do women who have one almost invariably feel guilt, depression, shame and remorse when they have one?

No one feels guilt or shame over an appendix being taken out. Why should they feel remorse from an abortion?

Why do you lecture pro lifers about "compassion" and not making women feel bad over an abortion if it isn't a human life:?

It makes no sense.​

Uh, they don't. The vast majority of women feel relief after an abortion. Pretty much every survey ever done of women who've had abortions has given the same result.

Despite numerous studies on the issue, no study has ever found a link between abortion and mental illness, or even significant mental distress.

American women are slightly more likely to have some distress, but this is because American women are also more likely to be coerced, abused, or under-treated for underlying medical issues. They have the same problems whether they abort or have a child.

So in other words, I can't answer your question, because the premise is a lie.

And if you would like to reduce stress to women who have abortions in America, you could start by condemning the anti-choice who abuse them.

It makes no sense.​

I have known plenty of women who had abortions and none had anything like you describe. While it certainly not pleasant, most women know that it is often the most responsible thing to do when you are not ready or able to care for a child. None felt that what they did was killing a child, just preventing one from happening. I agree fully with that and also their right to control their own bodies.

It's just a clump of cells, remember? It's not a human life, it's like having an ovarian cyst removed. Why would anyone ever feel regret over having a cyst removed?

Are you trying to convince yourself ?

I've never felt remorse or guilt for the 2 abortions I supported so I don't know what you think I would need convincing of.

Yes, abortion ends a "human life."

Yes, I'm pro-choice.

What point are you trying to make?

I've never felt remorse or guilt for the 2 abortions I supported so I don't know what you think I would need convincing of.

Ok if you believe an unborn is not human than that is your opinion.

Last edited:
Because people like you go out of your way to make[/]b them feel guilt, depression, shame, and remorse.

/thread

Should they not feel bad about killing their own unborn child? Should it really be deemed acceptable that they are perfectly ok with what they did?

Should they not feel bad about killing their own unborn child? Should it really be deemed acceptable that they are perfectly ok with what they did?

I don't think there's a black-and-white answer here. Ultimately each woman is best positioned to judge her own circumstances. I certainly don't think an "outsider" is well-equipped to do so.

I'll tell you who plays the cruelest of games... You folks on the religious right that tell women they shouldn't dispose of their inconvenience because, "it's human, it has a right to life and future," who then say as soon as it's born, "it's not MY problem, she shouldn't be having babies she can't afford."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom