• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Police union: Clinton snubbed us

Wow. I am major impressed with the Donalds's responses. He is far more state's right oriented than I gave him credit for.

Re-read the questions that he answered "states rights" to. How many of them feel like dodges?

Re-read the questions that he answered "states rights" to. How many of them feel like dodges?

Hillary dodged the whole thing entirely. That doesn't feel like a dodge - it is one.

"Hillary didn't fill out our paperwork! She's snubbing us!"

Surely a group of police officers has the investigative skills to determine where Hillary stands on various issues of concern.

Sure, you can tell by who was invited to speak at the convention.

IMO, to say that the President should not be involved in matters that should be the prerogative of the various states is a huge step in fixing a whole bunch of stuff in this country. Not a dodge at all, but I have been hoping for a President who would say that instead of a lot of political promotion stuff. I initially supported Ted Cruz because he was a strong states rights person. And now I'm happy to see the Donald taking that position too.

Hillary dodged the whole thing entirely. That doesn't feel like a dodge - it is one.

Maybe she just rolled her eyes when she read how loaded the questions were.

IMO, to say that the President should not be involved in matters that should be the prerogative of the various states is a huge step in fixing a whole bunch of stuff in this country. Not a dodge at all, but I have been hoping for a President who would say that instead of a lot of political promotion stuff. I initially supported Ted Cruz because he was a strong states rights person. And now I'm happy to see the Donald taking that position too.

Yeah but in other "states rights" questions he was happy to answer that he'd support such legislation.

Even the one where a federal law would override state concealed carry requirements.

Use the second link and you will see the questionnaire question followed by an "a" - Trump's responses.
Thanks. Rushing to find links and completely missed that.

Rest assured that Hillary would have to dump on BLM to get that union's support.

That is what happens when you are the party of pander.
At some point you have to pander to people that your other pander groups
Don't like.

Maybe she just rolled her eyes when she read how loaded the questions were.

She never read the questions. You and I both know it. Some minion read 'em and didn't recommend she respond - based on the value of potential FOP campaign contributions. Plus, as some others have pointed out, it required a written response. However, to put a spin on it for ya, Trump's responses are good for a day. He can change his mind in a moment. Hillary's are good forever.

That is what happens when you are the party of pander.
At some point you have to pander to people that your other pander groups
Don't like.

Yep, then it is a simple matter of pandering to the larger group.

Yeah but in other "states rights" questions he was happy to answer that he'd support such legislation.

Even the one where a federal law would override state concealed carry requirements.

IF if was passed by a bipartisan Congress. He rightfully sees it the responsibility of Congress to pass legislation at the federal level, and much that Congress and the President would make federal business he rightfully sees aw the prerogative of the states. I am seeing a man that wants laws that are necessary and work for the common good and not just for some special interest or politically correct notion. And he sees it as the President's job to see that the laws Congress passes are implemented. That would be a hugely welcome change from what we have had.

Some slanted questions there.

In the questionnaire? I guess that's what you're talking about since I didn't ask any. If that's what you're talking about then I would have to ask...Why wouldn't they be? They're trying to determine who would best suit their own concerns. Don't you do the same? Doesn't anyone?

Thank you for the second link. As I suspected, the "Criminal Justice Issues" section is considerably different from that given to Obama years before. I wording omits "Black Lives Matter" but it certainly seems targeted to them. For Clinton, or any Democrat right now, that looks like a poison pill. Clinton was wise not to return that questionnaire.

Here's an excerpt:

Law enforcement is facing a high level of hostility from the communities we protect and
serve. Hateful rhetoric and those calling for violence are having an impact–ambush attacks
on law enforcement and police shootings have spiked tremendously in the past few years.
Fringe organizations have been given a platform by the media to convey the message that
police officers are a “militarized” enemy and it is time to attack that enemy. Social media
accounts are full of hatred and calls to target and kill police officers. The vitriol, the hateful
screeds and statements of those we are sworn to protect and defend, as well as public calls to
kill and injure police officers, are horrifying. There is a very real and very deliberate
campaign to terrorize our nation’s law enforcement officers and no one has come to our
defense. How will you and your Administration demonstrate support and commitment to our
nation’s law enforcement officers?

Seems pretty reasonable to me. Nothing stated there is untrue. And she should be asked that question. And she should answer.

In the questionnaire? I guess that's what you're talking about since I didn't ask any. If that's what you're talking about then I would have to ask...Why wouldn't they be? They're trying to determine who would best suit their own concerns. Don't you do the same? Doesn't anyone?

They're written in a classic push-poll format.

Seems pretty reasonable to me. Nothing stated there is untrue. And she should be asked that question. And she should answer.
The following is patently untrue: "There is a very real and very deliberate campaign to terrorize our nation’s law enforcement officers and NO ONE has come to our defense." Hillary did well to reject such a biased questionnaire.

And you know she can't do that.

Of course not. There are more votes for supporting dumb criminals who can't follow simple directions instead of law enforcement officers who risk their lives every day for people like her.

So what I stated and asked is irrelevant? You have no answer to them other than a dodge?

It's relevant to my previous statement about them being loaded questions.

Hillary understands polls if nothing else.

If any showed any real dialog with the Police Union..........she might lose 2 or 3 black votes.

Rest assured that Hillary would have to dump on BLM to get that union's support.

Nonsense. The FOP is union first, police second. All unions put the unions well-being above the members, above the organizations, and above the customers.

Back
Top Bottom