• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Police Say 6 Dead, at Least 9 Injured in Sacramento Shooting

Last edited:
Nope, because gun ownership has no impact on homicides from stabbings, poisonings or beatings.
Sure it does. Gun ownership can prevent homicides from stabbings or beatings.

Sure it does. Gun ownership can prevent homicides from stabbings or beatings.

From the OP:

“SACRAMENTO, Calif (AP) — Police in California say six people are dead and at least nine others have been injured after a shooting in downtown Sacramento.

The Sacramento Police Department says the shooting happened early Sunday morning.”

That definitely makes all the death better.

Somehow.

I guess.

Like mafia.
When I heard 'a large police presence will remain,' I thought the same thing. But not necessarily. They have no idea who the shooter(s) are, or even what started it. The area is full of bars and restaurants and the shooting extended over two blocks. It was 2 am, police were close by; they heard the shots and responded, but by then it was over, the shooter(s) gone. The fact that no one seems to be helping the police with any clues about the shooter(s) is why it sounds to me as if it could have been gang related.

I wonder why mass shootings get so much more attention than much bigger problems.

Like the mass deaths of 100,000 people who died last year from drug overdoses. There is no recognition among progressives that the drug trade fuels much of the violent crime in this county. Most of the people committing this mayhem are either minors or convicted felons, people who already are prohibited from possessing firearms. The progressive solution: disarm the law-abiding public, leaving them defenseless against criminals who we know won’t be standing in line to turn in their guns.

From the OP:

“SACRAMENTO, Calif (AP) — Police in California say six people are dead and at least nine others have been injured after a shooting in downtown Sacramento.

The Sacramento Police Department says the shooting happened early Sunday morning.”

I bet you thought that was relevant to my comment. That's cute.

It's even possible the shooter is among the victims.

It's even possible the shooter is among the victims.

Not unless they shot themselves, suffered a ricochet or there was more than one shooter. IIRC, there were reports of people seeing the shooter leaving the scene.

You can‘t use a tool which is not accessible.

You don't need to carry a gun around with you for it to be "accessible."

But your comment begs the question: why don't more gun owners carry when out in public?

Not unless they shot themselves, suffered a ricochet or there was more than one shooter. IIRC, there were reports of people seeing the shooter leaving the scene.
I haven't run across that one yet. A press conference would be good. I have to keep reminding myself it's only 9 am there, and a Sunday.

“Police provided few details about the circumstances surrounding the shooting…”

Maybe I can call the Sacramento PD and offer one of those details: there are way too many guns in America.

Only took 3 posts for this to surface.

You honestly think that if there were "fewer" guns someone who wants to shoot up a downtown area will say "Well, guess I won't do that....can't find a gun" ?

Recognizing a problem is the first step to curing it. Otherwise, I hope you really like stories about mass shootings, because the more flooded with guns this country becomes, the more it’s gonna happen.

Guns have always been here.

Mass shooting haven't.

Gun's are not the issue.

You might try getting off the left wing talking points and thinking about what you say.

No it doesn’t. It assumes that as a population has greater access to firearms, more opportunities for firearm-related deaths will happen.

Only in this country is this considered a controversial statement.

Yes, when did we repeal gun control laws ?

Ooops.....everyone has access (and always have had access) to lots of firepower.

It was, and you know why.

Honestly, I don't, because it almost certainly wasn't. But I'm sure you're not going to explain it.

One more silly anti-gun rant with zero reality. Progressive DA's across the country failing to carry out their responsibilities to protect citizens over and over. They will pay a price at the ballot box in November!!

No jaundiced view there.

Most police I know own lots of guns.

Guns have always been here.

Mass shooting haven't.

Gun's are not the issue.

You might try getting off the left wing talking points and thinking about what you say.

So condemning mass shootings is a left wing talking point. OK.

The percentage of guns in a country is directly proportional to the number of shootings it has.

It’s a funny world we live in when a statement this obvious is considered controversial.

You've got those statistics ?

Please post them.

What I dislike most about the left and some of these posters here is that they won't admit the truth. As you stated, anyone can say that there are too many guns. That's the easy way out. Ever hear them complain about a state that did a workaround the law "Use a gin; Go to prison" in Kalifornia because too many minorities were in prison for using a gun in a crime? Nope. Just wait until a WHITE person is involved in a mass shooting(s) and you will hear 24/7 coverage. But a gang shooting or minority killing several people, you get <chirp. chirp>.

How many leftists here will admit that they want ALL guns confiscated and even if they did, how do you get the criminals to turn theirs in?

I have no doubt this will give the victim's families closure and comfort.

View attachment 67383675
Now thats funny 😁

Back
Top Bottom