• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Putin’s critics call for boycotts of Russian vodka.

We are not the only ones buying Russian oil and gas... When you have adults in charge, they tend to consider the GLOBAL implications of these types of sanctions. There are plenty of countries who rely on Russian oil and gas to such a degree that stopping this oil and gas from flowing to them would have serious economic impacts on these countries.

Yep, so pretending to put ‘serious’ sanctions in place will have to do (for a decade or so) until ‘going green’ becomes practical.

Yep, so pretending to put ‘serious’ sanctions in place will have to do (for a decade or so) until ‘going green’ becomes practical.

LOL... Why the hell is there a run on ATM's in Russia if these sanctions aren't serious? Are you afraid that Biden is actually going to succeed in dealing with this crisis?

Are you afraid that Biden is actually going to succeed in dealing with this crisis?
Biden just reads the teleprompter.

This strikes me as entirely silly.

Russia already made their money off any vodka currently sitting on store shelves. These are nothing more than navel gazing attempts to “feel good”
I agree. If one already has it, drink it but don't buy any more.

Biden is kicking Putin's ass and STILL on vacation...
Biden is being told to take a vacation and to just stop talking.

Biden is being told to take a vacation and to just stop talking.

It's just burning your buns that Biden is handling this like an adult, isn't it? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

<------I must want to be flamed so ...

...we're admitting BDS is a legtimate response?

Russia already made their money off any vodka currently sitting on store shelves. These are nothing more than navel gazing attempts to “feel good”
And the liquor store is the one that takes the hit.

^^^^^^
Some people really don't get it, as we can see here.

Sometimes a gesture means a lot. When President Zelensky first declined the offer of forming a government in exile like Charles de Gaulle, I had no idea that it would be so meaningful that it would inspire all the men in Ukraine to stand and face the Russian Army. Throwing out Russian vodka is more than just throwing away some alcohol that could have been used in cocktails
or that someone already paid for. (The women who burned their bras in the 1970's had paid for those bras, too.)

If the symbolism is not meaningful to you, then it's not.

It makes sense for a retailer not to buy any more booze from Russia, but current inventory has already been purchased so hiding or dumping it does little good.
Not to mention only about 1.5% of all the vodka imported into the US is Russian made.

Not here. All of our liquor is owned by the state.

I'm proud of Governor Sununu for taking his stance.
So the liquor store in your state does't even have private ownership? Fascinating!

So the liquor store in your state does't even have private ownership? Fascinating!

Nope. All liquor is sold at the state stores. Beer and wine are sold in supermarkets and other private enterprises, but hard liquor is only in the state stores, and we have a lot of them.

Our liquor costs are also much lower than any other state surrounding us. If you go into any of the stores near the borders, 3/4 of the cars bear the license plates of those other states.

Back
Top Bottom