• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Patrick Lyoya, 26, was killed outside a house in Grand Rapids, Michigan. What do you think of it?

Patrick Lyoya, 26, was killed outside a house in Grand Rapids, Michigan. What do you think of it?

• That was NOT OK

Votes: 23 63.9%
  • That was quite OK

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • other

Votes: 10 27.8%

• Total voters
Pretty simple ------
If you don't want to get shot by the police :

1. Obey the law
2. Use common sense
3. be polite
Cause if you anger or frustrate the officer he will then have the right to summarily execute you.

Cause if you anger or frustrate the officer he will then have the right to summarily execute you.
So some members here see it.
Provided the officer is white and the person to be executed is black.
I am shocked that his mentality has survived.

Trained?
But this "training" seems to have no effect.
At times, no doubt. Former LEO Chauvin of Minneapolis was/is a prime example. Look where he is now for not adhering to his 'training.'

In fairness, on any platform where the median age is 20 years younger (almost every other platform I mean) this is unjustifiable. I've recently by chance had discussions with people who believe the world is controlled by a shadow cabal of jews. They're literally white supremacists. The strange thing is that it offends them to be told they are white supremacists for saying that white people are superior. So to those in this thread who think black people are animals: of course you're racist. I can live with it if you're not violent. Stop calling white people superior if your feelings are hurt by people noticing.

In fairness, on any platform where the median age is 20 years younger (almost every other platform I mean) this is unjustifiable. I've recently by chance had discussions with people who believe the world is controlled by a shadow cabal of jews. They're literally white supremacists. The strange thing is that it offends them to be told they are white supremacists for saying that white people are superior. So to those in this thread who think black people are animals: of course you're racist. I can live with it if you're not violent. Stop calling white people superior if your feelings are hurt by people noticing.
:(

What is the name of the LEO who killed Patrick Lyoya?
Is that name not yet known or is it kept secret?

You know what? When really comes right down to it, it shouldn't really matter what the color of the person being detained was or the cop was. Because a cop kneeling on top of someone who is prone face down to the ground and pulling his gun out and placing it point blank to the back of that person's head and pulling the trigger. That's just wrong. And wrong in a very sickening way. That cop is more of a danger to society than practically any criminal he might be pursuing.

No context in the original OP. I have no idea who he is.
Patrick Lyoya.
Half the world knows his name by now.
But in the US there are still lots who pretend not to know anything.
I am sure in due time they will learn.

You know what? When really comes right down to it, it shouldn't really matter what color of the person being detained or the cop was. Because a cop kneeling on top of someone who is prone face down to the ground and pulling his gun out and placing it point blank to the back of that person's head and pulling the trigger. That's just wrong. And wrong in a very sickening way. That cop is more of a danger to society than practically criminal he might be pursuing.
Of course the skin colour should not matter.
Unfortunately to many it does.
To too many still.

When really comes right down to it, it shouldn't really matter what the color of the person being detained was or the cop was.
I agree.
Look at the title I have given this tread:

Patrick Lyoya, 26, was killed outside a house in Grand Rapids, Michigan. What do you think of it?​

No mention of skin colour.

Some more info:

Patrick Lyoya​

Lyoya was a 26-year-old immigrant from the Democratic Republic of Congo who had been living in Grand Rapids for about five years prior to the shooting.[1]

Grand Rapids police department​

Relations between the public and the GRPD have been strained for years according to The New York Times, with the newspaper writing:[2]

Mr. Lyoya’s death was the latest in a series of incidents that have strained relations between residents and the Grand Rapids police. In 2017, officers searching for a middle-aged woman wanted for a stabbing instead handcuffed an 11-year-old girl at gunpoint while she was leaving a house. Those officers were not disciplined. Months prior, other Grand Rapids officers held five innocent teenagers at gunpoint. And in 2020, local outlets reported, an officer was suspended for two days after shooting a protester in the face with a gas canister.
The New York Times also explained that City of Grand Rapids survey data revealed that Black respondents held less trust in GRPD than White or Hispanic respondents.[2]

More about it:

Why is the name of that "LEO" still kept secret?
To protect this criminally incompetent officer?

What I still find strange:

This case has been news the world over all day.

But in the US too many still seem to have no idea or pretend to have no idea.

Do you know by now who Patrick Lyoya is - or was? :(

I already posted a reply to you that I think it doesn't look good for the cop.

When I am working, I'm working. They don't pay me to be on my cell phone or watching TV. They pay me to do a job. That is why I have never been fired from a job. The job comes before watching the news and posting on a message board.

Now that that is out of the way...

From watching the video... I don't think it looks too good for the cop at all.

Why is the name of that "LEO" still kept secret?
To protect this criminally incompetent officer?
I can answer this - I saw discussion early, the police scrubbed facts. You're not allowed to say the officer's name and the city deleted everything publicly available about him, according to multiple people who saw the story early when the name was still being spread. The city actively removed his existence and put him on paid leave. It's not to protect the officer, it's to protect the city. They're probably coaching the cop on how to claim self defense right now.

Nonsense.
No LE officer has the right to execute anyone.

Nonsense.
No LE officer has the right to execute anyone.
That's right. No LE officer does. But that is exactly what this LE officer did. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

The cop that shot him should be charged with some level of murder and sent to prison for quite a few decades at least.
That's a pretty dumb comment considering the circumstances. Dude started uncooperative, tried to run, fought with the police officer, and grabbed his taser. Seems like the officer shot him only at the point where he was nearly too exhausted to properly defend himself. Always the same bullshit from leftists on issues like this. Ya'll need to go step up and show everyone else how it's done right or sit down.

Back
Top Bottom