• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pro-Life or Anti-choice?

So you take a baby that the mom would have killed out of the mom and force it to live and then you say that she is coping out? LOL
"Forcing it to live." Interesting phrase.

Anyway, I was asking if pro-lifer's would still consider it "copping out". (Sorry, spelling err.)

Why do you feel that kid MUST be born just to dump it somewhere where the chances of real love and care are unlikely, as is adoption? And why should the woman risk her life and health and her responsibilities in life just to do that?

Some people, like me, believe in quality of life over quantity. Just demanding they all be born just because they have a heartbeat is dehumanizing, reducing them to numbers.
Ok, so between being raised in an adoption center or dead, what would you choose, because i got a feeling most kids would rather not be dead. Maybe you just hate your life, but you can end it yourself if that's the phase you're in. I think it's terrible to project that onto kids and think they'd rather just not exist than have a chance in life.

as someone who is adopted myself, it's really not the drama you or TV makes it out to be. I'm glad I wasn't aborted just because you'd thought I'd be some poor, hapless victim all my life.

Ok, so between being raised in an adoption center or dead, what would you choose, because i got a feeling most kids would rather not be dead. Maybe you just hate your life, but you can end it yourself if that's the phase you're in. I think it's terrible to project that onto kids and think they'd rather just not exist than have a chance in life.

Please answer my questions first.

Anyway, I was asking if pro-lifer's would still consider it "copping out". (Sorry, spelling err.)
I don't think so...

yea like, im being "forced to live" anytime i get CPR? The absolute state of these people to just want to kill their young, and say and do anything to justify themselves. Not unlike the psychology of violent criminals, but on a mass scale.

It was rhetorical. You'd be clinically insane to answer otherwise and you know it.

Is Scrabaholic clinically insane? LMAO others here have written the same.

Your post is nonsense and not discussion...you are not a mental health professional...what you are...is unable to actually answer honestly.

Let's assume that technology's got to the point where it becomes a practical, common practice in removing (undesired) newly conceived zygotes from the mother's body which continue its gestation independent of the requirement of a womb. Abortion (Birth itself) would change as we know it.

Would the political right be ok with this new, deathless version of abortion or would there still be a need to punish women for coping out of her maternal responsibilities?

Are you indeed pro-life or Anti-choice?

Isn't there enough shit going on you want to debate hypotheticals?

Is Scrabaholic clinically insane? LMAO others here have written the same.

Your post is nonsense and not discussion...you are not a mental health professional...what you are...is unable to actually answer honestly.
your point comes down to "kill the baby because it'll grow up a poor victim if you dont", and that's just not a reason. You can still have quality of life at an adoption center.

your point comes down to "kill the baby because it'll grow up a poor victim if you dont", and that's just not a reason. Y

Dont 'tell' me what my point is...dont mischaracterize what I wrote so that you can avoid answering the questions. It's a discussion...do you have any?

You've even lost track of the conversation...it's about a Down's Syndrome fetus. :rolleyes:

Answer the questions or just admit you cant without it disrupting your argument which is just based on your feelings.

ou can still have quality of life at an adoption center.

Sure...likely a shitty quality of life for a mentally challenged, difficult to adopt child that then gets turned out into society at 18 unprepared to do anything OR sent to an institution.

Dont 'tell' me what my point is...dont mischaracterize what I wrote so that you can avoid answering the questions. It's a discussion...do you have any?
that's literally what you wrote. "quality of life".

life is just life, and it's better than dead.
You've even lost track of the conversation...it's about a Down's Syndrome fetus. :rolleyes:
Yea, and in my state, that's not a good enough reason. That's not a good reason to look at a down syndrome kid and say "you should have been aborted". Nope. We do not allow that.
Answer the questions or just admit you cant without it disrupting your argument which is just based on your feelings.
I don't even know what question you asked honestly, so i don't know what you're talking about.
Sure...likely a shitty quality of life for a mentally challenged, difficult to adopt child that then gets turned out into society at 18 unprepared to do anything OR sent to an institution.
Difficult children should be dead? "we think you might grow up to be a bad boy, so we're going to rip you from the womb" that's fine to you? Hmm, i think you should work on that.

if it were me, i'd much rather be in an institution than aborted.

At least until it gets challenged or goes to vote.
Scotus already sides with us, what challenge is there to make?

I guess it could be voted down if you just want second trimester abortions, but the left doesn't seem intent to stop there.
So what? Where's the "humanity" for the pregnant woman?
she's going to be fine.
She's just being treated like chattel if she's denied the right to an abortion.
yes, what a victim. Giving birth to a baby like any normal woman, with the privilege of 1st world healthcare.

reminds me of an astute point by one of my friends with down syndrome. "why is my disease reason to have aborted me?"

so the way you ask this question makes me wonder what you mean by "undesirable", because when I say undesirable, I'm talking about genetic illnesses/defects in which there is no possible way for the baby to live. Like being only partially formed, missing a vital organ like a heart or stomach, or otherwise guaranteed to die within days, if not hours or even minutes of being born. These things are undesirable because why subject the baby to suffer and die within 2 days when you can just get it over with right then. Merely being minorly handicapped in some way is no reason to abort a fully functioning baby. Thankfully, technology allows us to see the difference, before the baby is born.

are you pro choice or anti-life?

I believe in personal freedoms, as stipulated in many charters of rights, including your own ancient one.

That includes the right to terminate a pregnancy or, in your choice of words "murder"
I also believe in your right to say it, your right to assembly, etc.

But You DO NOT Have the right to tell anyone what they can or can't do. You are elected to nothing (I know of) and sure as hell aren't a lawyer or a cop, your vocabulary isn't up to that level.

I find it revealing about the Amerikan right, that they preach individual freedoms when it comes to murder weapons, or pipelines or long hair or "libtards" they want laws Goddammit!

You want "freedom of speech, but only if only you and your friends have it.

You claim the right to peddle your bullshit in here, but rail against an anti opinion, insulting opposite opinion and basically acting out.

I'd say you're terrified we might be right

yea like, im being "forced to live" anytime i get CPR? The absolute state of these people to just want to kill their young, and say and do anything to justify themselves. Not unlike the psychology of violent criminals, but on a mass scale.
There is nothing to have to justify. Don't want to be pregnant. Abortion. Done.

your point comes down to "kill the baby because it'll grow up a poor victim if you dont", and that's just not a reason.
It is absolutely a reason.
You can still have quality of life at an adoption center.
Who knows and who cares... the woman did not want to be pregnant and have a child. Abortion. Done.

Back
Top Bottom