• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pop music superstar Prince has died at his home in suburban Minneapolis

Though not a huge fan of his music, I was a huge fan of his guitar playing. He could flat out play guitar with anybody. His performance at the 2004 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremonies of George Harrison's 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps' is jaw-dropping.

Wow!

Rip Prince and Chyna.

Though not a huge fan of his music, I was a huge fan of his guitar playing. He could flat out play guitar with anybody. His performance at the 2004 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremonies of George Harrison's 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps' is jaw-dropping.

Yesterday I remembered the greatest guitar player I ever heard play, Randy Rhoads but as a Hard rock fan I am much more into a bit heavier handed guitar players.

Dear Lord. We humbly pray for you to give us back Prince. We will trade Justin Bieber for him. We will even throw in Kanye West.

Prince dies, Yeezey and Ted Nugent live. Obviously there is NO GOD.
Either that or God LOVES Him some funk and English art rock.

TMZ is calling it a drug overdose. While TMZ is a gossip site, it has been right frequently, especially when it broke the news and circumstances of Michael Jackson's death.

TMZ is calling it a drug overdose. While TMZ is a gossip site, it has been right frequently, especially when it broke the news and circumstances of Michael Jackson's death.

They say the plane made an emergency landing at MLI, he went to hospital, got the save shot, he couldn't get a private room, so he checked out.

Not looking good for his rep.

They say the plane made an emergency landing at MLI, he went to hospital, got the save shot, he couldn't get a private room, so he checked out.

Not looking good for his rep.

His rep will still be intact if this turns out to be true. You could say that he was killed by the Jimi Hendrix Experience. :mrgreen:

His rep will still be intact if this turns out to be true. You could say that he was killed by the Jimi Hendrix Experience. :mrgreen:

He was a talented guy, not my musical taste, but I have deep respect for the guy, and the creative control he had, not an easy thing to do, especially at Warner Brothers....

Funny thing is, most of my favorite rockers have died of natural causes..go figure

He was a talented guy, not my musical taste, but I have deep respect for the guy, and the creative control he had, not an easy thing to do, especially at Warner Brothers....

Funny thing is, most of my favorite rockers have died of natural causes..go figure

Most of my favorites died at the age of 27. At least Prince was able to avoid that curse.

Most of my favorites died at the age of 27. At least Prince was able to avoid that curse.

I lost Zappa to cancer, Zevon to cancer, Beefheart to MS, Nilsson to heart disease (though his lifestyle hastened it), and so many more.

Heck, I've outlived Jesus, Elvis and Michael Jackson.....winning.

I lost Zappa to cancer, Zevon to cancer, Beefheart to MS, Nilsson to heart disease (though his lifestyle hastened it), and so many more.

Heck, I've outlived Jesus, Elvis and Michael Jackson.....winning.

That's nothing. I've outlived dirt. LOL.

I'll never outlive Keith Richards, though. :mrgreen:

That's nothing. I've outlived dirt. LOL.

I'll never outlive Keith Richards, though. :mrgreen:

Read his autobiography, its fascinating. Although Hunter S. Thompson is the true survivor of the chemical lifestyle.

Read his autobiography, its fascinating. Although Hunter S. Thompson is the true survivor of the chemical lifestyle.

Not really. He ended up blowing his brains out.

Not really. He ended up blowing his brains out.

Yeah, but the density of drugs divided by the number of years is a statistic that very few people could ever survive. He found out he had cancer and decided to end it while he was still competent.

I think a more compelling stat is that many music stars have died at the age of 27. Of course this does not include Prince, who still died way too young. May he rest in peace.

Saturn Return years.

But he was found dead in a park, right? I would've expected him to be in a hospital if that were the case.

But then again, it is Prince.

Paisley Park is his studio.

I just got an email from a friend of mine.....to wit:

"Some guy named PRINCE died today

Sorry for him ... but what’s with all the wall-to-wall coverage on TV? Obama issued a sympathetic statement ... something he forgot to do for the soldiers and police offices killed in the line of duty, and that poor young girl shot on the streets of SF by an illegal alien.

We are going to be hearing about this for a while ... just tell me who this guy was that he gets such attention."

Oh for Christ sake's Mickey.

If you don't know who Prince was, crawl out from under your rock.

Last edited:
Oh for Christ sake's Mickey, shut up.

If you don't know who Prince was, crawl out from under your rock.

I very well know who Prince was. But, he doesn't rise to the level of a god.......What's your problem?

I very well know who Prince was. What's your problem?

I see you couldn't resist taking a shot at Obama over Prince dying and him *gasp* reacting to it. There's a shock.

My problem is that I don't like you. Not one bit.

Yeah, you got an email from "your friend." And you felt compelled to share it, for whatever reason.

Your friend is either culturally illiterate or a moron. Pick one.

I see you couldn't resist taking a shot at Obama over Prince dying and him *gasp* reacting to it. There's a shock.

I didn't write the email....I just received it and passed it on........

But, now that you brought it up, why not take a shot at obama?......he's an asshole.

Back
Top Bottom