• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Putin threatens with nuclear weapons

A defeat or prolonged war is not in his world of performance so the question is, if the Ukraine withstand the assault, will he then also use nuclear weapons to make a quick completion of the invasion and will the Russian military let him do so or will he be removed from within?
Use of nukes against a non-nuclear country would have one of two results.

Either the entire world would slam Russia with massive sanctions (and military aid to Ukraine would see a huge increase), or the NPT would dissolve and countries all around the world would develop nuclear weapons.

I think it would be the former.

the land will be unlivable and unusable for decades.
Presumably it would be an airburst so fallout would be less of a problem.

How cowardly are you Americans ?
There will be no nukes from Moscow .
Putin is a very smart man aided by a bunch of even smarter AI computers .

The only Nuke danger comes from a bunch of Neocon maniacs headed by a senile old fool who wets his pants literally in front of people .

All brought on by the US as usual.
The US is not responsible for Russian aggression.

This could have easily been avoided if Biden Admin/NATO had simply acknowledged Russia’s legitimate security concerns regarding Ukraine’s becoming a member of NATO, which would mean US/NATO forces right on Russia’s border--- Tulse Gabbard . A smart woman .
Like giving Czechoslovakia to Germany prevented the onset of WWII??

Russia's security concerns are not even remotely legitimate.

This is the first time in my life that I have heard anyone, leader or civilian, talking about nukes as if they were an actual option. Just acknowledging that horror is a bridge too far.
Actually the Obama Administration developed a new model of tactical nuke that has such high accuracy that they can score direct hits on Russian troops and be able to take them out with low yields for minimal collateral damage.

They are the first "usable nukes" that will be truly usable:

The first of the new bombs came off the assembly line a few months ago:

OP is hysterical nonsense .

This could have easily been avoided if Biden Admin/NATO had simply acknowledged Russia’s legitimate security concerns regarding Ukraine’s becoming a member of NATO, which would mean US/NATO forces right on Russia’s border--- Tulse Gabbard . A smart woman .

Brought on by the US?

How many other countries are in NATO?

Brought on by the US?

How many other countries are in NATO?
This club for big girls cannot support any country that is not a school member .

And they want gas later .

Another US botched situation .

'Mummy ,mummy the big man hit me on the chin . I only upset him 58 times .'

Actually the Obama Administration developed a new model of tactical nuke that has such high accuracy that they can score direct hits on Russian troops and be able to take them out with low yields for minimal collateral damage.

Didn't know, thanks for the information.

This club for big girls cannot support any country that is not a school member .

How did the USA botch a Russia/Euro problem? :ROFLMAO:

Super.
I was amazed earlier today to learn that we and Russia have been making nuclear tactical weapons since back in the cold war. Both countries got rid of most of them during disarmament arrangements. None have ever been used in war. Given the current madness taking over the world, who knows. Hope someone doesn't steal the instructions.

Until just a day ago you where making fun of the idea that Putin would invade the Ukraine, calling everyone paranoid.

You are not the best in analyzing information now are you?

$ 1USD=84.42 Roubles

In his speech ahead of his attack on Ukraine tonight, Putin threatened the Western world with the devastating consequences if we interfere. It can only be interpreted in one way. He is ready to use nuclear weapons (“consequences we have never seen”...)

The thing is that as long as the Ukraine manages to withhold it’s ground these initial weeks, the country has a great chance of resisting the Russian attack. The population is motivated and prepared for resistance, the size of the army is as large as the Russian attack force and the West will continue to supply Ukraine with ammunition and weapons.

A defeat or prolonged war is not in his world of performance so the question is, if the Ukraine withstand the assault, will he then also use nuclear weapons to make a quick completion of the invasion and will the Russian military let him do so or will he be removed from within?
I wish I shared your optimism. My guess is that Ukraine will be defeated - in weeks not months. And then the issue will be whether Putin will move on to attack a NATO member. I fear he may be mad and bad enough to do so.

this morning yes, tonight 1USD will be worth 150 roubles and tomorrow 200...
Going south as we communicate.

I hope they're right, too, for everyone's sake.

This is the first time in my life that I have heard anyone, leader or civilian, talking about nukes as if they were an actual option. Just acknowledging that horror is a bridge too far.
There is only one person threatening the use of nuclear weapons and that is Putin.

I wish I shared your optimism. My guess is that Ukraine will be defeated - in weeks not months. And then the issue will be whether Putin will move on to attack a NATO member. I fear he may be mad and bad enough to do so.
If you are correct, then you and I should be very afraid. After the Ukraine, Gotland is the target.

Putin has made it pretty clear he feels Ukaine is part of Russia.

If you are correct, then you and I should be very afraid. After the Ukraine, Gotland is the target.
OK. Except neither we nor Finland are members of NATO.

Exactly why we are a target and to apply for membership now would make us even more of a target since that would give Putin the excuse that NATO is threatening Russia by moving closer.

But still; Gotland already is a target for him so maybe it doesn’t matter what we do or don’t do.

I do however disagree with the Conservatives and the news reporters on mainly SVT and TV4 that we should send defensive weapons to the Ukraine. We might very well be needing them for ourselves soon (That is if you are correct, and it will be a swift takeover.) What talks in the favor of you being correct is that it seems that Russia has been able to neutralize several military bases last night. But nothing is confirmed so far so I am holding on my hope on the Ukraines.

In his speech ahead of his attack on Ukraine tonight, Putin threatened the Western world with the devastating consequences if we interfere. It can only be interpreted in one way. He is ready to use nuclear weapons (“consequences we have never seen”...)

The thing is that as long as the Ukraine manages to withhold it’s ground these initial weeks, the country has a great chance of resisting the Russian attack. The population is motivated and prepared for resistance, the size of the army is as large as the Russian attack force and the West will continue to supply Ukraine with ammunition and weapons.

Once the Russians get air superiority, which they are expected to do in fairly short order, it’s over. I can’t imagine that’s gonna take more than a week or two.

If Russia attacks NATO they'll need bases in the Baltic and won't care about our neutrality.

She's naive.

Putin sees Biden/NATO as weak right now. That's the truth of it.

What I'm curious about isn't only what's happening with Russia. I'm wondering about China and North Korea.
Kinda makes me think of WW2 - Germany and Japan.

Last edited:
If Russia attacks NATO they'll need bases in the Baltic and won't care about our neutrality.
Sure. But an attack on Gotland or other places in Finland - or Sweden - would not trigger an armed response from NATO members. It is this danger of an all out war with Russia that worries me most.

Like giving Czechoslovakia to Germany prevented the onset of WWII??
The new "Germany" is the US! The world made the mistake to not slap it super-hard when it started wars like the Vietnam war. Now it's +700 foreign bases later, killing lots of innocent people in all kind of wars and military conflicts, toppling governments it doesn't like. Russia is just defending itself from America encroachment.

Back
Top Bottom