• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Prosecuting tribesmen on North Sentinel Island?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because that's wrong. Pretty sure that would be chemical warfare, arbitrary internement and, technically, genocide. Just because they're isolated, doesn't mean they're not people.

That ship sailed along time ago. Where do you the slaves came from? What about the Indians?

Leftist heathens showing their asses on this thread.

Killing Christians who deserved to die.

The Christian had free will and knew the dangers, did he not?

His own written words prove this.

I don't think they have boats as far as anyone is aware. Anthropologists believe they haven't even discovered how to make fire, although they can't be absolutely sure. We are talking truly stone age people.

And they've seen plenty of boats so if they were inclined, they could build them.

I have no problem with the laws leaving them alone, no problem with them living the life choose. I have no problem saying that the kid who died on that island probably died by his own stupidity.
But when has it ever been ok to not investigate deaths, murders, self defense or other wise?

What needs investigating here? What else do you need to know?

I think a criminal investigation is always warranted when someone dies at the hands of another. I do agree that these people should also not be prosecuted, they don't live by others laws but their own. Im am curious how an investigation would take place. Would someone be sent to the island with a translator to ask them questions, would he be wrapped in bubble wrap to try and protect their immune systems, would he also be killed by the tribes men?

Exactly, a useless investigation would cause more contact and more possibility of cultural damage and introducing disease.

The tribe had every right to kill him. Why investigate? What's the good of a criminal investigation when the only (possible) criminal is dead?

The dishonesty in your comparison is self-evident. One situation is where a foreign government deliberately assassinated an influential member of the press, and then tried to cover it up after. The other situation is where an idiot, repeatedly and foolishly trespassed onto Sentinel Island inhabited by primitive people known to be hostile to outsiders. To even try to compare the two, is just dishonest. There’s no “hypocrisy” here.

One was an American citizen, the other was a American hater, was that dishonest too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly, a useless investigation would cause more contact and more possibility of cultural damage and introducing disease.

The tribe had every right to kill him. Why investigate? What's the good of a criminal investigation when the only (possible) criminal is dead?

You have every right to kill someone if they break into your home and try and rape you, the criminal is dead in that situation too. Do you think the police are just going to ignore you and not ask you any questions?

You have every right to kill someone if they break into your home and try and rape you, the criminal is dead in that situation too. Do you think the police are just going to ignore you and not ask you any questions?

That island is not the US. If 'their' 'officials' want it investigated, there's nothing stopping those islanders from doing so.

Otherwise no one else has jurisdiction.

If an illegal Bulgarian broke into your house and you killed him...would you allow the Bulgarian govt to investigate? What if Bulgarian laws are different than ours? Then what? And if it was determined legal here and the Bulgarians didnt like it...then what? Then nothing, it's legal here.

What's the point? If there was no wrong-doing...and according to those island residents there wasnt...why should their lives be subjected to interference and even exposure to disease?

What’s dishonest? Was one American and one wasn’t, are liberal Americans pushing Trump to do (something about the none American. And not a peep about the American citizen.
I am being facetious here but it is another example of hypocrisy from liberals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the tribesmen ordered the American to their embassy like the Saudis ordered the "none" American to theirs, you might have a point. But, since they didn't, you don't.

The Christian had free will and knew the dangers, did he not?

His own written words prove this.

Does that somehow make it OK to say he deserved to die? Think not.

Wouldn't think you would jump on the "deserved to die" bandwagon.

I bet if he was a Muslim you'd go along with the deserved to die crowd too...

Wouldn't think you would jump on the "deserved to die" bandwagon.

I'm more along the lines of "he was an idiot". You have to be a special kind of moron to think that you can just waltz onto an isolated island inhabited by primitive people who have been repeatedly hostile to outsiders, and think you can 'convert' them to Christianity. And not only that, doing it multiple times.

You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. :shrug:

Actually....now that I think about it.....the Sentinelese immigration policy has proven to be very effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom