• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pence Heckled

OH no, he was sailing right along with his genius until CHINA released the virus.
I’m honestly trying to understand what policies Trump supporters loved so much. He immediately got into office and started bragging about how great America was simply because he became the president. He gave a speech about American carnage, then he’s bragging about it’s the greatest country and the greatest economy ever. His only economic policies where his tax cuts and trade wars and if middle-class Americans think that that benefited them, they aren’t paying attention.

don't be mad because Trump speaks the truth.
Which part of that BS was "the truth"? People that dislike Trump....the man and the policies are not "mad" and not "haters" Try to find better arguments.

If one had a choice for a next door neighbor and the options were either Pence or Trump which would be the pick of most?

I definitely would pick Pence. We may have different political ideas but so do some of my family and I get along with them. I think I may have more in common with Pence in that we both have had sons serve in the military and neither of us appear to appreciate the Kardashian type celebs.

Pence just bought a $1.9 mil. house and its likely he needs lots of security and if no one is tearing down his door for speaking engagements, he gotta take what he can get and get the money and run to look for the next set.
His Political Career is over, it was over before Jan. 6th.... Not all Republicans fell under the Trump spell; although some can't bear to think of leaving a party that supports the "party of white people', they look for business connections, investment capital and they look for donors for any cause they can conjure up. People seem to forget the white nationalist Steve Bannon and his public swindle of Right Wingers and Republicans. Or the Trump swindle over 4 yrs and the mass swindle after he lost the election.

Trump was never going to share any of that money with Pence, whether he had engaged treasonous by not certifying the election.
There's two phases to these people ... Phase One = MONEY and Phase Two = POWER and its a no holes barred and no act too egregious.
they don't care about Character or Dignity... they think money can buy the pretense of it. They are 100% convinced of that after the amassing of the Cult under Trumpism... its was like having a person "money tree"... share it with belligerence and the money falls like acorns, and they rake it in.

Money give them the feelings of being authoritarian's over those who have devoted themselves to be scammed and shammed... all the donors wants is some red meat thrown to them in the form of belligerence, that feeds their need to attack something.

The Evangelicals were overtly exposed, but none cared because they already knew they played a public pretense sham, because it was lucrative.
Pence can post a few picture of his house and surrounding himself with some expensive material things, and they will show up like those green flies when one is trying to clean fish.

Mike Pence is a good guy and a class act...

From the O/P's source:

"Despite facing ongoing criticism from Trump over his refusal to back the former president's unconstitutional ploy to overturn the 2020 election outcome, Pence weaved praise of his former boss into his remarks. At one point, he said it was "the greatest honor of my life" to serve as vice president alongside Trump.
"President Trump taught us what Republicans can accomplish when we stand firm on conservative principles and don't back down," he said. "In 48 months, the Trump-Pence administration achieved the lowest unemployment, the most secure border and the strongest military in the history of the world."
Shows he's a good liar like any politician. Did they chant hang Mike Pence like they did on Jan. 6?

Read and learn, or stay in denial. The choice is yours.
I am a tax accountant. Are you comfortable with these tax cuts being the biggest giveaway to billionaires in the history of this country? Amazon is paying zero income tax. Meanwhile Social Security and Medicaid are on the verge of bankruptcy and will bankrupt in my lifetime.

That's a start. Do you imagine a Republican getting the nomination who says that Pence was right to do his job? What about a Republican who says straight out Trump Lost? It seems right now only Trump loyalists are seen as possibilities.
"loyalists" JMR, you are very kind.

Why do you insist on calling conclusions that differ from yours "hate"....
His policies were unpopular with a wide majority of the public. None of them were "winning"

Why do you insist on correcting me? I've read Trump hate for the last five years, and it's ongoing...

Must be why 53% of Americans approved of Trump's job with the economy and that was at the height of the pandemic.

Sounds winning to me...

