• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

President Obama continues to fan...[W247, 258]

There is major pressure on the Justice Department to pursue Zimmerman with some kind of federal prosecution. On what possible evidence for what possible crime? A hate crime? Who calls 911 before setting out on a hate crime?

charles krauthammer

Re: Obama speaks on Zimmerman verdict

Moderator's Warning:
Merging with other thread.

Hmmm... Obama coulda been TM 35 yrs ago.

I can understand the pot smoking and school issues...though we'll never know about the latter. But is he saying he carried a burglary tool, sold pot, liked fighting and guns, and kept female jewelry in his backpack?

I can see him possibly having [and perhaps wearing] female jewelry and selling pot.

But no way did he like and participate in fighting. AND... there's absolutely no chance he liked or sold guns.

So did he lie again like he so often does? :roll: :confused:

Hmmm... Obama coulda been TM 35 yrs ago.

I can understand the pot smoking and school issues...though we'll never know about the latter. But is he saying he carried a burglary tool, sold pot, liked fighting and guns, and kept female jewelry in his backpack?

I can see him possibly having [and perhaps wearing] female jewelry and selling pot.

But no way did he like and participate in fighting. AND... there's absolutely no chance he liked or sold guns.

So did he lie again like he so often does? :roll: :confused:

All the President is saying is that he had enough in common with Martin to picture himself in Martin's shoes when he was that age. He isn't saying that he was exactly like Martin. That's the President's estimation to make, not yours to question. The President knows what kind of a kid he was, and the President knows what he had in common with Martin.

All the President is saying is that he had enough in common with Martin to picture himself in Martin's shoes when he was that age. He isn't saying that he was exactly like Martin. That's the President's estimation to make, not yours to question. The President knows what kind of a kid he was, and the President knows what he had in common with Martin.

Ok then why does he continue to "fan the flames" and further divide this county more than any other president before him?

You can defend him all you want... but I aint listening to no justification on every stupid decision or statement he's made over 5 yrs.

Ok then why does he continue to "fan the flames" and further divide this county more than any other president before him?

You can defend him all you want... but I aint listening to no justification on every stupid decision or statement he's made over 5 yrs.

I don't think he was fanning anything or dividing anyone. I think what he basically said is that we need to sit down and figure out how to cut down on this kind of thing. What's wrong with that?

Obama grew up in a well to do area of Honolulu. Yet he acts like to grew up in Cabrini Green.

Indeed.....and there is no way he grew up in a African American Community. So he does not have any of that understanding other than from what he has read.

No way it could have ever been him. Never!

Like I said before. Most of the left doesn't even have a clue about him. Other than from his Presidency.

Indeed.....and there is no way he grew up in a African American Community. So he does not have any of that understanding other than from what he has read.

No way it could have ever been him. Never!

Like I said before. Most of the left doesn't even have a clue about him. Other than from his Presidency.
He grew up in a white community, he went to Rev. Wrights church so he could get the understanding.

He grew up in a white community, he went to Rev. Wrights church so he could get the understanding.

So he went somewhere to have what growing up black in the hood was like explained to him?

Really.....who was he getting it from before Rev White? Since that would be after Obama's Teenager years and him going back 35 years. You must of forgot that whole ordeal wherein Obama explained how long he had been a member of that Church and when he met Wright, huh? :lol:

I know.....its hard to believe. But tell Obama, this aint a television TV series Script. Wherein he can just make up whatever stories he wants to. ;)

Sure, go ahead and put words in his mouth. Protect him all you want. But realize you're protecting a giant liar!

Argh...this is impossible. Not every point is an argument of my conclusions vs your conclusions. I am not arguing the verdict I am trying to get you to grasp that you can not profess to know the "truth" of what happened that night. You can not make claims that are unsubstantiated. The verdict = reasonable doubt , it does not mean the jury thought he was innocent and it certainly does not mean he was. The evening may have in fact unfolded just as Z said, but we will never actually know.

