• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pelosi rejects Jordan, Banks for Jan. 6 committee

It's only an "obvious partisan and politically biased investigation" because the GOP turned it into so.
Really? Because I thought the clue was when Democrats gave themselves 60% more members on the committee and set the rules to benefit them. But, I guess GOP bad works too...

By that logic we would have to disqualify all of Congress from being on the committee. We don't know if any of them were involved in this alleged plot. We can't clear anyone before we have an investigation.
That may well be the stupidest post you've ever made. All of congress should be disqualified because we don't know if any of them were in on the plot! So you think democrats were in on the plan to stop the steal? Really? I guess Biden didn't want to be president so he plotted with the proud boys and the oathkeepers to prevent himself from taking office?
Sounds plausible. /s

Oh my. the delusion has set in.
Yes, the delusion of the media you posted - referring to the call with Raffensperger which once the full audio was provided, Pelosi pulled the charge of pressuring GA SoS from the impeachment articles. It was bogus from the start. Just like the claim Trump wanted Pence to 'overthrow the election'. No - it is about getting to the bottom of what happened on 11/3. If Biden won, so be it. But no amount of the lying media spinning for Biden will overcome the obvious - a guy who couldn't get more than a 100 people to show at his campaign events somehow defeated a guy who was getting SRO crowds all over the country? Nuh uh - lets do some real audits and see if that really happened.

It doesn't take a genius to figure it out-------EVERYONE should want to prevent another Jan. 6th
Then we need more legislation to prevent voter fraud. Easier to vote but harder to cheat. 👍

The only 'crystal ball' is nothing more than the track record that Pelosi has established, past performance being a good predicter of future performance.

Agreed, a disruption of congress. Not an insurrection, not sedition, not an attempted coup. No attempted at usurping control of the government once they were in the building itself.

Meh. This is assuming that there wasn't a predisposition of the rioters to take the actions that they did. Not saying there was, and not saying there wasn't. I'm saying no one appears to have asked what would be a fair question to ask.

And it is, by the FBI and the DOJ, and the criminal cases are being appropriately handled in that manner. What also needs to be investigated were all possible security and decision failures which set the security posture at the capitol. This is where this congressional committee should focus. From my view, rather unlikely, given the established track record called out above.

Yes, but this is where I fear Pelosi and the House democrats are going to let you down bigly.

They are fighting what is obviously going to be a partisan political and politically biased investigation, see established track record above.

Agreed, a disruption of congress, a mob, a riot.
Not an insurrection, not sedition, not an attempted coup. No attempted at usurping control of the government once they were in the building itself.

Do please stop with the exaggerated, politically and partisan driven hyperbole.

The FBI and other DoJ aspects of the investigations are focused on the criminality of what happened. Those investigations are being conducted in private.

The congressional investigation is meant to focus on what happened, why it happened, what was the response, including its shortcomings, so that changes can be made. It is intended to be conducted in public for all to see, as the January 6th was an assault on the public.

The Republicans refuse to participate in this in a meaningful way. It is their job, on behalf of the American people. Instead of doing the serious work of the people, they play games. Exhibit One to that statement: Jim Jordan is not a serious man. His inclusion on the panel was an affront to the process. McCarthy should have appointed serious people.

Actually, McConnell should have endorsed the outside commission, which would have been the correct way to go about this.

Last edited:
Regardless of how you view this mess; by rejecting the offered GOP panel members, Pelosi may have sabotaged herself.....if all GOP members are removed from consideration, this will turn into a partisan shit show that will not further the investigation into 1/6.
No matter Pelosi's reasoning, her decision to reject Jordan and Banks, the two most high-profile Republicans put forward by McCarthy, prevents even the smallest possibility of the committee being perceived as bipartisan or its eventual findings being seen as impartial

This becomes fodder for mid term elections that places a serious unknown variable into the equation
I agree with every word of this.

Now McCarthy says that if Pelosi won’t reverse the decision, he won’t seat any Republicans…..
BWWAAAHAhahahahahahahaaaaa!

And she is still pushing the pretense that she wants an impartial, bipartisan, committee?
I do believe Liz Cheney is still on the committee sooooo.....

Yes, let's see the video! Why oh why has so much of the video not been seen?
Nah, the "rest of us" have seen VERY little of the available video. For some mysterious reason.

Why do you hate America and love traitors?

It was never going to be impartial, bipartisan. That's not what Pelosi and the Democrats want.

She dismissed Jordan because he was going to ask questions that she doesn't want answered.
She booted his dumbass because he was going to be a whiney, off-topic, derail troll much like many of the cons in here.

Where do you get the idea Pelosi was the head of Capitol security?

The Capitol police are specifying run by Congress itself. There were many reports that she or her office told officers to not come for what was a well publicized mass protest rally called for at the Capitol

Really? Because I thought the clue was when Democrats gave themselves 60% more members on the com
The Capitol police are specifying run by Congress itself. There were many reports that she or her office told officers to not come for what was a well publicized mass protest rally called for at the Capitol
Lets see the reports.

And the two fall guys were black prison guards who really couldn't fight their charges. I don't believe for one minute that he committed suicide. Besides the fact that even though he was supposed to be watched, they say he did not have what he needed to hang himself. Just one of many cover-ups from the Trump admin.

I admit I could be wrong about this as there is no evidence either way and no one seems interested enough in a pedophile pervert to care.
Why do you find it so hard to believe that a man with millions of dollars, homes all over the world, a personal jet plane, a yacht, all the women he wanted (although they were under age)
would kill himself at the prospect of losing it all to a long term of imprisonment? If he had been 25 years old with a future life after prison, that's one thing, but at Epstein's age he was going to die in prison, so why not end it all?

Chances at what? KM named 5 people to add to the committee, 2 of which she did not like enough to cause her to veto his choices. Now he is telling her she is on her own.

Now Democrats can put on an encore performance of the dog and pony show they put on during the impeachment. Staring some of the very same actors again.

Democratic Party new rules of due process, proof etc - to conduct a trial after the Defendant (Trump) was declared guilty by all Democrats in both houses of Congress, nearly all lawyers. Now they want to have evidentiary trial after losing the case. Welcome to Democratic progressive corporate-fascism justice.

Then we need more legislation to prevent voter fraud. Easier to vote but harder to cheat. 👍
Before one advocates for legislation (regulation), one must prove there is a problem. There is no known voter fraud of consequence, hence no problem, hence you are advocating for needless regulation. I don't know about you, but I thought conservatives did not believe in regulation, particular regulations that had no purpose?

I

Not her office. Sund said Security officials for the House and Senate.

I don't think people who oppose investigations understand what an investigation means. They think someone is given mind control power over them and they don't want that. But that's not what investigations are, are they. Investigations produce evidence and then we decide. I decide. Having looked at the evidence.

But some people think investigations are mind control and must be stopped. That's insane.
But, "some people" fear that their party and the former guy will be implicated in the insurrection by aiding, abetting and enabling it. McCarthy, et al, sold their souls to pursue power over the Constitution. That's it.

Before one advocates for legislation (regulation), one must prove there is a problem. There is no known voter fraud of consequence, hence no problem, hence you are advocating for needless regulation. I don't know about you, but I thought conservatives did not believe in regulation, particular regulations that had no purpose?

I
There will be "no known voter fraud of consequence" until the investigations are complete. These investigations should be encouraged by everyone.

I
Undoing the temporary Covid exceptions that are no longer needed to vote. Being pro active instead of reactive. Nothing wrong with that.

Back
Top Bottom