• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Poll Report on COVID issues. Let's read it and discuss

Are you Duece?

So, you believe - you know, in fact, that people always reveal their true self in surveys and polls?

If you don’t trust these survey respondents to reveal their true sentiments then what was the point of posting it?

If you don't get that a motive like not trusting a vaccine that was rushed to the market, could be reinforced by the childish behavior of people who insist that the mistrusting person get vaccinated, then you do not understand human nature.

I understand the logic of it, I just don’t agree that’s what is happening. These people had anywhere between 6 to 8 months to get vaccinated.

I recommend you get out from behind the keyboard more.

I provided links for my claims about who is and isn't vaccinated.

You posted a survey to support your arguments and now you want us to ignore the survey when I point out that it contradicts one of your arguments?

Until you do the same, I will ignore your assertions about it.

Please…Don’t… Stop….how will I ever get through this….I don’t know if I can handle you ignoring my assertions.

Not answering for Edwin but giving my take.

This report identified several reasons that unvaccinated gave for not vaxxing. Most can be summarized as safety and/or trust, that is to say that don't trust the shot is safe and don't trust the folks who say it is.

I don't think anyone said "because vaxx insisters are jerks to me."

But I do believe the incessant smugness, condescension, and hostility shown by vaccine advocates has galvanized by that mistrust. If they are already distrustful of Fauci, CDC, WHO, FDA, etc., then are attacked and censored how would we expect them to react?

They are not likely to likely to think, 'Uh oh! When I said that the vaccine hasn't been around long enough to know it's long term effects, some posters on a political forum said I was an idiot and then Facebook fact checked my post! That does it! I changed my mind. I'm getting the shot today."

People don't work that way.

"But I do believe the incessant smugness, condescension, and hostility shown by vaccine advocates has galvanized by that mistrust. If they are already distrustful of Fauci, CDC, WHO, FDA, etc., then are attacked and censored how would we expect them to react?"

You practically characterize vax advocates as worse than those against the vax, whom go around spreading a deadly disease as if they have legit reason for declining what without doubt saves while. You imply pro-vaxxers are partially causal in others resisting vax, and get defensive for what you say are them being "attacked and censored" for what, really, was speaking out against their spreading lies and mis/disinformation about getting vaxxed. What I and I think others expect is that they react reasonably to the logic and science of the matter and get vaxxed, rather than wait as they do to get the virus then recommend vax when they have a come-to-Jesus moment before they die for having been so ignorant and stupid up until then.

People die that way.

If you don’t trust these survey respondents to reveal their true sentiments then what was the point of posting it?

I understand the logic of it, I just don’t agree that’s what is happening. These people had anywhere between 6 to 8 months to get vaccinated.

You posted a survey to support your arguments and now you want us to ignore the survey when I point out that it contradicts one of your arguments?

Please…Don’t… Stop….how will I ever get through this….I don’t know if I can handle you ignoring my assertions.
You are making false assumptions about why I posted that survey. Never did I way that it supports my arguments.

Luckily, I explained why I posted it in the very first post of this thread, so you can understand your mistake in a jiffy:

It's from the "COVID States Project" about which I know nothing, I just found them on Google.

It appears to be from a valid sample, based on the fact that they vaxxed/unvaxxed percentages track with what we are hearing on the news about those percentages.

I think some of the results are interesting, especially how different the opinions of the vaxxed are compared to the unvaxxed, but I don't want to start the thread by dissecting it.

I look forward to some intellectual discussion!

Just wondering if you realize the massive irony here?

The folks NOT getting the vax are not living in fear at all. The folks that are demanding everyone get a jab are the ones in fear - OMG the sky is falling! You must comply, resistance is futile!

I'm not antivax at all, but if you are concerned, get the vax and stay out of other's personal choices. If someone gets sick and didn't get the vax, why should you care?
This all works fine if the result of non vaccinated people didn't mean causing shortages in hospital beds. So if the unvaccinated chose to not go to hospitals when they get critically ill, then one could argue they're suffering the consequences of their decision, but if they're not then they're expecting other to be at risk for something which could have been prevented earlier.

You are making false assumptions about why I posted that survey. Never did I way that it supports my arguments.

Luckily, I explained why I posted it in the very first post of this thread, so you can understand your mistake in a jiffy:

Well, that's not true.

In your second post you made an argument based on the survey.

Well, that's not true.

In your second post you made an argument based on the survey.
I was commenting on a part of the survey that the other poster said invalidated my stance. So it wasn't using the survey to support my position.

Mistrust of the vaccine is clearly the most common and obvious reason for not wanting to take the vaccine in the first place. That's in the survey and I don't think anyone except looniest think that is not the main reason.

You seem to think that if I say that attacking people for their beliefs makes them less likely to change those beliefs, that is the same as saying "the ooooonly reason people don't get the vaccines is because pro-vaxxers are mean."

I never said that.

Which came first - the anti-vaxxer or the egg? You're claiming that their reluctance to get vaccinated is because of the criticism, but the criticism follows their unwillingness to get vaccinated !!
This report identified several reasons that unvaccinated gave for not vaxxing. Most can be summarized as safety and/or trust, that is to say that don't trust the shot is safe and don't trust the folks who say it is.

I don't think anyone said "because vaxx insisters are jerks to me."

But I do believe the incessant smugness, condescension, and hostility shown by vaccine advocates has galvanized by that mistrust. If they are already distrustful of Fauci, CDC, WHO, FDA, etc., then are attacked and censored how would we expect them to react?
A much better way to have put it.

Back
Top Bottom