• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Paul Manofort found guilty of 8 counts of Fraud

You just spun it.
Trump chose Paul Manafort and Rick Gates to chair his election campaign. They were both crooks. But why stop there?

Manafort - found guilty 8 felony charges
Gates - plead guilty felony charges in a cooperation deal.
Michael Flynn - National Security Director - Plead guilty to felony charges
George Papadopolus - Campaign advisor - plead guilty to felony charges
Michael Cohen - Trumps long time personal attorney - plead guilty to 8 felony charges

And it's still ongoing nota bene. I suppose you'll have to keep spinning, until it stops. Hope you don't get too dizzy!

All these crooks on his campaign. It really makes the United States look bad. A person can cheat, lie, collude, and buy himself the presidency.

Maybe this was Trumps grand plan all along. Drain the corrupt into his campaign and send them to prison.
I like the way you think.

What part of these charges has anything to do with collusion or Trump?
Y’all don’t really think getting someone on tax fraud has anything to do with Trump.
But it looks like Mueller is trying to get a job for IRS, he’s good at prosecuting tax fraud, and we thought he was investigating Russian collusion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where's the collusion must be Fox New's latest talking point...

Trump is caught in his own web then. He was just named an un-indicted co-conspirator in a felony by Cohen for his payments to women he had affairs with.

The only thing I can think of now is how badly I feel for Barron. I hope Melania has her inner Mama Bear intact.

All these crooks on his campaign. It really makes the United States look bad. A person can cheat, lie, collude, and buy himself the presidency.

I feel it has been looking bad since month 3. A travesty after a year.. Traitorous after Helsinki this year. I see no bottom so far. No low they will not stoop to in defending him. Look at his supporters, they are not willing to condemn it, I find that far more disturbing. A few have braved into this thread to tepidly defend him, only to get rebuffed with damning facts...but that's just because they haven't gotten their marching orders from right wing media yet. Media controls the message, and they are on a different channel, sadly.

And then retroactively use the presidency to shelter the crimes used to get there. This cannot be allowed to stand and it's good to see progress being made.

Manafort's conviction pretty much ****-cans Trumps tired "witch hunt" argument.

Lock him up. Let him meet horny Lucky Louie in prison, and then he'll start singing about Trump.

In my mind's eye,I'm seeing a rather graphic scene from the movie "Deliverance.'

It's shameful and dangerous that such criminals are so close to the presidency. I don't think we can trust this administration or the judgement of our president if he surrounds himself with these kinds of people.
Paulie wouldn't last one night in Cook County Jail. Not one. And that's where he'll be tried in Chicago's jurisdiction, for the Banking Fraud if pursued at the State level. That Bank is located on Chicago's Near West Side, in Cook County.

Back in the day in Chicago, when young guys made stupid mistakes like getting caught in a hot car, at sentencing it was common enough for the defense to work-out a lounger "year and a day" sentence, in what might otherwise be a 6 or 8 month sentence! Why? Because any sentence of a year or less was served at the hell-hole that is Cook County Jail! Sentences over that were served in state prisons outside Chicago. So young guys would gladly serve a few extra months in Statesville in Joliet, rather than spend one more night in Cook County!

Before '73, it also was not uncommon to cut a deal to serve in 'Nam in lieu of a conviction. Yep, after spending a few nights in Cook County Jail awaiting trial or arraignment, many young guys figured they'd take their chances in the rice paddy's of South Vietnam, rather than face another day of the South & West Side inmate crews that ran County.

Maybe this was Trumps grand plan all along. Drain the corrupt into his campaign and send them to prison.

I said the same thing the other day....

Dear OP,

Don't you see the greater plan?

Trump hires all these scumbags, get's them thrown in prison, and drains the swamp that way!

Brilliant! [/sarcasm]

https://www.debatepolitics.com/general-political-discussion/328485-poll-most-americans-think-trump-doesnt-hire-best-people-2.html#post1068929370

Post #11.

Looks like the one who is "Draining the Swamp" is Mueller. Now its time to go after the main Swamp Thing

Mostly, I hear the words "collusion" coming from the mouth of DJT and his apologists.

BFD. Is collusion even illegal?

Everybody is yapping their pie-hole EXCEPT the man who matters. Mueller has upheld his longstanding reputation of professionalism and integrity. We don't have a clue what this is all about or where the investigation led. Collusion scm-lusion. Just another defensive tactic. Don't work. Better get creative.

LOL Collusion is also called CONSPIRACY and yes it is illegal. Trump was named a "co-conspirator" in a felony today.

So what form of government is a better option?

