• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [3:30 PM CDT] - in 25 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Police declare riot on 84th night of protests, after vandalism at ICE building in Southwest Portland

Don't Tell me what I support because you either can't comprehend what you read... or you are just hung up on trying to get someone to swallow and follow your line of buzz word agenda .

If you don't like it so much, you are certainly free in every way to go and tell them, exactly ... how you feel.

(When you finish doing so, come back and tell us how that works out for you) We'll wait for your reply as to your personal results

And what do you think would happen if I did that? I would be met with violence. These people are thugs and you just proved it. Thanks :2wave:

And what do you think would happen if I did that? I would be met with violence. These people are thugs and you just proved it. Thanks :2wave:

The only way to truly find out... is: for you to go tell them.. what you think.

The only way to truly find out... is: for you to go tell them.. what you think.

You are the one defending these violent idiots. Ill just tell you what I think and you can pass it along if you like.

You are the one defending these violent idiots. Ill just tell you what I think and you can pass it along if you like.

I give you a perspective of who (white people), what motivates them (historical policy) and why(because they realize the historical racist based policies affect them too) .... and stated the fact that (white people will destroy stuff)... when their grievances are ignored .... Now you can call that whatever you want..

I've stated
a perspective and some facts.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________​

Seneca Cayson, who helped lead peaceful gatherings in downtown Portland, has mixed feelings. He feels white protesters who commit vandalism and taunt law enforcement are distracting from his message, but he also recognizes they are drawing attention to racial injustice in a way he could never do.

“It happens so much that the things that we care about get hijacked and get put on the back burner. And that just gets put into a big barrel with everything else,” said Neil Anderson, a Black business owner. “We all want the same thing. But so often we get drowned out.”

Black Lives Matter protests have reportedly silenced and drowned out the voice of Black residents in Portland, Oregon, as peaceful demonstrations continue to be hijacked by violent and predominantly White Antifa extremists, says a report. "Chaotic and often violent protests against racial injustice have topped the headlines for days, but lost in the shouting are the voices of many Black Portland residents themselves — and their feelings about the unrest are nuanced and diverse," the Associated Press reported on Monday.

According to AP, some feel the Black Lives Matter movement is being co-opted by "overwhelmingly White crowds of protesters — and particularly those committing vandalism."

Last edited:
I give you a perspective of who (white people), what motivates them (historical policy) and why(because they realize the historical racist based policies affect them too) .... and stated the fact that (white people will destroy stuff)... when their grievances are ignored .... Now you can call that whatever you want..

I've stated
a perspective and some facts.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________​

Seneca Cayson, who helped lead peaceful gatherings in downtown Portland, has mixed feelings. He feels white protesters who commit vandalism and taunt law enforcement are distracting from his message, but he also recognizes they are drawing attention to racial injustice in a way he could never do.

“It happens so much that the things that we care about get hijacked and get put on the back burner. And that just gets put into a big barrel with everything else,” said Neil Anderson, a Black business owner. “We all want the same thing. But so often we get drowned out.”

I call it rioting and mob violence. Because thats what it is.

The will of the people will not be stomped on by the fascists pigs. This will continue until substantial change occurs.

Strange the majority of the fascist are currently out there destroying Portland.

I don't get it. Why try and continue this whole "fascist" shtick, when it failed to have any purchase in 2016?

None of you could prove it then, so what makes you think this wasted post of yours even comes close to doing so now?

The will of the people will not be stomped on by the fascists pigs. This will continue until substantial change occurs.

What is the change you're looking for and how much of it will you consider substantial?

What is the change you're looking for and how much of it will you consider substantial?

I don't think you're going to get an answer. Star appears to just want to call someone a fascist pig and then be done with it.

Of course things were dying down in Portland until Trump fanned the flames. Trump is getting exactly what he wanted, he couldn’t be happier.
What could Trump possible say that would cause people to destroy public and private property, loot, burn, and attack innocent people? Are you that easily triggered?

