• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pro-Trump protesters storm US Capitol as lawmakers gather to count electoral votes

You seemed to be contrasting the BLM activist, to whom you ascribed possible noble motivations, against the 40,000 when you said:

"He tried to deescalate the crowd...it's on video."

Possibly you were contrasting his actions with the actions of a provocateur, given that some posters accused BLM and Antifa of showing up with less than noble motives. If so, that was not clear.

In any case, I don't agree with your assertion that his action is insignificant even if it's true that he was the only one there with that political affiliation, and that he had ostensibly "good" motivations.
Good job...you've gone so far off-track that your post became removed from reality.

Cool beans...I'm here for discussions and not fantasy. If you can circle back around to our actual conversation...I'll be happy to continue. Or, as you wrote...we'll just disagree (altho I cant tell about what from your statement)

It's not worth my while debating you 'cause you can't think abstractly.:rolleyes:
LMAO...sure I can, we've been thru this before too. "Abstract" is just one more word that you dont use properly and very mistakenly think that your 'ideas' on government and the pandemic are based in abstract thinking...which they are not :LOL:

Back to Babbit. An excellent summary.

EsBfY3CXYAY7j2J

Yeah...Quit letting propogandists interpret history for you. You need to read history.:rolleyes:
I majored in history at university wheras you clearly dont even have GED.
Almost all historians will tell you fascism is an extreme right wing ideology
A few whackadoodle nutjob revisionist extreme right wing "historians" will try to rewrite history differently, the are universally mocked and no one takes them seriously (kinda like you on this forum)

Good job...you've gone so far off-track that your post became removed from reality.

Cool beans...I'm here for discussions and not fantasy. If you can circle back around to our actual conversation...I'll be happy to continue. Or, as you wrote...we'll just disagree (altho I cant tell about what from your statement)

It's never about actual conversation with you. Don't be disingenuous.

It's never about actual conversation with you. Don't be disingenuous.

Here are some classic definitions of fascism, most of which are characteristic of Trump and his loyal turd-polishers:

--Roger Griffin (historian and political scientist): Fascism is best defined as a revolutionary form of nationalism, one that sets out to be a political, social and ethical revolution, welding the ‘people’ into a dynamic national community under new elites infused with heroic values. The core myth that inspires this project is that only a populist, trans-class movement of purifying, cathartic national rebirth (palingenesis) can stem the tide of decadence. In “The Nature of Fascism,” Roger Griffin described fascism’s “mobilizing vision” as “the national community rising phoenix-like after a period of encroaching decadence which all but destroyed it.”

----Robert Paxton, a professor emeritus at Columbia University, defines fascism in his 2004 book The Anatomy of Fascism as:
Fascism is obsessed with fears of victimization, humiliation and a decline, and a concomitant cult of strength. Fascists the need for authority by natural chiefs (always male), culminating in a national chieftain who alone is capable of incarnating the group’s historical destiny.”
A form of political behavior marked by obsessive preoccupation with community decline, humiliation or victimhood and by compensatory cults of unity, energy and purity, in which a mass-based party of committed nationalist militants, working in uneasy but effective collaboration with traditional elites, abandons democratic liberties and pursues with redemptive violence and without ethical or legal restraints goals of internal cleansing and external expansion. In the same book, Paxton also argues that fascism's foundations lie in a set of "mobilizing passions" rather than an elaborated doctrine.
He argues these passions can explain much of the behavior of fascists:
• a sense of overwhelming crisis beyond the reach of any traditional solutions.
• the primacy of the group, toward which one has duties superior to every right, whether individual or universal, and the subordination of the individual to it.
• the belief that one’s group is a victim, a sentiment that justifies any action, without legal or moral limits, against its enemies, both internal and external.
• dread of the group’s decline under the corrosive effects of individualistic liberalism, class conflict, and alien influences.
• the need for closer integration of a purer community, by consent if possible, or by exclusionary violence if necessary.
• the need for authority by natural chiefs (always male), culminating in a national chieftain who alone is capable of incarnating the group’s historical destiny.
• the superiority of the leader’s instincts over reason.
• the beauty of violence and the efficacy of will, when they are devoted to the group’s success.
• the right of the chosen people to dominate others without restraint from any kind of human or divine law, right being decided by the sole criterion of the group’s prowess within a Darwinian struggle.
I would agree that many of these elements in fascist systems, but some are just as characteristic of any authoritarian regime. Do not Communists also seek an exclusionary society founded on the threat of retaliatory violence?

