• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Patrick Lyoya, 26, was killed outside a house in Grand Rapids, Michigan. What do you think of it?

Patrick Lyoya, 26, was killed outside a house in Grand Rapids, Michigan. What do you think of it?

• That was NOT OK

Votes: 23 63.9%
  • That was quite OK

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • other

Votes: 10 27.8%

• Total voters
..."From my view of the video, Taser was deployed twice. Taser did not make contact," Winstrom told reporters. "And Mr. Lyoya was shot in the head. However, that's the only information that I have."

------------

The taser was out of ammo at the time that Patrick was shot in the back of the head. The officer obviously knew that if the police Chief can see it in the video. The officer kneeled on Patrick's back to subdue him and then executed him.

It is one thing to review a situation after the fact with plenty of time and no other pressures involved.

It is quite another thing to be in the midst of a struggle with someone reacting and counter-reacting in fight mode.

Kind of like Monday morning quarterbacking: "One who criticizes or passes judgment from a position of hindsight."

I say again, it's best to let the investigation proceed and await the outcome.

From my non-legal common sense view this was not OK but I am a person with no legal knowledge and I assume this case will go to civil trial. All I can say is that all suspects are innocent until found guilty by a court of LAW and that includes this officer.
Of course here in the forum the question: "do you think this OK" is not a question for a professional law expert.
It is more a question about one's stomach feeling.

8. the whole process of traffic stops. Get the ID, give a ticket and tell the man that he will get the ticket in the mail, if he pays it the thing is done, if not he can request a court date. Simple. The way it is done now leads to stress and unnecessary problem

The system, the public and the police are all at fault for the "stressed police officers". Just making this about the public is ridiculous.
These are my thoughts as well.

It is one thing to review a situation after the fact with plenty of time and no other pressures involved.

It is quite another thing to be in the midst of a struggle with someone reacting and counter-reacting in fight mode.

Kind of like Monday morning quarterbacking: "One who criticizes or passes judgment from a position of hindsight."

I say again, it's best to let the investigation proceed and await the outcome.
It is pretty much impossible to not know at point-blank range that a taser was deployed. Seriously have you ever used one?
"the trigger is pulled, and a clicking sound is heard, whether or not the device is connected to a person. If there is an “application,” the clicking sound tends to be muffled. If there is no “application,” the clicking sound tends to be loud."

But of course, we should wait for the results of the investigation. That does not mean that we cannot post about it. And we do have a video that shows that the officer kneeled on Patrick's back and then executed him. There is no other way to define that action. If the officer was so subdued with his actions that he did not notice the taser discharging twice welp, that's a bad cop.

I am for re-educating those murderous cops.
ALL OF THEM!

But of course, we should wait for the results of the investigation. That does not mean that we cannot post about it. And we do have a video that shows that the officer kneeled on Patrick's back and then executed him. There is no other way to define that action. If the officer was so subdued with his actions that he did not notice the taser discharging twice welp, that's a bad cop.
a very bad cop

Of course the skin colour should not matter.
Unfortunately to many it does.
To too many still.
It matters because BLM thinks it matters. Along with race-baiters like Al Sharpton and Ben Crump the black victim chaser.
It is not news if a white cop (or even a black cop) shoots a white person.
The media has no use for such a boring story.

And the media does not care if there are a thousand murders committed by other blacks on an annual basis.
For a murder to matter, it has to be a white cop shooting a black person.
That's when it becomes a news story.

All this talk about one more black person resisting arrest and being shot.
But no talk about the thousands of blacks murdered by other blacks in our major cities.
Tell me, what's wrong with this picture?

2021’s Stratospheric Murder Rates In America’s Five Blackest Cities​

Democrats are in charge of all of the most murderous cities in the United States. In terms of total population, New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, Detroit, and Houston are the biggest black cities in America. It is in these cities – not rural white cities home to white Supremacist Trump supporters – that blacks are exposed to the highest rate of murder and sheer number of murders. According to the FBI, over 90% of these murders come at the hands of another black. In other words, white supremacy is a fraud and total boogeyman.

Total Black PopulationTotal Murders in 2021YTD Increase in Murder Rate Racial Makeup of Police Force
5. Houston536,000190 (as of May 31)28%63% non-white
4. Detroit611,000327 (for 2020*)19%*67% non-white
3. Philadelphia687,000219 (as of June 1)34%43% non-white
2. Chicago913,000227 (as of May 18)18.8%50% non-white
1. New York2,228,000173 (as of June 1)17.7%57% non-white

Some on this forum say the killing was quite OK.
What do you think?
If only Patrick Lyoya had seen Chris Rock's PSA, he'd be alive today.

Chris Rock's PSA - can you quote it in written form here?

Back
Top Bottom