• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pence Heckled

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Heckled by Christians...lol

One of the hecklers later told CNN that she interrupted Pence "because he's a traitor," presumably referring to Pence's role in validating the 2020 election results during Congress' certification vote on January 6. Pence has previously been criticized by Trump for proceeding with the certification, which took place after Trump-aligned protesters stormed the US Capitol, including some who threatened to "Hang Mike Pence."

When you sleep with dogs, Mike, you gonna wake up with fleas.

I saw the clip. Pence wasn’t visibly bothered in the least. At least ol’ Mike quit bobbing his head…..

Mike Pence is a good guy and a class act...

From the O/P's source:

"Despite facing ongoing criticism from Trump over his refusal to back the former president's unconstitutional ploy to overturn the 2020 election outcome, Pence weaved praise of his former boss into his remarks. At one point, he said it was "the greatest honor of my life" to serve as vice president alongside Trump.
"President Trump taught us what Republicans can accomplish when we stand firm on conservative principles and don't back down," he said. "In 48 months, the Trump-Pence administration achieved the lowest unemployment, the most secure border and the strongest military in the history of the world."

From the O/P's source:

"Despite facing ongoing criticism from Trump over his refusal to back the former president's unconstitutional ploy to overturn the 2020 election outcome, Pence weaved praise of his former boss into his remarks. At one point, he said it was "the greatest honor of my life" to serve as vice president alongside Trump.
"President Trump taught us what Republicans can accomplish when we stand firm on conservative principles and don't back down," he said. "In 48 months, the Trump-Pence administration achieved the lowest unemployment, the most secure border and the strongest military in the history of the world."
……and then the wheels came off!

Gotta give Pence credit, someone metaphorically throws a tomatoe, he just wipes it off and plods on.

From the O/P's source:

Poor Pence still can't see through Trump's whole lying con-man schtick. Unemployment... briefly, a bubble about to burst anyway when the pandemic hit, actually for Trump a welcome distraction. No wonder he did nothing against the pandemic, its presence obscured his failures.

Gotta give Pence credit, someone metaphorically throws a tomatoe, he just wipes it off and plods on.
Amazing. It's like, is he that greedy or just that stupid? I honestly can't tell.

Poor Pence still can't see through Trump's whole lying con-man schtick. Unemployment... briefly, a bubble about to burst anyway when the pandemic hit, actually for Trump a welcome distraction. No wonder he did nothing against the pandemic, its presence obscured his failures.
I think Pence sees through, he just doesn’t care. In for a penny……..

But if you will notice, he praised Trump policy, needing not to mention Trump's failings as a human being. I feel the same as Pence does about their policy together when together as a team.

Good lord the christians want to hang mike. And these folks want to run america? Scary.
Christians, by the thousands, formed some of the worst mobs in the history of man. So, yes. It is in character, unfortuantely.

But if you will notice, he praised his policy, not Trump's failings as a human being. I feel the same as Pence does about their policy together when together as a team.
Do you think Pence has a chance to be the nominee?

Do you think Pence has a chance to be the nominee?

No. Not unless he says he was wrong to legally do his job by confirming the vote but even then, I don't think he would get the nomination.

From the O/P's source:

He really screwed the country by not publicly and clearly affirming that he would not be bowing to Trump's wishes weeks before 1/6.

He really screwed the country by not publicly and clearly affirming that he would not be bowing to Trump's wishes weeks before 1/6.

I agree that this was wrong if he truly knew Trump lost the vote. Wasn't he waiting for the recounts to be finished?

I agree that this was wrong if he truly knew Trump lost the vote. Wasn't he waiting for the recounts to be finished?
I believe Pence went by the book clear through 1-6. And, for that he deserves at least some accolades. However, his behavior since then has been laughable, and he is now paying the price for trying to have his cake and eat it too.

No. Not unless he says he was wrong to legally do his job by confirming the vote but even then, I don't think he would get the nomination.

If he said he was wrong to legally do his job and got the nomination would you vote for him?

That's a start. Do you imagine a Republican getting the nomination who says that Pence was right to do his job? What about a Republican who says straight out Trump Lost? It seems right now only Trump loyalists are seen as possibilities.

Heckled by Christians...lol

When you sleep with dogs, Mike, you gonna wake up with fleas.
Pence served a man interested in only serving himself. Pence had to see red flags in Trump’s personal behavior and statements, but he ignored it all because he cared more about his own political ambitions. Trump and Pence are similar in many ways. Their relationship was based on mutual exploitation of one another for power. Now Pence needs to face reality, his career is over. Trump supporters hate him, and the sane Never Trump republicans see him for the coward he is. Pence screwed himself by making excuses for Trump’s dangerous behavior and rhetoric, and that’s where he belongs in history. He doesn’t belong in the White House, and, frankly, I don’t care if he is heckled the rest of his life.

I saw the clip. Pence wasn’t visibly bothered in the least. At least ol’ Mike quit bobbing his head…..
I laughed when he said, “I am a Christian first.”

Then he is a Republican, and third an American. Well, I am not going to vote for a president who will put his religion and political party above the country and constitution.

The left hates Pence and his Christian values almost as much as they hate Trump.

I think Pence sees through, he just doesn’t care. In for a penny……..
That’s what I think. He doesn’t care if he is hatred. It’s a very Trumpian attitude. It’s the flippant dismissal of norms and decency like this that allows Gatez to keep campaigning and playing victim despite the serious legal investigation. These people are entitled and expect power with no accountability or responsibility.

I agree. There is so much denial about the dangers Trump posed. They can’t face reality because they’re scared cowards.

Back
Top Bottom