Talk about being circular... and I thought I was the Ouroboros.

Talk about being circular... and I thought I was the Ouroboros.
Now that is a passive-aggressive post to the point where the post demonstrates moral cowardice.

Hiding the quote for me, yet...calling me out. LOLOLOLOL

Do you really want to draw comparisons as to which side racked up more extermination points?

I don't even need to bring up anyone but Stalin, and you lose right away.
No, I was not drawing any comparisons. Why would you think that as I never mentioned anything about 'comparisons'? Try reading preceding posts first. It helps.

You're not telling me anything I didn't hear from the mainstream media, and I already have ample reason not to trust the MSM. You're okay with claiming some Trump followers might lie for him, and I'm just as okay with the assertion that Dems would lie to get him kicked out. Once the lies are told, a lot of people in the system will reinforce them, and that includes judges. The near unanimous negative verdict with regard to voter fraud convinces you that the judges made the right verdicts in all cases, but since some voter fraud always occurs, I think they're willfully glossing over information, whether it's because they don't like Trump, they're afraid of social blowback, or any number of other possibilities.

I also don't have any particular reason to believe your verdicts on the probity of the cases, so there's not a whole lot left to talk about.
No significant voter fraud has evidence of occurring. It is that simple and what several judges who ruled on this stated. Even Barr said these conspiracy theories were ridiculous, "bullshit" and that his lawyers arguing these things were "clownish". I get it though, you won't believe these statements since they are coming from "mainstream media" because you have been convinced that they lie despite lacking evidence that they lie in a significant way, particularly more than right wing and other alternate sources.

I majored in history at university wheras you clearly dont even have GED.
Almost all historians will tell you fascism is an extreme right wing ideology
A few whackadoodle nutjob revisionist extreme right wing "historians" will try to rewrite history differently, the are universally mocked and no one takes them seriously (kinda like you on this forum)
The father of fascism, Mussolini, was a leftist...Quit regurgitating what your professors tell you and think for yourself.:rolleyes:

The father of fascism, Mussolini, was a leftist...Quit regurgitating what your professors tell you and think for yourself.:rolleyes:
He was a leftist until he became an extreme right winger and created the fascist party
Quit regurgitating the BS that moronic extreme right wing commentators tell you and read some actual history.

Now that is a passive-aggressive post to the point where the post demonstrates moral cowardice.

Hiding the quote for me, yet...calling me out. LOLOLOLOL

Cowardice is you not answering the question I posed. Or can’t you remember back that far?

Lmao.

"Left wing fascism".

It takes a stupid. It really does.

No, I was not drawing any comparisons. Why would you think that as I never mentioned anything about 'comparisons'? Try reading preceding posts first. It helps.

You brought up Mussolini’s history of exterminating antifascists as proof that he was not a “lefty.” That’s the comparison you made; that he can’t have been a lefty in any meaningful way because politically he opposed lefties. the problem with this assertion is that it plays into the definition of fascism being pushed on this thread by many posters: defining fascism as brutal repression, While I am not denying fascism’s history of brutality it’s an inadequate definition because Lefty tyrants like Stalin use the same tactics; only the purported ideology is different. You

No significant voter fraud has evidence of occurring. It is that simple and what several judges who ruled on this stated. Even Barr said these conspiracy theories were ridiculous, "bullshit" and that his lawyers arguing these things were "clownish". I get it though, you won't believe these statements since they are coming from "mainstream media" because you have been convinced that they lie despite lacking evidence that they lie in a significant way, particularly more than right wing and other alternate sources.

Standard Lib deflection: I tell you that I am skeptical of the mass media on voter fraud because I have seen them tell widespread lies on other occasions (and as lies I include sins of omission).

