• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Pregnant Soldiers to be Courtmartialed

I feel that the men should be treated the exact same way.

And this is already done when they are caught "in the act". I know of several cases here at my base where both the men and women were convicted under UCMJ for "Violating a Lawfull Order" for being caught in "compromising conditions".
In the ordinary civil law, we see that they are. For example, there have been times when a pregnant high school girl has been denied some privilege (say, participation in an honors society) but the boy who got her pregnant was allowed to participate. This was ruled sex discrimination.

But the UCMJ is a different set of rules, and it's largely extra-Constitutional too.

One argument does make sense to me: pregnancy (especially later on) creates a disability that could prevent a soldier from performing her assigned duty. If you can be court martialed for getting a bad sunburn that puts you in the sick tent rather than on duty, seems like pregnancy would create the same problem, even if the male soldier had no such ill effects.

That is another problem for the military....A lot of wives are really upset to see women serving aboard ships next to their husbands.........

But eventually you'll see a box of Tide in their front window or purple Christmas lights lining the front door back on the homefront. At least thats how it seems on base here. :2wave:

Last edited:
I wonder if the UCMJ is also subject to questions of equal treatment. Do we court martial men for having sex?

i've never seen the issue go to court-martial, but i've seen several NJP's (which can carry loss of grade, loss of pay, or temporary imprisonment) over the matter, yes.

But eventually you'll see a box of Tide in their front window or purple Christmas lights lining the front door back on the homefront. At least thats how it seems on base here. :2wave:

I have no clue what your talking about...............

Apparently when husbands get deployed, the less than faithful wives will put a box of Tide detergent or purple Christmas lights out to signify that they are lonely and could use some "company". When I was told about this, I didnt believe it and dismissed it as rumor, or bored flightline banter, but when driving through base housing I would casually look at the houses. Lo and behold I started to see it more and more. Kinda sad if you ask me.

We used to call them WESTPAC WIDOWS.......The night before a ship would get underway there would be no women in the bars....The next night after the ship left they would be packed with women.......sad.....

We used to call them WESTPAC WIDOWS.......The night before a ship would get underway there would be no women in the bars....The next night after the ship left they would be packed with women.......sad.....

Oh yes, I myself am more then familiar with the WestPac Widows Association.

My last duty station in the Marines was at Mare Island Naval Shipyard. We had several ships ported there that served the Submarine Fleet, and several subs as well. And fairly regularly we would see the gals go to the club on base, then not be seen for months afterwards, only to reappear a while later. It was not hard to tell what ship their husband was on.

The main targets of their interest were the young Marines going through the Security Forces school there. Most were only at the base a month or two, then shipped off to their permanent duty station. However, it was frequently a problem when the Marine ended up stationed there, causing potentially embarassing problems.

Oh yes, I myself am more then familiar with the WestPac Widows Association.

My last duty station in the Marines was at Mare Island Naval Shipyard. We had several ships ported there that served the Submarine Fleet, and several subs as well. And fairly regularly we would see the gals go to the club on base, then not be seen for months afterwards, only to reappear a while later. It was not hard to tell what ship their husband was on.

The main targets of their interest were the young Marines going through the Security Forces school there. Most were only at the base a month or two, then shipped off to their permanent duty station. However, it was frequently a problem when the Marine ended up stationed there, causing potentially embarassing problems.

Liberty was great...When I was a young sailor I actually lived with a woman for 6 months whose husband was on the USS FORRESTAL (CV-59) and was deployed to the Med for 6 months and 3 days......;)

Liberty was great...When I was a young sailor I actually lived with a woman for 6 months whose husband was on the USS FORRESTAL (CV-59) and was deployed to the Med for 6 months and 3 days......;)

Aren't Catholics opposed to adultrey? Or is this another example of cafeteria catholicism?

Aren't Catholics opposed to adultrey? Or is this another example of cafeteria catholicism?

I was a liberal like you then..........Yes they are......"He without sin cast the first stone." Guess that leaves you out to DD....

I was a liberal like you then..........Yes they are......"He without sin cast the first stone." Guess that leaves you out to DD....

I never have committed adultrey...but I am certainly not without sin. Not casting stones....just sayin';)

You must have that goalpost on wheels.

