• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Politico: House GOP takes another cut at food stamp bill

Unitedwestand13

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
House GOP takes another cut at food stamp bill - David Rogers - POLITICO.com

besides the obvious fact that some of the rules in this food stamp bill targets new york and California, how does cantor think that this bill's controversial cuts and provision will survive if the house goes into conference with the senate.

the senate and house variations of the farm bill are miles apart, not to mention that house separated the food stamp and farm subsidies were split into two separate bills, while the senate covers both issues in the same bill.

Lets see now, most people on food stamps are already working two jobs and still can't make ends meet which is why they rely on food stamps...and congress thinks they need to get another job? When will they have time to spend with and raise their kids?

Congress should be forced to spend a month in a poor single mother's shoes.

Unlike poor red states, New York and California pay more than their share in federal taxes than they get in return. If I were them, I'd say screw congress and only pay what the red states pay and use the extra money on their own states.

Unlike poor red states, New York and California pay more than their share in federal taxes than they get in return. If I were them, I'd say screw congress and only pay what the red states pay and use the extra money on their own states.

Why not get rid of the entitlements altogether?

I doubt that this will help the GOP win many elections.

"Republicans have been accused of abandoning the poor. It's the other way around. They don't vote for us." ~ Dan Quayle

Last edited:

That would put them in rebellion against the federal government and invite military intervention. Please see: Grant, Sherman, Sheridan, et al.eace

That would put them in rebellion against the federal government and invite military intervention. Please see: Grant, Sherman, Sheridan, et al.eace

The federal government is busy trying to force the red states to comply with federal law. Hows that working out?

Do you think the federal government wants to destroy their two biggest sources of revenue?

The federal government is busy trying to force the red states to comply with federal law. Hows that working out?

Do you think the federal government wants to destroy their two biggest sources of revenue?

Let them impede the flow of their tax receipts and you will witness a vigorous affirmative response.eace

That would put them in rebellion against the federal government and invite military intervention.
Please see: Grant, Sherman, Sheridan, et al.eace

Sometimes a state has to do what a state has to do.

I believe that Grant is resting in his tomb.

Why, so we can watch people beg for food on every corner?

No, so we can get rid of the which States are paying for what meme. Maybe it's time for families to return to supporting each other...

And the feds will do what they have to do. The threat of state resistance to federal power is ludicrous.eace

considering much of the infustructure and military is not state owned but owed to the federal government, the states who try to leave the union would find themselves bankrupt and powerless.

Let them impede the flow of their tax receipts and you will witness a vigorous affirmative response.eace
In theory, yes. But since conservatives are trying to abolish the IRS and dont like paying taxes themselves whose going to care if blue states only pay what the red states pay?

In theory, yes. But since conservatives are trying to abolish the IRS and dont like paying taxes themselves whose going to care if blue states only pay what the red states pay?

Those in the blue states that depend on government subsidies...

really?, and becuase they pay more in taxes, they also get more representation.

CA in the house has about 53 representatives. NY 27

WY has 1 representative.

Last edited:
No, so we can get rid of the which States are paying for what meme. Maybe it's time for families to return to supporting each other...

Maybe families already are and it's not enough.

When a single mom has to work two or three jobs and only brings in enough to pay the rent, utilities, child care, gas and still runs a deficit every month, then something is wrong with the system. What is the incentive to work if you make less at a job, than what it costs to put a child in daycare?

Or there's something wrong with the mom.

I would rather delve into the question of where the father might be, and why society is not concerned about it...

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…