You promptly morph this assertion into your baseless conviction that I am only expressing doubts because I’ve bought into some right wing conspiracy theory. I gave you an example of one of the lies promulgated by the Left that neither the courts nor the media would challenge, and I reiterate that Big Lies such as the Flynn Case are just the sort of thing that gave rise to the belief in “fake news.” (You might recall that Barr did not validate the Left on that occasion, which over the years has earned him no end of insults from Mad Libs.)
I expressed approval that at least one case of voter fraud had been prosecuted from the last election, but I find it unlikely that there was just one, or that the Right’s lawyers were all a bunch of posturing fakers, as you unilaterally claimed. Given that I have already seen dozens of politicians looking at burning cities and declaring
that they were mostly peaceful protests, it’s not any more incredible for me to imagine dozens of judges disregarding evidence because they knew that no one, least of all the media, would challenge them.

You brought up Mussolini’s history of exterminating antifascists as proof that he was not a “lefty.” That’s the comparison you made; that he can’t have been a lefty in any meaningful way because politically he opposed lefties. the problem with this assertion is that it plays into the definition of fascism being pushed on this thread by many posters: defining fascism as brutal repression, While I am not denying fascism’s history of brutality it’s an inadequate definition because Lefty tyrants like Stalin use the same tactics; only the purported ideology is different. You
Mussolini was a far-right fascist who inspired another one; Adolph Hitler. End of.

Standard Lib deflection: I tell you that I am skeptical of the mass media on voter fraud because I have seen them tell widespread lies on other occasions (and as lies I include sins of omission).

You promptly morph this assertion into your baseless conviction that I am only expressing doubts because I’ve bought into some right wing conspiracy theory. I gave you an example of one of the lies promulgated by the Left that neither the courts nor the media would challenge, and I reiterate that Big Lies such as the Flynn Case are just the sort of thing that gave rise to the belief in “fake news.” (You might recall that Barr did not validate the Left on that occasion, which over the years has earned him no end of insults from Mad Libs.)
I expressed approval that at least one case of voter fraud had been prosecuted from the last election, but I find it unlikely that there was just one, or that the Right’s lawyers were all a bunch of posturing fakers, as you unilaterally claimed. Given that I have already seen dozens of politicians looking at burning cities and declaring
that they were mostly peaceful protests, it’s not any more incredible for me to imagine dozens of judges disregarding evidence because they knew that no one, least of all the media, would challenge them.
The media merely report what the experts are telling them. If you believe that there is a significant degree of voter fraud the onus is on you to prove it. The far-right Heritage Foundation found only 1300 cases of alleged election fraud-since 1982.

You post that you see "lies of omission" as lies, yet Trump refuses to acknowledge a group like QAnon and then has plausible deniability for why he doesn't condemn their ridiculous conspiracy theories that laud him as practically a god. You promote his lies (election fraud) as "well they are possible" when really you bring them up as if they haven't been addressed or the evidence is not bullshit. Even Barr told him it was "bullshit".

I don’t agree. The courts should have heard some of the cases, and then there would have been a legal record that the evidence was insufficient. This way, we can only take the word of assorted judges— whose names no one will remember— that the evidence was no good. One of the Trump lawyers pointed out that the Supreme Court didn’t even read the evidence. What kind of judicial oversight is that?
The actual kind as opposed the the imagined kind.

Like all the other courts.

You don't get to have a trial about damage to your unicorn's paint job.

And you don't get to tie up courts with nonsense and lies.

Cowardice is you not answering the question I posed. Or can’t you remember back that far?
As a matter of fact I cant. I guess the display of moral cowardice from your posts dissuaded me from caring.

Today Hillary Clinton speculated that Trump and Putin colluded to incite the capitol riot. The woman has been drunk since the minute the 2016 election was called for Trump.

Today Hillary Clinton speculated that Trump and Putin colluded to incite the capitol riot. The woman has been drunk since the minute the 2016 election was called for Trump.

It sounds possible to me. Trump always checked with Putin on all his other moves and he planned this "rally" to which he invited all his supporters. Trump hates to put out his own money for anything, too. Maybe he got Putin to fund this insurrection for him.

Back
Top Bottom