What does that last question have to do with Portland police department declaring a riot?

It just seems that you people are for the constitution and states rights until you're not. The President is not a king. The President doesn't have the ability or the authority to require the states to enforce their laws in a certain way or to push aside the local law enforcement authorities. The DHS is not to be used as his or her personal militia. There are no federal statutes they are enforcing by engaging with these protesters. The protection of federal property is being used as a ruse to interfere with these protesters 1st Amendment rights and to violate their 4th Amendment rights. There already exists a federal law enforcement entity charged with the responsibility of protecting federal courthouses and that's the US Marshals.

I would guess Oregon Revised Statue 133 covers defining that authority, but IANAL.

133 is not a statute. It's a volume of statutes. And don't have to be a lawyer to find a pertinent statute. You just need to be able to read and know how to conduct basic searches.

ORS 166.015¹ Riot would appear to the relevant statute and it all has to say about it is this;

(1)A person commits the crime of riot if while participating with five or more other persons the person engages in tumultuous and violent conduct and thereby intentionally or recklessly creates a grave risk of causing public alarm.

(2)Riot is a Class C felony. [1971 c.743 §218]

Nothing about the declaring a riot. Although 5 or 6 unruly people wouldn't appear to be all that much of a riot really Heck, I've attended family, house and birthday parties that could've met that definition of a riot.

133 is not a statute. It's a volume of statutes. And don't have to be a lawyer to find a pertinent statute. You just need to be able to read and know how to conduct basic searches.

ORS 166.015¹ Riot would appear to the relevant statute and it all has to say about it is this;

Nothing about the declaring a riot. Although 5 or 6 unruly people wouldn't appear to be all that much of a riot really Heck, I've attended family, house and birthday parties that could've met that definition of a riot.

Yes, ORS 133 (in part) defines peace officer and states their authority, which is why I cited that, not 166.015. 166.015 has nothing to do with authority to enforce laws, so why you even mentioned it is baffling.

It just seems that you people are for the constitution and states rights until you're not. The President is not a king. The President doesn't have the ability or the authority to require the states to enforce their laws in a certain way or to push aside the local law enforcement authorities. The DHS is not to be used as his or her personal militia. There are no federal statutes they are enforcing by engaging with these protesters. The protection of federal property is being used as a ruse to interfere with these protesters 1st Amendment rights and to violate their 4th Amendment rights. There already exists a federal law enforcement entity charged with the responsibility of protecting federal courthouses and that's the US Marshals.

Again, what does any of this have to do with Portland police declaring a riot?

Of course things were dying down in Portland until Trump fanned the flames. Trump is getting exactly what he wanted, he couldn’t be happier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pretending they were dying down after almost two months of rioting is just pathetic. Let’s see your proof.

You mean till people go against the constitution and state laws by rioting and looting. Yea I can’t imagine why people would be against that.

Just fyi as you obviously don’t know but you don’t have a right to riot or loot and the federal government does not need a state’s permission to prevent federal buildings from being destroyed.

But I guess in pretend land you can just pretend burning down federal buildings is a constitutionally protected right. I mean why not if we are just making things up.

So somewhere between 100 - 200 people (OP source.)

Look on the bright side, several months ago this was in the thousands or more when these protests were about another matter but this is seemingly about ICE.

Perhaps in a few months this will look more like the 'we are the 99%' occupier movement, where eventually there were just a few tents left in public parks for those who's parents kicked them out permanently.

There are still plenty of tents in under passes and on bike paths in Portland. But at any rate, those are the same people from the occupy BS. Its the same anarchist BS from the same groups in Portland.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I understand that those on the left keep wanting to say this, but it's pretty irrational. The nightly rampages were going strong when DHS moved additional officers in to protect a handful of federal properties in the city. They've pulled some of those out, and the rampages are continuing.

Back
Top Bottom