• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Protesters at ICE facility in Aurora pull down American flag and raise Mexican flag

Time for a crack down. No more immigration until we figure out what the hell is going on.

What's going on has been in plain view for very many years now. We Americans have simply refused to believe it.

A May 2006 Zogby poll reported that 58 percent of Mexicans believe that the southwestern US belongs to Mexico.

Reconquista (Mexico) - Wikipedia

In 1981, Zogby ran unsuccessfully for Mayor of Utica, New York. He is a Democrat.

John Zogby - Wikipedia

Shouldn't eliminating immigration from parts of the world that don't recognize our right to exist be a national security issue?

It means they were not directly involved but it does not indicate they were not all part of the same group. You guys eviscerated for trying to distinguish a difference in protestors in Charlottesville so why is it ok now. The article does not provide any evidence that the entire protest was not organized by a single group.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It's improbable that so many people would agree to break a law. If they're all responsible for replacing the flag, the jails would be overcrowded.

I did not see that in the article? Did i miss that part?

I'm talking about the people who fought back against Antifa.

It should be noted that it's the protesters, not the detainees that did this. In many cases it would work out better for us if we kept the detainees and deported the protesters. At any rate, doing things that way would likely allow us to keep the people that most appreciate the principles on which America was founded.

Thousands of honorable, loving, kind, caring and diligent men and women officers employed by Homeland Security at US borders have been slandered by a proud commie upstart from New York, calling them concentration camp guards and other untrue disrespectful names. The dummass from New York is getting far more attention than she should, no doubt because she is constantly making a jackass out of herself.

It's improbable that so many people would agree to break a law. If they're all responsible for replacing the flag, the jails would be overcrowded.
You mean like the detention centers on the border, where thousands have agreed to break our laws? No way, that's just too "improbable."

Thousands of honorable, loving, kind, caring and diligent men and women officers employed by Homeland Security at US borders have been slandered by a proud commie upstart from New York, calling them concentration camp guards and other untrue disrespectful names. The dummass from New York is getting far more attention than she should, no doubt because she is constantly making a jackass out of herself.
She's a Puerto Rican. Her people are Puerto Ricans; Hispanics more generally. She's not interested in representing Americans.

You mean like the detention centers on the border, where thousands have agreed to break our laws? No way, that's just too "improbable."

Yeah I am pretty sure they all met in private and discussed the plan. :lamo

But it is probable that multiple groups decided to stage a protest at the same time and in the same place?

I'm talking about the people who fought back against Antifa.
Ah ok i knew i was missing something.
I want to know if the people who are responsible for taking down the flag have been arrested along with the organizers of the protest.
While i agree with your op i find it difficult to get bothered by it when the gov mskes it abundantly clear that they dont have the stomach to arrest these people. How bad do things need to get before law enforcement does their jobs.

Mark my words that ice isnt going to do anything of any substance tomorrow either. Its all lip service.

I don't care about the "rights" of people who love Mexico more than the country that has accepted millions of Mexicans.

You obviously subscribe to the Trump Central Park Five School of Constitutional Interpretation. You know, the one that advocates that police not be so gentle with suspects, loves waterboarding, and demands execution prior to trial for innocent youth.

But it is probable that multiple groups decided to stage a protest at the same time and in the same place?

We're talking about replacing the flag. Did everyone plan on that or expect that?

Ah ok i knew i was missing something.
I want to know if the people who are responsible for taking down the flag have been arrested along with the organizers of the protest.
While i agree with your op i find it difficult to get bothered by it when the gov mskes it abundantly clear that they dont have the stomach to arrest these people. How bad do things need to get before law enforcement does their jobs.

Mark my words that ice isnt going to do anything of any substance tomorrow either. Its all lip service.

Our government is filled with traitors at multiple levels.

You obviously subscribe to the Trump Central Park Five School of Constitutional Interpretation. You know, the one that advocates that police not be so gentle with suspects, loves waterboarding, and demands execution prior to trial for innocent youth.
These people aren't innocent.

Time for a crack down. No more immigration until we figure out what the hell is going on.
What's going on is that we're hurting people in hopes it scares away more from coming across the southern border.
That isn't working.

As for the flag thing - stupid thing, and why the MEXICAN flag? Probably not even half of these detainees are even from Mexico itself, they just came through it as it's the only land route from South America to here.

I'm not sure if what they did is illegal though.

Last edited:
She's a Puerto Rican. Her people are Puerto Ricans; Hispanics more generally. She's not interested in representing Americans.

You must have missed the Spanish American War and the terms of the treaty that followed. Apparently Puerto Ricans are US citizens, aka Americans. They have even gotten some medals for military service. You can look it up. But it seems Trump in return is not interested in representing non-whites, though he will toss them some paper towels from time to time.

What's going on is that we're hurting people in hopes it scares away more from coming across the southern border.
That isn't working.

As for the flag thing - stupid thing, and why the MEXICAN flag? Probably not even half of these detainees are even from Mexico itself, they just came through it as it's the only land route from South America to here.

I'm not sure if what they did is illegal though.
What would work is not letting them in in the first place.

And yes, stealing property from a government building is obviously illegal.

You must have missed the Spanish American War and the terms of the treaty that followed. Apparently Puerto Ricans are US citizens, aka Americans. They have even gotten some medals for military service. You can look it up. But it seems Trump in return is not interested in representing non-whites, though he will toss them some paper towels from time to time.
Are you going to tell me with a straight face that AOC represents whites?

What would work is not letting them in in the first place.

And yes, stealing property from a government building is obviously illegal.
Depending on the case, I think most of those detained either entered illegally or were seeking asylum.

In the former case the option to not let them in was never on the table, and in the latter case we have a legal obligation to hear their cases and let them in or send them away (or so I understand).

Depending on the case, I think most of those detained either entered illegally or were seeking asylum.

In the former case the option to not let them in was never on the table, and in the latter case we have a legal obligation to hear their cases and let them in or send them away (or so I understand).
If you want asylum then go to a legal port of entry. Don't break our laws.

Are you going to tell me with a straight face that AOC represents whites?

Why not? I assume some are in her district, which is only half Hispanic, and many whites probably voted for her. She obviously has some concern for non-Puerto Ricans giving her comments on the border, her environmental advocacy, etc. She even expressed concern for the treatment of Paul Manafort, who reportedly is not Puerto Rican.

If you want asylum then go to a legal port of entry. Don't break our laws.
Yeah I've heard that before, and it's reasonable up to a point - but if we're not providing enough processing to allow entry by the legal port at a reasonable speed, it's going to result in some people seeking other options, legal or not.

Back
Top Bottom