Hmmmm...I'm not sure why you're asking that, since nothing about what I said, or the post to which I replied, implies that there is a better option.

But as it happens, I do think there's a better option, albeit one that for now remains out of our grasp. Plato, I think, got it right with the notion of the philosopher-king--though I would not put philosophers as they exist today in charge, and I certainly don't think Plato got the details right at all. Essentially, though, if there were a reliable way to produce maximally wise and beneficent individuals who are completely incorruptible, having them in charge in a kind of supreme council or something would be ideal.

The main problem I see with our current government is that our constitution was written by men (incidentally, they were all men) who had an incorrect view of human beings, and who were living in conditions that no longer obtain. Human beings are not necessarily rational actors in a system with equal access to the information they need. Nor is it possible for a person to go into the wilderness and emerge with a fortune in pelts, gold, or other such resources, as it was when the constitution was written. And we've never adjusted sufficiently to contemporary conditions, or taken full account of what human beings are, with increasingly deleterious consequences.

The only thing I can think of now is how badly I feel for Barron. I hope Melania has her inner Mama Bear intact.

I think he is better off than Trumps other "children". Some of them are in legal jeopardy to put it mildly. Baron can change his last name to Melania's after the divorce. I feel sorry for those still named Trump.

America is a different country now, and Trump is not Nixon.

Your right Nixon was a crooked politician who dabbled in crime.

Trump is a criminal who is dabbling in crooked politics...

Regardless, he is Trump's Campaign Manager. And Gates is a Senior Transition Team member & Deputy Campaign Manager. Doesn't get much higher & closer than that.

Toss in Cohen, Flynn, Stone, and the rest of his jail-bird crowd, and America has every right to be sick of Trump's criminalistic way of doing business.

And Trump praises him! :doh

Don't you think enough is enough?

Manafort was campaign chair from June through August of 2016. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Manafort

You just spun it.
Trump chose Paul Manafort and Rick Gates to chair his election campaign. They were both crooks. But why stop there?

Manafort - found guilty 8 felony charges
Gates - plead guilty felony charges in a cooperation deal.
Michael Flynn - National Security Director - Plead guilty to felony charges
George Papadopolus - Campaign advisor - plead guilty to felony charges
Michael Cohen - Trumps long time personal attorney - plead guilty to 8 felony charges

And it's still ongoing nota bene. I suppose you'll have to keep spinning, until it stops. Hope you don't get too dizzy!

I've spun nothing. Wasn't Manafort being tried for illegal activities of over a decade ago? Or was he being tried for his activities as Trump's campaign chair?

Hmmm?

I think he is better off than Trumps other "children". Some of them are in legal jeopardy to put it mildly. Baron can change his last name to Melania's after the divorce. I feel sorry for those still named Trump.

I just see a boy with all the potential in the world with a father that insists on being an asshole bully intentionally in full view of everybody. Either he will be strong and resilient in spite if it or a sociopath that can justify any wrong he can or will do.

I hope Melania gets him the hell out .

LOL Collusion is also called CONSPIRACY and yes it is illegal. Trump was named a "co-conspirator" in a felony today.

TWO felonies, and Manafort! In a normal world, there would be a line of GOP Congressmen at the Oval office door telling Trump it's time to go time, but let's see what bizarroworld has in store..

TWO felonies, and Manafort! In a normal world, there would be a line of GOP Congressmen at the Oval office door telling Trump it's time to go time, but let's see what bizarroworld has in store..

I'm not sure about that, but I think his chances at a 2nd term are gone.

You mean members of the Trump election campaign who also happened to be criminals and committed their crimes previous to the 2016 campaign.

So Trump gets his "best people" out of police line-ups, eh? Pretty obvious the skill set that Trump values.

No matter how you spin it, this reflects very poorly on Trump's "leadership" and "management" skills, even in the oft chance that he also is not guilty of crimes.

Wait, Trump earned the "un-indiced co-conspirator" status today. Actually, he earned it in Oct 2016, but now we all know it.

Last edited:
I've spun nothing. Wasn't Manafort being tried for illegal activities of over a decade ago? Or was he being tried for his activities as Trump's campaign chair?

Hmmm?

The tax fraud charges were 2010 - 2014, one for each year.

The foreign account charges were 2011 - 2014, one for each year.

Bank fraud and bank fraud conspiracy (loans from Citizens Bank) were March 2016+.

Loans from BAC, 2016 and 2015.

Loans from FSB, four counts, late 2016 and early 2017.

Nothing from a decade ago.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...nafort-faces-18-criminal-counts-idUSKCN1L50VB

Back
Top Bottom