• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Protesters at ICE facility in Aurora pull down American flag and raise Mexican flag

phattonez

Catholic
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
The Denver Post said:
Protesters upset with the federal immigration roundups that may occur this weekend in Denver gathered Friday night at the ICE facility in Aurora.
The majority of protesters on site were doing so in a peaceful manner. Another group stormed the barriers near the building and pulled down an American flag off the flagpole in front of the facility and replaced it with a Mexican flag.

WATCH: Protesters at ICE facility in Aurora pull down American flag and raise Mexican flag

I'm way past caring about the rights of these ingrates. Get the catapult and launch them into the country they love so much.
40cd91a1274acbb17ea027cf4f5d48c5.jpg

WATCH: Protesters at ICE facility in Aurora pull down American flag and raise Mexican flag

I'm way past caring about the rights of these ingrates. Get the catapult and launch them into the country they love so much.

It should be noted that it's the protesters, not the detainees that did this. In many cases it would work out better for us if we kept the detainees and deported the protesters. At any rate, doing things that way would likely allow us to keep the people that most appreciate the principles on which America was founded.

It should be noted that it's the protesters, not the detainees that did this. In many cases it would work out better for us if we kept the detainees and deported the protesters. At any rate, doing things that way would likely allow us to keep the people that most appreciate the principles on which America was founded.
Why not deport both?

Why not deport both?

Well, theoretically, the ones in detention are already in that process or at least are in the immigration system. Whether they started the process legally or not they are now in the legal system.

Uh... because the protesters are ostensibly American citizens who have a right to protest?
I don't care about the "rights" of people who love Mexico more than the country that has accepted millions of Mexicans.

Shows where the allegiance of the protesters lie.

Uh... because the protesters are ostensibly American citizens who have a right to protest?
What makes you believe they are ostenibly american citizens?

They illegally took down the american flag on a gov building and then put up a foreign nations national flag in its place. Citizen or not that is a crime.

The nature of that crime would presumably be from citizens of a nation other than our own.

There is a lot to unwrap in this but why you assume these people sre most likely american citizens is as good a place to start as any.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I suppose you’ll be joining them then.

We should make some distinction here. The peaceful protesters absolutely have a right to protest.

The vandals who tampered with the flagpoles and stole/damaged flags didn't have a right to do these actions, and should be arrested.

As i said in my previous post there is a lot to unwrap.

1. Why does the author presume it was two different groups there and one was peaceful? They offer no evidence of that in the article.
2. Also were any of them arrested and if not, why not?
3. These groups need to hire a publicist because if they think the way they are going about protesting this is gaining them public support they are sadly mistaken.
4. The article does not say how many people it was, 10, 100, 1,000, 10,000 people. You would think they would mention that unless of course it was a very small number and it does promote the narrative they are trying to sell.

Last edited:
We ****ing know. You never did. That's the problem.
We have millions of people coming here who hate this country, and I'm the problem? Sure, bud.

I don't care about the "rights" of people who love Mexico more than the country that has accepted millions of Mexicans.

Good to know that you don't care about the Constitution or civil rights.

What makes you believe they are ostenibly american citizens?

They illegally took down the american flag on a gov building and then put up a foreign nations national flag in its place. Citizen or not that is a crime.

The nature of that crime would presumably be from citizens of a nation other than our own.

There is a lot to unwrap in this but why you assume these people sre most likely american citizens is as good a place to start as any.

To me it doesn't matter if they are citizens or not, America holds the freedom to protest as pretty sacrosanct. I don't want to split hairs over who is a citizen and who isn't. If we follow treacherous language to its natural conclusion, then it would require the police to violate the human rights of every protester in order to find out who is American and who isn't. Under the 4th Amendment it makes more sense to just let the protest proceed.

I agree, crime should be punished. There are still rules even during protests.

Another lib coming to support the right of criminals.

Another partisan hack who doesn't know what he's talking about.

We should make some distinction here. The peaceful protesters absolutely have a right to protest.

The vandals who tampered with the flagpoles and stole/damaged flags didn't have a right to do these actions, and should be arrested.

I agree... suspects violating the law should be detained for due process. Protesters can't do whatever they want.

