• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Protests Demanding End to Trump's 'Fascist Coup' to Take Place Nationwide

trixare4kids

Trix has reentered the building.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Protests Demanding End to Trump's 'Fascist Coup' to Take Place Nationwide (newsweek.com)

A protest group is set to hold rallies across the country demanding an end to the "fascist coup" following the attack on the U.S. Capitol by Donald Trump supporters.

The RefuseFacism group has already been holding rallies against the Trump administration "every day until Biden's election is certified."

Now, in the wake of the violent riot involving far-right extremists and conspiracy theorists that erupted on Wednesday, the group is promoting rallies in cities such as Atlanta, New York, Houston and Los Angeles as a "time to stand up" against the "fascist coup."

Promoting one of the protests, Refuse Fascism tweeted: "In #Chicago meet at Wacker & Wabash 5pm Thursday. The leader of the #coup just goes back to the presidential mansion? Oh hell no."
In a statement to Newsweek, the group added: "This was an attempt at a coup. It will not likely succeed this time, but the danger from even a failed coup is to be taken seriously, setting the stage for them to come back sooner or later to re-seize power—with or without Trump

I have no problem with nationwide peaceful protests, but my worries are that these scheduled rallies will be met by Trump loyalists. Can these protests remain peaceful considering that the above organizers have already admitted the above? How exactly do they plan to stand up against what they perceive is a "fascist coup"?
Thoughts on the above?

Protests Demanding End to Trump's 'Fascist Coup' to Take Place Nationwide (newsweek.com)

I have no problem with nationwide peaceful protests, but my worries are that these scheduled rallies will be met by Trump loyalists. Can these protests remain peaceful considering that the above organizers have already admitted the above? How exactly do they plan to stand up against what they perceive is a "fascist coup"?
Thoughts on the above?
Mockery should do it.

They're losing even their tacit support.

I've been kinda hoping it goes this way.

They let trump lead them too far astray. Now they are being disavowed.

The republican party got shattered yesterday. And the incursion gave frightened republicans cover to turn their backs on the trumpies.

But the trumpies will split off.

So both factions just rendered themselves powerless for the foreseeable future. Because neither group has power without the other.

It didn't take much violence to precipitate this schism, and any other incidents will only widen the divide.

"Trump loyalists", says Lead Trumpist trix, as if she is describing some group she has no association with.

Bad try, no cigar.

Notice the blinding partisanship: Trumpists might show up to start trouble, but if anyone responds that means they are to blame. Because they said they want to stand up to Trumpists' attempts to stage a coup.

Not even worth a facepalm gif...

Last edited:
"Trump loyalists", says Lead Trumpist trix, as if she is describing some group she has no association with.

Bad try, no cigar.
oh cmon, shes being totally honest cuz shes not on the train any more.

And shes being totally consistent, first saying "loyalists" will be confrontational....and in the same breath implying the "organizers" will act in some way because of what they "admitted".

Vagueries are her stock and trade.

oh cmon, shes being totally honest cuz shes not on the train any more.

And shes being totally consistent, first saying "loyalists" will be confrontational....and in the same breath implying the "organizers" will act in some way because of what they "admitted".

Vagueries are her stock and trade.

And did you catch that even though it's Trumpists that will show up to start trouble in this hypothetical, the worry is supposed to be about how the people they show up to start trouble with will respond because, the bastards, they said they want to stand up to a fascist coup. Clearly they must be the problem here.

Not the seditionists and traitors.

Thoughts on the above?

I think things have gone way too far to impact the outcome one way or the other. It will be what it will be - time to reap that which has been sown.

My sincerest hopes for a swift as possible end to the conflict. You'll be lucky to make it out of this in one piece.

I just hope we can avoid more violence and move forward. This has all become so hard to predict. It used to be that a beaten President tried to move the country forward by accepting it and supporting them on the way in. Protests used to be non violent. This hit insanity some time ago.

I think things have gone way too far to impact the outcome one way or the other. It will be what it will be - time to reap that which has been sown.

My sincerest hopes for a swift as possible end to the conflict. You'll be lucky to make it out of this in one piece.
At this point McConnell grenaded the Party. It will split, gelding both factions for who knows how long.

And yesterday's nonsense gives the "regular" republicans cover to disavow the trumpies.

If they take advantage of it the trump faction may get relegated to the kid's table forever.

They'll kick and buck, but I bet there's video from yesterday showing trump folks walking away and surreptitiously ditching their trump paraphernalia, putting their hands in their pockets and walking away like they were just out for a walk.

Thoughts on the above?

Our capital was just attacked, so naturally the folks demanding that not happen are problematic.

I just hope we can avoid more violence and move forward. This has all become so hard to predict. It used to be that a beaten President tried to move the country forward by accepting it and supporting them on the way in. Protests used to be non violent. This hit insanity some time ago.

Exactly.
Trump has the obligation to address the nation, and concede proto. I fear if he doesn't, these numerous protests will escalate into even more violent displays of rebellion.

Exactly.
Trump has the obligation to address the nation, and concede proto. I fear if he doesn't, these numerous protests will escalate into even more violent displays of rebellion.
He had that obligation from the first day he lost. Even his BS concession last night was bad.

Last edited:
Exactly.

You think he should concede? We must be making progress

Thoughts on the above?

Thoughts on the above?

I am such an insensitive dick. Lord please help me.

Reading this, naturally, my first thoughts went to how the Trump cultists would surely crash that protest and blood would flow. Those guys are truly dangerous to anyone who does not give credibility to their fantasy-bubble world. These insurgents are a few bricks shy of a load, as we have all witnessed just reading them here, at Debate Politics. (Not to mention what we just saw on TV after the Trump hate rally.)

My first thought, (which SHOULD have been raw repudiation to these dangerous protest ideas, that could be totally avoided,) was, "Research stock prices on glass manufacturing.". "Look into Urgent Care type medical opportunities in Atlanta, Houston, New York and Los Angeles."

Are there any other stock opportunities, for civil upheaval and destruction, you guys can think of?

Asking for a friend.

A guy gets his ass kicked in an election. He cries and says he didn't get his ass kicked. He tries to stay in power and inflames his followers.

People should be protesting across the nation at this attempted usurping of democracy.

A guy gets his ass kicked in an election. He cries and says he didn't get his ass kicked. He tries to stay in power and inflames his followers.

People should be protesting across the nation at this attempted usurping of democracy.

He didn't lose, he 'won by a landslide' ... Didn't you see the video?

I have to admit, I was totally disgusted. I'm no hater, but that was over the top to me. That video was saying 'i agree with everything you are doing but be more subtle'

Pressuring a SOS? Only one we know about. Inviting violence? Talking about a fake inauguration?

It's just gone way too far.

You think he should concede? We must be making progress

I've been saying he should concede since the election. Obviously, you missed those threads of mine...

However, let me take it a step further. He should not only concede, he should resign.

i can't take credit for this but it's in response to someone saying that yesterday (the Rs not trying to void the election) was gonna make the crazy Trump supporters even more determined. i thought it would fit nicely in this thread about Americans fighting fascism...

" After the freak outs over 2 weeks of not being able to get cappuccinos and what Meal Team Six looked like in street action, I’m starting to think all these years tough talk about surviving deprivation and being the superior fighters might be nonsense "

These "protests" should have been handled months ago.

Back
Top Bottom