• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pro-Life or Anti-choice?

I'm jewish.

Apologies for my mistake.

The reason we don't is because suicide is murder of your own self, and for which there is little to no repentance if you succeed(if you're dead, it's too late to repent). Very little chance that one will find "peace on the other side" if he commits suicide in this religion.

Ok, that makes sense. I don't recall being taught that in my church (Anglican) but I do know that if you were Catholic and committed suicide, you couldn't be buried in a Catholic cemetery. I believe that is no longer the case.

Sad to hear. Can't speak for his situation, as i don't know the circumstances. Generally, it's not something I'd risk. In judaism, and in most christian sects, we are meant to die of natural causes, not our own volition.

the most lenient opinion i can think of on this matter, is if someone commits suicide due to "depression like King Solomon"(as I heard it said), he is judged less stringently....note, it's not "allowed", just less severe. Nothing something I would just do because I woke up on the wrong side of the bed one day.
I was told by a Catholic priest that suicide is now considered a mental issue - the person is mentally ill - and therefore not their fault.

Yes, I miss my bro immmensely even now, almost 22 years later.

Back
Top Bottom