I was mostly commenting on the general sentiment that pro-Mexican people protesting in the U.S. should be sent back to Mexico. We don't need anymore witch hunts against alleged traitors just because of partisan differences in opinion. As someone above said, there's a lot to unpack here. Mexican-Americans feel solidarity through their nation of origin, and the issues they're protesting (they feel) specifically affect the Hispanic community. Not to mention this is an international affair affecting both the U.S. and Mexico.

A little compassion and understanding can help shed a lot of light on where people are coming from. It doesn't mean I support criminal behavior or I'm anti-American.

The people that most appreciate being here are the law abiding people who have been waiting patiently for decades from all around the world to come to our country. They are the people that will make this country great. Not all these lying lawless ingrates trying to jump to the front of the line and circumvent our immigration system by claiming asylum.

The people that most appreciate being here are the law abiding people who have been waiting patiently for decades from all around the world to come to our country. They are the people that will make this country great. Not all these lying lawless ingrates trying to jump to the front of the line and circumvent our immigration system by claiming asylum.

Right. And between the people who broke the law to get here and the ones who are protesting the existence of those laws I figure we're better off getting rid of the protesters. The criminals know that they're criminals. The protesters think they're doing the rest of us a favor.

Oh yeah let's blame the detainees for what those "protesters" did. :roll:

As i said in my previous post there is a lot to unwrap.

1. Why does the author presume it was two different groups there and one was peaceful? They offer no evidence of that in the article.
2. Also were any of them arrested and if not, why not?
3. These groups need to hire a publicist because if they think the way they are going about protesting this is gaining them public support they are sadly mistaken.
4. The article does not say how many people it was, 10, 100, 1,000, 10,000 people. You would think they would mention that unless of course it was a very small number and it does promote the narrative they are trying to sell.

If you would actually read, most of the protesters were still on the street.

Yeah, those people held in detention center should be grateful to be kept in cages so crowded that 384 men can't lay down at the same time. They should thank our good graces to deny them mats, pillows, soap, tooth brushes or showers for 40 days or longer.

The OP's solution -- catapulting human beings looking for asylum, is what the Nazis would have done. It's the kind of act that those who did such things were convicted at Nuremberg and executed for war crimes.

Yeah, those people held in detention center should be grateful to be kept in cages so crowded that 384 men can't lay down at the same time. They should thank our good graces to deny them mats, pillows, soap, tooth brushes or showers for 40 days or longer.

The OP's solution -- catapulting human beings looking for asylum, is what the Nazis would have done. It's the kind of act that those who did such things were convicted at Nuremberg and executed for war crimes.
They can also go back home if they don't like it.

Good to know that you don't care about the Constitution or civil rights.

To me it doesn't matter if they are citizens or not, America holds the freedom to protest as pretty sacrosanct. I don't want to split hairs over who is a citizen and who isn't. If we follow treacherous language to its natural conclusion, then it would require the police to violate the human rights of every protester in order to find out who is American and who isn't. Under the 4th Amendment it makes more sense to just let the protest proceed.

I agree, crime should be punished. There are still rules even during protests.

Another partisan hack who doesn't know what he's talking about.

I agree... suspects violating the law should be detained for due process. Protesters can't do whatever they want.

I was mostly commenting on the general sentiment that pro-Mexican people protesting in the U.S. should be sent back to Mexico. We don't need anymore witch hunts against alleged traitors just because of partisan differences in opinion. As someone above said, there's a lot to unpack here. Mexican-Americans feel solidarity through their nation of origin, and the issues they're protesting (they feel) specifically affect the Hispanic community. Not to mention this is an international affair affecting both the U.S. and Mexico.

A little compassion and understanding can help shed a lot of light on where people are coming from. It doesn't mean I support criminal behavior or I'm anti-American.

A person can protest that it is criminal to gang rape and murder children. The right to protest does not equate to any necessity to respect the protesters. The topic is not the right to protest. It is specifically 1.) forcibly removing a flag to fly a Mexican flag instead, 2.) vandalizing a flag representing murdered police officers and 3.) expressing contempt of both the sovereignty of the United States and essentially cheering the murdering of police officers.

What I found most disgusting is parents bring their children along.

If they were told to leave the property they all were guilty of criminal trespass and all should have been arrested.

Back
Top Bottom