Thats why I now only stick to non-military affiliated women. Easier said than done living on an island with 6 major military installations. But the military gals are just plain crazy (no offense to any of my sisters serving out there.) And the wives are even crazier. Far too many times have I been invited to commit adultry when hubby is away. UCMJ is nothing to mess around with. That sunburn will kill ya ;)

Last edited:
I never have committed adultrey...but I am certainly not without sin. Not casting stones....just sayin';)

Ah but you were casting stones oh and by the way since I was not married at the time I was not committing adultery........

Ah but you were casting stones oh and by the way since I was not married at the time I was not committing adultery........

Here you go. You are either an adulterer or scumbag. You pick.
Don't try to weasle out by the old I was drunk or young....lol
<< Leviticus 20:10 >>

King James Bible
And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbor's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Here you go. You are either an adulterer or scumbag. You pick.
Don't try to weasle out by the old I was drunk or young....lol
<< Leviticus 20:10 >>

King James Bible
And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbor's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Did you read my last post? I lived with her for 6 months so I was not drunk......Keep up my left wing friend......

yes, you were. specifically the crime you were committing is compared biblically to murder.

guys who knowingly sleep with other dudes' wives while they are on deployment are, frankly, scumbags. they don't deserve the title, they don't deserve the trust, and frankly, they don't deserve honorable discharge. they have caused blue deaths. i wish they would bring back the ceremony where they rip all the emblems of service off of your uniform and toss you out the gate for those and other integrity violators.

yes, you were. specifically the crime you were committing is compared biblically to murder.

guys who knowingly sleep with other dudes' wives while they are on deployment are, frankly, scumbags. they don't deserve the title, they don't deserve the trust, and frankly, they don't deserve honorable discharge. they have caused blue deaths. i wish they would bring back the ceremony where they rip all the emblems of service off of your uniform and toss you out the gate for those and other integrity violators.

No I am not, that is your opinion......If you had your way my left wing friend and all the guys were discharged that slept arund we would have no military........Now lets get back on topic.......Oh and if your here to fight with Conservatives wipe that ****en conservative off your profile.........We have enough problems fighting with the libs here since we are out numbered about 3 to 1...........Thanks.......

One more thing my left wing friend...Like I told your buddy DD "He who without sin cast the first stone."

No I am not, that is your opinion......If you had your way my left wing friend and all the guys were discharged that slept arund we would have no military........Now lets get back on topic.......Oh and if your here to fight with Conservatives wipe that ****en conservative off your profile.........We have enough problems fighting with the libs here since we are out numbered about 3 to 1...........Thanks.......

One more thing my left wing friend...Like I told your buddy DD "He who without sin cast the first stone."

That is so full of bull.

Sleeping with a guy's wife has nothing to do with politics. I really doubt when you were in bed with her you were thinking about the upcoming election. No you were laughing to yourself because the husband , a fellow serviceman , was out at sea and couldn't do anything to you.

Scumbags know no political boundaries, just look at Edwards and Gov Mark Sanford.

Wear the title proudly.
When I was in the service I can proudly say I never slept with another guy's wife.

Last edited:
That is so full of bull.

Sleeping with a guy's wife has nothing to do with politics. I really doubt when you were in bed with her you were thinking about the upcoming election. No you were laughing to yourself because the husband , a fellow serviceman , was out at sea and couldn't do anything to you.

Scumbags know no political boundaries, just look at Edwards and Gov Mark Sanford.

Wear the title proudly.
When I was in the service I can proudly say I never slept with another guy's wife.

I did it, I was a young guy..I don't apologize for it....If you don't like it that is tough...I guess you have never committed a sin..........Now lets get back on topic OK...

I did it, I was a young guy..I don't apologize for it....If you don't like it that is tough...I guess you have never committed a sin..........Now lets get back on topic OK...

No, it is just interesting you were one of the main cheerleaders coming down on Edwards, who was and is a scumbag. But I just think this puts you in a different light now.
goodbye

No, it is just interesting you were one of the main cheerleaders coming down on Edwards, who was and is a scumbag. But I just think this puts you in a different light now.
goodbye

Lay off the drugs...........they are eating your brain.......show me where I went after Edwards my left wing friend or shut up..........I would have love to get your left wing buddy though.......

If you were ****ing a married woman....you were committing adultrey.

Back
Top Bottom