• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Prediction: GOP Will Force US into Default[W:183]

Actually in started in 1860; FDR just decided to take it to a much higher level and more of a fiscal one than his predecessors back to Mr. Lincoln had.

I can't speak for all Conservatives, but many of us believe that Mr. Lincoln started the whole problem by ignoring the predominance of the States over the Federal Government and that FDR simply compounded the problem by a factor of 10 when he decided to create the social safety net that we are still burdened with to this day.

More evidence that the current GOP is run by neo-confederates.

NEXT DISCREDITED HISTORICAL FICTION!

Yes, we will see who wins. The truly unfortunate thing is that it didn't need to come to this; if this nation's elected leaders had decided to play by the rules instead of throwing them out in the 1930's. Though this is a wonderful teaching tool for people to show their children what happens when they fail to manage their money properly.

Nobody wants to see a government shutdown or default. However, at this point it seems they're the only ways to get the Left to actually pay attention to anything we've been saying for the last 80 years on this nation's money management problems.

Crank revisionist history is another aspect of the tea party syndrome.

1. Come October 17, the radical conservatives in the House will not raise the debt ceiling, causing a default on US government obligations, the first time in history. This is in fact what the tea party cabal wants to happen, so no compromise is possible, and the craven GOP leadership doesn't have the courage to stand up them. Their irrational hatred of the federal government, along with their moral nihilism recklessly impels them forward in a scorched earth policy.

2. The economic impact is certain: T-bill yields will skyrocket, causing massive new debt; the housing market recovery will collapse as the Fed will not be able to sustain low interest rates; perhaps a million American will lose their jobs; a recession will follow; there will likely be civil unrest. Again, since this will mostly affect working Americans, this is what the tea party cabal wants.

3. What happens next politically is less certain. I suspect there will be attempt to recall tea party representatives and fellow travelers from semi-rational districts, though that is unchartered territory. If we're lucky, recall and special elections will be organized within a short time, perhaps two months, they will survive judicial scrutiny, and enough tea partiers will be discharged to reestablish a functioning government. Then the tea party nightmare will finally be over.

You heard it here first.

Guess you're not in favor of representative government. Seems to me the majority of the people you seem to despise are simply doing exactly what their constituents elected them to do.

Guess you're not in favor of representative government. Seems to me the majority of the people you seem to despise are simply doing exactly what their constituents elected them to do.

So you agree that the tea party will force the US government into default and you think it's a good thing, like all teapartiers do?

Yeah, that's what I said.

So you agree that the tea party will force the US government into default and you think it's a good thing, like all teapartiers do?

Yeah, that's what I said.

Comprehension not your strong suit, huh?

I didn't say any such thing. I said what I said - nothing more, nothing less.

Comprehension not your strong suit, huh?

I didn't say any such thing. I said what I said - nothing more, nothing less.

This thread isn't about me. You seemed upset that I predicted what the GOP would do and indicated that defaulting on the US debt is democracy in action.

Don't blame me for what you post.

Anyway, now's your chance. Step right up to the microphone and say whether you agree or disagree with the GOP goal of defaulting on US obligations.

This thread isn't about me. You seemed upset that I predicted what the GOP would do and indicated that defaulting on the US debt is democracy in action.

Don't blame me for what you post.

Anyway, now's your chance. Step right up to the microphone and say whether you agree or disagree with the GOP goal of defaulting on US obligations.

I don't agree with the premise, so chosing one of two faulty options is no option. By the way, when did you stop beating your wife?

Somebody doesn't understand the debt ceiling, but then conservatives simply can't think straight on simple issues like this.

Care to explain what you think the debt ceiling is?

I don't agree with the premise, so chosing one of two faulty options is no option. By the way, when did you stop beating your wife?

So you refuse to answer. So we know where you stand then, don't we?

Care to explain what you think the debt ceiling is?

Yes, but I'd rather not and let the tea partiers post weird things about it, like AREALConservative did earlier. Part of the fun of this thread is watching tea partiers implode over the issue and blurt out that they want the US to default.

Besides, the facts are irrelevant to the tea party narrative, so there's no point in me providing them.

This post makes absolutely no sense HOJ. I dont' even know what to say back.

Seriously? He who shall be nameless thinks Democrats are deity incarnate, Harry Reid poops rainbows, and 0bama can heal the sick with just a touch of his magical hand.

Total Stockholm Syndrome.

Yes, but I'd rather not and let the tea partiers post weird things about it, like AREALConservative did earlier. Part of the fun of this thread is watching tea partiers implode over the issue and blurt out that they want the US to default.

Besides, the facts are irrelevant to the tea party narrative, so there's no point in me providing them.

I am not a Tea Party.
You just proved this is a bait thread on your part.

So guess you really don't want to debate. Got it.

The fact that the GOP would allow their party to be hijacked by a handful of extremist freshmen teabaggers is clearly evidence that the Republican party has become a complete and utter joke. Fortunately, most of America is seeing this an is disgusted with the Republicans as well.

The fact that the GOP would allow their party to be hijacked by a handful of extremist freshmen teabaggers is clearly evidence that the Republican party has become a complete and utter joke. Fortunately, most of America is seeing this an is disgusted with the Republicans as well.

you said the same think when the Scott Walker stuff was going on.

boy were Americans super mad at the gop. they were going to suffer for their actions. ring a bell?

You are aware, aren't you, that in addition to all the GOP members of the House, some 30 Democrats voted with them to have the individual mandate delayed one year and to have the tax on medical devices lifted under Obamacare as part of the approval of the government funding bill? Are these 30 or so Democrats also a handful of extremists and an utter joke in your view?

I keep hearing this 'hijacked' rhetoric but am confused by it. What exact positions do the 'tea partiers' hold that are not generally embraced by the balance of the GOP?

Seriously? He who shall be nameless thinks Democrats are deity incarnate, Harry Reid poops rainbows, and 0bama can heal the sick with just a touch of his magical hand.

Total Stockholm Syndrome.

Ah the Ted Cruz as messiah syndrome. Another tea party fixation.

I am not a Tea Party.
You just proved this is a bait thread on your part.

So guess you really don't want to debate. Got it.

Yes, yes. All tea partiers say this.

Meanwhile, I love it when conservatives post the raising the debt ceiling raises the debt. It shows how freakishly ill informed they are.

I keep hearing this 'hijacked' rhetoric but am confused by it. What exact positions do the 'tea partiers' hold that are not generally embraced by the balance of the GOP?

Put a clean CR bill to a vote in the House and we'll find out, won't we. But of course that's exactly why Boehner refuses to do that. The GOP is led by cowards who kneel before the Tea Party messiah, Cruz. And he's not even an American!

Put a clean CR bill to a vote in the House and we'll find out, won't we. But of course that's exactly why Boehner refuses to do that. The GOP is led by cowards who kneel before the Tea Party messiah, Cruz. And he's not even an American!

Why didn't you answer the question specifically?

go on...you can say it :lamo

Yes, yes. All tea partiers say this.

Meanwhile, I love it when conservatives post the raising the debt ceiling raises the debt. It shows how freakishly ill informed they are.

So what is your take on " raising the debt ceiling raises the debt"?

If debt is at X and it needs to be raised, Is not the new debt level greater than X?

(I am not a republ nor a conservative).

I could say its funny when dems think they can keep spending 40% more than they take in and it does not add to the debt.

Exactly. The GOP is now a farce. The only question for most Americans now is, how do we remove these freaks form office before they get their wish and the US becomes a third world economy.

Back
Top Bottom