Major problem for who?
For minorities and immigrants being targeted by Donald Trump and the white supremacist that he incited on January 6. It’s an absolute joke for you to bring up Obama as if he’s equal to Trump. Obama didn’t say we needed more immigrants from non-white countries because white people live in shit holes. Obama was accused of being a secret Muslim, the founder of Isis, and falsely claiming to be born American according to Trump, but Obama didn’t run on banning Christian immigrants from Christian countries.

I saw the clip. Pence wasn’t visibly bothered in the least. At least ol’ Mike quit bobbing his head…..
After four years of constant straight faced lying for Trump, I wouldn’t be surprised if Pence doesn’t even blink anymore.

he's like Tweety with a brain.

Since you don't like racists, how come you condone Biden's?
And what will you do with those pesky peeps who are a major problem? Lob more sticks and stones type banter?
I think you’re a bigot and so I refuse to sit here and let you lecture me about the subject. Biden has made some really dumb comments, but the comments I’ve seen you make I’ve been far uglier and far worse.

Mike Pence is a good guy and a class act...

From the O/P's source:

"Despite facing ongoing criticism from Trump over his refusal to back the former president's unconstitutional ploy to overturn the 2020 election outcome, Pence weaved praise of his former boss into his remarks. At one point, he said it was "the greatest honor of my life" to serve as vice president alongside Trump.
"President Trump taught us what Republicans can accomplish when we stand firm on conservative principles and don't back down," he said. "In 48 months, the Trump-Pence administration achieved the lowest unemployment, the most secure border and the strongest military in the history of the world."
Is it a sign of class when you suck up to a guy who literally sicced a mob on you because you wouldnt do an illegal thing?

Do ‘good guys’ just pretend that their boss didnt incite an insurrection that led to several deaths and directly caused injuries to dozens of peace officers?

Good guy and class act my ass.

They will never admit he had winning policies. Too much hate.
To which winning policies do you refer? I remember the tax cuts, building the wall, (unfinished) and undoing everything Obama did. Were there others?

Yeah, the way many harshly berate Christians, this may true. Funny how they condone a devout, practicing Christian like Biden for their president.
No president should berate or attack any religious group because we have a freedom to practice any religion we want in this country. With that being said, Trump was a horrible leader for targeting the religious groups he did.

Despite this reception Pence thinks he has a chance to be president in 2024. If the trumpers don't like you, you're not going to be president.
The primary could be interesting or terrifying. I think the GOP will be worse, more Trumpian, and more victimized.

The primary could be interesting or terrifying. I think the GOP will be worse, more Trumpian, and more victimized.
Could they possibly act more victimized than they are now?

I'm pretty representative of the middle class, and I had a substantial tax increase due to Trump's slashing rates for billionaires.
I used to itemize my deductions, but because Trump doubled the standard deduction and eliminated the personal exemption, I lost nearly 6,000 in deductions. My itemize deductions typically fell in the range that he increased the standard deduction to, so I lost a ton of money because of that personal exemption elimination.

I laughed when he said, “I am a Christian first.”

Then he is a Republican, and third an American. Well, I am not going to vote for a president who will put his religion and political party above the country and constitution.
I can't imagine what day to day life, ability to sleep would be like if I sold my soul like Pence has

Why do you insist on correcting me? I've read Trump hate for the last five years, and it's ongoing...

Must be why 53% of Americans approved of Trump's job with the economy and that was at the height of the pandemic.

Sounds winning to me...
Since you repeat the statement that those who disliked Trump's policies over and over and over again are "haters" you require a little correction. Ongoing criticism of Trump in any category is classified as "hate" by you. Trump inherited an economy that was expanding and there was little he could do to **** it up. But Trump knew he could keep his POWER, which is all he cared about, by cutting taxes for the rich, and appointing judges for the far right, and throwing rallies where he could display behavior that would get a middle schooler suspended. So reconsider your need for a bit of correction about the label "hater" that you throw out constantly.

Back
Top Bottom