I can agree with that. Too bad the president can't.

lol @ that. Obama isn't even African american, he's the son of an African immigrant. His family has no experience on the business end of slavery nor jim crow, can Identify the roots of his cultural legacy, and is not dealing with generations of legally and culturally imposed poverty and lack of access to basic govt institutions (like basic schooling).

These are very important distinctions between African Americans and African immigrants. And likely account for the distinction between these groups when we look at things like income, education achievements, and general social success

PS Also, what do you think Obama would say if one of his daughters brought someone like TM home?

I'm not protecting anybody, I'm just being reasonable. You should try it sometime.

No you aren't. You're an apologist for the prez. Do you realize what will happen in this country if Obama and Holder get their way? I am all for demonstrating against this to my fullest abilities....just like 70% of this country will probably do. But we won't be violent in our protests. No, that's a pleasure for the black minority only. Not all blacks mind you, but for a great many. Do you not see that Obama wants to tear this country apart? That's why he keeps fanning the flames of racism.

lol @ that. Obama isn't even African american, he's the son of an African immigrant. His family has no experience on the business end of slavery nor jim crow, can Identify the roots of his cultural legacy, and is not dealing with generations of legally and culturally imposed poverty and lack of access to basic govt institutions (like basic schooling).

These are very important distinctions between African Americans and African immigrants. And likely account for the distinction between these groups when we look at things like income, education achievements, and general social success

PS Also, what do you think Obama would say if one of his daughters brought someone like TM home?

Heya Doc....ya donts......donts......donts, mean, Like wearins a hoodie now.....do ya? :lol:

It seems like an awful lot of white people think they can define what African American is, or what defines the African American experience, or what Obama did or didn't learn growing up in various parts of the world.

As for you in particular, I don't know what it matters whether or not somebody's predecessors has experience with slavery or Jim Crow, I think what matters is the individual's experience. Neither you nor I can speak personally to what the President's experiences have been, so I think it's rather presumptuous to try to characterize them.

As far as it goes with someone like Martin, I'd have no idea. You'd have to ask him, or make whatever assumptions you're going to make anyway -- whichever works best for you.

Show me anything you've got that says he doesn't agree with that.

Ummm, how about him siding with The Dear Trayvon twice now??!! Unfrickenbelivable!!!

I can agree with that. Too bad the president can't.
Here is what he said yesterday:

President Obama said:
The judge conducted the trial in a professional manner. The prosecution and the defense made their arguments. The juries were properly instructed that in a case such as this reasonable doubt was relevant, and they rendered a verdict. And once the jury has spoken, that's how our system works.

No you aren't. You're an apologist for the prez.

You're obviously more interested in having your knee-jerk reaction to what you think I'm saying, rather than actually paying attention to what I do say. I am not now, nor have I ever been, an apologist for either political party, much less for any particular politician.

Do you realize what will happen in this country if Obama and Holder get their way?

Yeah, they'll work with state and local authorities to find ways to address the issues that, at least in part, brought Zimmerman and Martin together. Just like he said. Since he's already said this sort of thing is traditionally the purview of state and local authorities.

I am all for demonstrating against this to my fullest abilities....just like 70% of this country will probably do. But we won't be violent in our protests. No, that's a pleasure for the black minority only. Not all blacks mind you, but for a great many. Do you not see that Obama wants to tear this country apart? That's why he keeps fanning the flames of racism.

No, mostly it's this very attitude you're displaying right here.

Ummm, how about him siding with The Dear Trayvon twice now??!! Unfrickenbelivable!!!

It isn't "choosing sides" we aren't children. What do you call "siding" with Trayvon? Acknowledging the tragedy of a 17yr old losing his life? Suggesting that he may (MAY) have felt threatened that night? please...enlighten me.

Do you really think some immigrant from africa has the same life experience as a decendent of slavery, simply due to both sharing similar skin pigment?

'African-American' Becomes a Term for Debate - New York Times

What I really think is that it's not up to white America to decide whether or not Obama is a genuine African American or to define the African American experience.

What I really think is that it's about the individual's experiences, not about the experiences of their predecessors -- something that none of us are expert about, when it comes to Obama.

Back
Top Bottom