• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

President says Islam is a religion of peace

Well, seeing as how:

1. ALL stable Islamic nations have a homicide rate lower than America's, and

2. The terrorist attacks in the Middle East are almost all inside nations that are NOT stable, and

3. According to stats provided by the American Medical Association, Muslims in America are ten times more likely to become doctors than 'normal' American citizens...

...yeah, when compared to the baggage that all major religions (including "Christianity") carry over the centuries, YES, with that perspective, Islam is a religion that does value peace.

Y'all need to get a clue that right now - right now! - is the most peaceful time in recorded human history...so when y'all start doing the chicken little thing about the sky falling 'cause Islam, you need to bear in mind that nearly every corner of the planet is MORE peaceful today than it ever was.

Like the good Doctor Lecter?

Hannibal-Hopkins.jpg

Like the good Doctor Lecter?

Well, if we're going to hold the 3.3M Muslims in America in suspicion because of the actions of a few dozen Muslims in America over the past thirty years, then certainly we've got to hold all of America's medical community in suspicion due to the actions of the fictitious Doctor Lecter....

Well, if we're going to hold the 3.3M Muslims in America in suspicion because of the actions of a few dozen Muslims in America over the past thirty years, then certainly we've got to hold all of America's medical community in suspicion due to the actions of the fictitious Doctor Lecter....

Dr Lecter is a fictional character. Assault Religions are real, and they need to be banned.

A few dozen?? Are you joking?

BTW: Doctors are the third leading cause of death in the US

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...hird-leading-cause-of-death-in-united-states/

Maybe that's how the Muslim doctors serve Islam.

Dr Lecter is a fictional character. Assault Religions are real, and they need to be banned.

Are you saying that mainstream "Christianity" should have been banned in the heyday of the Spanish Inquisition or during the destruction of the Thirty Years' War or during all the times they persecuted (and sometimes massacred) Jews and those of other religions and ethnicities they didn't like?

Oh, wait, let me guess - now that mainstream "Christianity" has straightened up its act in the past couple centuries (as opposed to the previous 16 or 17 centuries), NOW we should hold all the other religions to the same standard to which mainstream "Christianity" claims to hold itself? Of course, that's as long as we ignore pedophile priests and Irish Catholic laundries and Scientology and FLDS and....

I think there are a number of historians that would disagree with "religion barely even registers" part. First 1/2 is OK though.

I'd contribute:

.... because Shia and Sunni have been at each other's throats, killing, raping and pillaging each other for some 2,500 years? Does that makes Islam the religion of peace?

Mind you, this is not all Muslims nor all who practice the Islamic religion, but there are a fair percentage that actively run around killing, raping and pillaging on an on going basis, and do so by justifying their actions on their interpretation of Islam. That's the part that many have a problem with, and rightfully so.

Killing and raping happens all the time in the US also. What rights should we take away in response?

Killing and raping happens all the time in the US also. What rights should we take away in response?

Not at a religious organization level. There's only one place where that's condoned, and it isn't the US.

Their freedom - we already do that.

Fair enough. Christendom did have a long and bloody period, but has since grown up, matured, that this isn't nearly as prevalent now, if it's happening at all.

I suppose one of the reasons that some of Islam are still living in the middle ages are by their own fundamentalist religious dictates. This is something that Christendom was never burdened with (at least that I can think of) at least not since the times of Galileo and Copernicus.

So how much longer is it going to take them to achieve the same, and then become a religion of peace both by fact and by deed?

Good question. Christianity's bloody period lasted how long? At least a thousand years. Maybe in another thousand, Islam will catch up.

Are you saying that mainstream "Christianity" should have been banned in the heyday of the Spanish Inquisition or during the destruction of the Thirty Years' War or during all the times they persecuted (and sometimes massacred) Jews and those of other religions and ethnicities they didn't like?

Oh, wait, let me guess - now that mainstream "Christianity" has straightened up its act in the past couple centuries (as opposed to the previous 16 or 17 centuries), NOW we should hold all the other religions to the same standard to which mainstream "Christianity" claims to hold itself? Of course, that's as long as we ignore pedophile priests and Irish Catholic laundries and Scientology and FLDS and....
That's silly. No one is saying we should ban religions. But Assault Religions are dangerous, and so the government should keep track of those people who want to adhere to one, and keep the rest of us safe from them.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Obama is a moron.

Good question. Christianity's bloody period lasted how long? At least a thousand years. Maybe in another thousand, Islam will catch up.

Hmm. Seems that Islam's bloody period has already outlasted Christianity's, 1,000 years vs. 2,500 years, so now you are saying Islam's is going to last a total of 3,500 years? Seems that Islam needs to evolve at a faster rate. I wonder what makes one religion more easily accommodate change than others?

Hmm. Seems that Islam's bloody period has already outlasted Christianity's, 1,000 years vs. 2,500 years, so now you are saying Islam's is going to last a total of 3,500 years?

Could be. Let's see.. Christianity dates from 0 AD, Islam from the seventh century, so in another 700 years they will have been around as long. The thing is, though, as both Bush and Obama have pointed out, it's not Islam, or all of Islam. It's only the radical Muslims that are the problem.

That's silly. No one is saying we should ban religions. But Assault Religions are dangerous, and so the government should keep track of those people who want to adhere to one, and keep the rest of us safe from them.

Silly? What are they doing today that mainstream "Christianity" didn't do to a much worse extent in centuries past? If "assaultive religions" should be banned, then that's not a rule that should apply only to the past few decades - that should apply to all time. As with murder and torture that have been committed by both, there is no statute of limitations.

Silly? What are they doing today that mainstream "Christianity" didn't do to a much worse extent in centuries past? If "assaultive religions" should be banned, then that's not a rule that should apply only to the past few decades - that should apply to all time. As with murder and torture that have been committed by both, there is no statute of limitations.
:roll: so now your trying to excuse mass murder.

This isn't centuries ago, Glenn. We shouldnt be put at risk of these kinds of extremely violent war religions anymore.

Could be. Let's see.. Christianity dates from 0 AD, Islam from the seventh century, so in another 700 years they will have been around as long. The thing is, though, as both Bush and Obama have pointed out, it's not Islam, or all of Islam. It's only the radical Muslims that are the problem.

Agreed. It's only the radical, militant Muslim fundamentalists that are the problem.

I could give a rats ass if some Muslims want to live circa 1,200 years ago due to the edicts of their religious sect. When they start raping, killing, shooting and blowing themselves up injuring others, well, then there's gonna be problems, and I see those that commit those atrocities as having forfeited their own lives.

The Vatican kills people these days? News to me.

:roll: so now your trying to excuse mass murder.

This isn't centuries ago, Glenn. We shouldnt be put at risk of these kinds of extremely violent war religions anymore.

That depends on how religious one is.

If a religion committed mass murder a thousand years ago and is the same religion today, then that religion is still guilty of mass murder today. The people aren't, but the religion IS.

And if you think mainstream "Christians" would no longer do such a thing, go ask the Bosnian Muslims what happened about twenty years ago....

Guns don't kill people. Words in a book kill people.

Well, not exactly true...I if Point my finger at you and do "Air Trigger" and say "Bang You are dead", it is highly unlikely that will get shot.

If I do that with a gun, well....that is entirely a different matter. So technically Guns don't kill people, people do, but guns do help a lot!

Diving Mullah

That depends on how religious one is.

If a religion committed mass murder a thousand years ago and is the same religion today, then that religion is still guilty of mass murder today. The people aren't, but the religion IS.

And if you think mainstream "Christians" would no longer do such a thing, go ask the Bosnian Muslims what happened about twenty years ago....
No, no, no. We aren't looking to bash or ban religions. Just Assault Religions. Dangerous ones, that pose a threat to others.

Agreed. It's only the radical, militant Muslim fundamentalists that are the problem.

I could give a rats ass if some Muslims want to live circa 1,200 years ago due to the edicts of their religious sect. When they start raping, killing, shooting and blowing themselves up injuring others, well, then there's gonna be problems, and I see those that commit those atrocities as having forfeited their own lives.

The Vatican kills people these days? News to me.

Exactly, and the Muslim terrorists who call themselves "ISIS" or "ISIL" want a war between Islam and Christianity in order to bring about their "twelfth. Imam" who will usher in the Caliphate according to their "prophecy." Whether or not you consider Islam to be a peaceful religion, the fact is we don't want to go to war with Islam.

We're dealing with a relatively small group of people, but they're fanatics, not afraid to die for their cause and believe that Allah will see to it that their quest succeeds.

When Allah (God) is on your side, how can you lose?

Exactly, and the Muslim terrorists who call themselves "ISIS" or "ISIL" want a war between Islam and Christianity in order to bring about their "twelfth. Imam" who will usher in the Caliphate according to their "prophecy." Whether or not you consider Islam to be a peaceful religion, the fact is we don't want to go to war with Islam.

We're dealing with a relatively small group of people, but they're fanatics, not afraid to die for their cause and believe that Allah will see to it that their quest succeeds.

When Allah (God) is on your side, how can you lose?

Contain, isolate (as in no one and nothing in or out of the containment area), and let the virulence burn itself out?

Back
Top Bottom