• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pro-Trump protesters storm US Capitol as lawmakers gather to count electoral votes

Are you tired of all the winning yet?
Right now, I see progressive Americans winning and non-progressive Americans losing. That bodes for civil war in America. That congresscritters don't even care to put on the pretense that elections are fair and represent Americans is another reason why this bodes for civil war in America.

Right now, I see progressive Americans winning and non-progressive Americans losing. That bodes for civil war in America. That congresscritters don't even care to put on the pretense that elections are fair and represent Americans is another reason why this bodes for civil war in America.

If you feel that you know better than the electorate as a whole, give it a try.

That congresscritters don't even care to put on the pretense that elections are fair and represent Americans is another reason why this bodes for civil war in America.

other than the obscene amount of money spent, our elections are fair and valid.

anyone that still thinks Trump was cheated will rightfully forever be regulated to the same status as Flat Earthers and moon landing deniers.

Republican kook wing is fractureing. Sen Tom Cotton vs Sen Josh Hawley...

That was pretty savage and deserved hit on Hawley. Looks like the near hostage situation hit home for Cotton.

Well, if the mob that stormed the Capitol yesterday is any indication of their respect for democracy, you could be right. The world pities you poor saps, and not only where your three-ring circus political farce is concerned.

There will be no civil war. Just butthurt losers shouting and sky crying. American representative democracy keeps moving on.

So treason is your answer to not getting what you want? Any problems with our elections will not be addressed by ignoring them altogether in the name of Trump.

Be careful what you wish for, there won't be anybody to save you from your next world war.
So much crying and off topic derailing attempts.

You have to trust that you will be okay.

100 years of ever increasing federal power. Suppression of speech, religion, media. Taking 20% of every dollar produced and redistributing it to buy votes, while sacking us with trillions in debt. Abusing power to spy on people, to maintain power. Starting interventionist wars, drafting citizens to go die in them, and then forgetting about them. Passing tens of thousands of unconstitutional laws. Infringing on the right to bear arms. The list goes on and on.

You can delude yourself into thinking this was just a generic anti-government riot, but everyone else knows this was the MAGA cult screaming in agony over a lost election. You aren't fooling anyone.

Dumbass, the state legislature are the only ones who can change election law, not unelected judges.
True, but unelected judges (SC) and elected judges can rule if the law is legal or not. :ROFLMAO:

Not sure why you are calling names.

Last edited:
From CNN

This is deeply disturbing. All of the rhetoric and lies that Trump and his allies have been pushing for months is finally coming home to roost. Will we see any sort of contrition or accountability for this threat to our democracy?
Once you spend 4 years sowing distrust, hate, and paranoia, why stop there?
Why not call on all your angriest, most unhinged conspiracy-driven anarchist supporters to storm the seat of the nation's elected legislature?
And while you're at it, announce how much you love their loyalty. Trump wants the Proud Boys to make him Emporer for life, the seditious twat!!

Why not call on all your angriest, most unhinged conspiracy-driven anarchist supporters to storm the seat of the nation's elected legislature?
And while you're at it, announce how much you love their loyalty. Trump wants the Proud Boys to make him Emporer for life, the seditious twat!!
This is what the "Standy by" was for.

The ratio is like 1:1000, and there is no organized violence on the left, unlike the right which is HEAVILY organized.

See, you play the game... "organized", etc. Allows you the out that you so desperately want... and need.

Sure you are. You're saying both sides are culpable, when they are not.

Naw... you just don't understand my point... still.

You didn't address my question. Who decides the middle?

People who don't have to ask a question like that understand that the middle is the middle and they know it when they are there.

If only we could all be calm and rational like you, who stands for nothing and thinks that the political center is somewhere between Obama and Trump.
Glad you don't ge to vote in America.[/QUOTE]

They should be fired, and charged with aiding the insurrection.

There is no excuse for this at all.

And their chief needs to be publicly fired, at the very least.

This is rather different. In this case Trump's idiots were invading the heart of US democracy, attempting to subvert the democratic process. I suggest it isn't remotely comparable to protesting over the deaths of black people at the hands of the police.
I love all the excuses that are made to justify one's side of violence against another...

Oh, those people are committing violence but that is OK because it was not as bad as theirs that was at "the heart of US democracy".

... and I like how you totally sweep aside all the racist violence against black people too. Won't the Liberals kick you out of the club for that?

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 9.27.16 AM.png

I love all the excuses that are made to justify one's side of violence against another...

Oh, those people are committing violence but that is OK because it was not as bad as theirs that was at "the heart of US democracy".

... and I like how you totally sweep aside all the racist violence against black people too. Won't the Liberals kick you out of the club for that?
You're the one coming into this thread and trying to deflect political violence by one side. This insurrection does not compare to anything we've seen recently and your discussion is not germane to the matter at hand.

You can delude yourself into thinking this was just a generic anti-government riot, but everyone else knows this was the MAGA cult screaming in agony over a lost election. You aren't fooling anyone.
I can't believe they made it into the building... (That is bigger than Trumps loss, historic....) The police must have been taken by total surprise. It is so strange, they weren't that many. It was many more during the BLM protests and the police had no problem keeping them at bay. Someting is fishy... I guess I'll get the full story in the morning (It is evening here now).
I watched as MAGA hat wearing rioters broke in to the Capital and climbed the stairs and sat in elected legislator's offices WITH ZERO LAW ENFORCEMENT PROVIDING SECURITY.
The media reported that Trump loyalists were planning this demonstration. Who told Capital police to stand down or stay home?

You're the one coming into this thread and trying to deflect political violence by one side. This insurrection does not compare to anything we've seen recently and your discussion is not germane to the matter at hand.
I have done the opposite of deflect. I have stated that the violence from both sides (this incident from the Right and some of the main ones from the Left) should have been met with the National Guard issue leave orders and then opening fire on those remaining and being violent. What part of that equal condemnation and response lead you to believe that I have deflected anything. For ****s sake discussing these issues with partisan hacks and liars gets really frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom