• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Oz - Fetterman debate tonight

Dragonfly

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Question is, will it be a shit show, circus event, or informative allotment of time?

Hopefully it’s not just name calling, finger pointing, hyper partisan lies being flung around like monkey poop, but that’s mainly what I expect from politics these days.

Who behaves like a decent human being, and who acts like a childish jackass?

We’ll know in a few hours.

Oz will focus on Fetterman's inability to hold together a sentence because of his stroke. I kind of hope he does, it will show viewers and listeners how shallow Oz is to pick on someone who has had a stroke.
Hopefully, both will debate on issues. But that won't happen. Oz will attack Fetterman personally.

Count on it.

Question is, will it be a shit show, circus event, or informative allotment of time?

Hopefully it’s not just name calling, finger pointing, hyper partisan lies being flung around like monkey poop, but that’s mainly what I expect from politics these days.

I hope they are serving crudite from Wegners in the Green Room.

I have to figure out a way to catch this on TV tonight.

I hope the moderator has a mute button for microphones in case things get out of control.
A friend of mine had a great take on how all debates should be staged.

The participants should be in sound proof booths, and work off what is the equivalent of a chess clock - which is to say when they are done with their answer, they can hit the button turning off their microphone and banking any remaining time. When and if the time allotted to answer their questions has been used up, their mic gets turned off automatically. No yelling, no interrupting, no wandering around the stage, and no talking over your opponent - because nobody can hear you anyway.

The live audience gets to vote on a scale of 1 to 10 how closely you either answered the question asked, or dodged the question, or tried to change the subject to your own agenda. And a bipartisan panel of 10 fact checkers also scores how far they stray from the truth, the fact-checked scores for each question being given at the end of the debate.

When all is said and done, either you have your facts straight or you don't. Either you have your policy positions justified, or you don't. Either you have solutions to the countries problems, or you don't. Period. No kabuki, no opera, no bullshit.

I say shit circus.

no matter what im calling a shit show simple cause OZ will be present
i HOPE that Fetterman talks issues and his service to the state because PA likes him BUT there's certainly no promises that he wont add to the shit show

how my voting will go and how it could change, currently nobody has it

OZ could never get my vote based on his platform alone, my dick could be on fire and he could be holding a fire extinguisher giving them away free .. . .id never sell out for my own need to see PA get screwed over
Fetterman "could" get my vote
a close race could GAIN Fetterman my vote

Last edited:
Oz will focus on Fetterman's inability to hold together a sentence because of his stroke. I kind of hope he does, it will show viewers and listeners how shallow Oz is to pick on someone who has had a stroke.
Hopefully, both will debate on issues. But that won't happen. Oz will attack Fetterman personally.

Count on it.
I disagree 100%.

Oz is undoubtedly aware of the fact that people expect him to exploit Fetterman's handicap. Oz will be directing his attacks at Fetterman's radical leftist ideas. Oz doesn't want to be the bully in this fight.

“John Fetterman is so far to the left he makes Bernie Sanders look like Ted Cruz.” - Lowman Henry/Pennsylvania Leadership Conference

"What Bernie wants to do for the United States, I want to do here in Pennsylvania.” - John Fetterman

Hopefully, Fetterman will attack Oz based on Oz's connection to Trump. People eat that shit up.

OZ could never get my vote based on his platform alone, my dick could be on fire and he could be holding a fire extinguisher giving them away free .. . .id never sell out for my own need to see PA get screwed over
Fetterman "could" get my vote
a close race could GAIN Fettermanmy votes
I agree with that lot. The race isn't so much if Oz can beat Fetterman or Fetterman can beat Oz. I think it comes down to if Fetterman has done enough. Oz has his built in votes cause of the platform he runs on. The lower the turnout the more Oz has a chance to win.

Oh, but it is politics so what do you expect?

I agree with that lot. The race isn't so much if Oz can beat Fetterman or Fetterman can beat Oz. I think it comes down to if Fetterman has done enough. Oz has his built in votes cause of the platform he runs on. The lower the turnout the more Oz has a chance to win.

Well if i was FORCED to bet my savings id put it on, Fetterman . . . . .
while its still exists, the MAGA delusion and poison has really died down in PA from its peak and I don't think outsider and Donnie connected OZ could ever pull it off

BUT this is why we have the elections so we'll see

I disagree 100%.

Oz is undoubtedly aware of the fact that people expect him to exploit Fetterman's handicap. Oz will be directing his attacks at Fetterman's radical leftist ideas. Oz doesn't want to be the bully in this fight.

“John Fetterman is so far to the left he makes Bernie Sanders look like Ted Cruz.” - Lowman Henry/Pennsylvania Leadership Conference

"What Bernie wants to do for the United States, I want to do here in Pennsylvania.” - John Fetterman

Hopefully, Fetterman will attack Oz based on Oz's connection to Trump. People eat that shit up.
We will see, won't we?

Count on it.
Yeah, did you kinda hope for a pandemic to hurt Trump?
OH, and save your link to whataboutism :sleep:

I think the Fetterman campaign is playing the rope-a-dope strategy………

Count on it.
Eisenhower served his second term as President after suffering a stroke. If I'm not mistaken, 2 congressman continued to serve after suffering strokes last term.

The debate will not change the minds of most on this forum.
I will watch tho for the curiosity!

Eh... here in the outskirts of Pittsburgh you still have a good sized contingent of MAGA.
oh i agree and that's what i hear, i have friends in like the Chambersburg area that say its horrendous but I'm about 20-30 mins south of the burgh and i hang out in Washington and go up to Mars often and it seems to have drastically died down around those areas

like i was telling another I've seen a lot fo Fetterman signs which is odd to me because typically lefties arent sign people around here IMO

🤞🤞

oh i agree and that's what i hear, i have friends in like the Chambersburg area that say its horrendous but I'm about 20-30 mins south of the burgh and i hang out in Washington and go up to Mars often and it seems to have drastically died down around those areas

like i was telling another I've seen a lot fo Fetterman signs which is odd to me because typically lefties arent sign people around here IMO

🤞🤞
Both candidates have a fairly big downside as well. Oz has proven he can't be trusted (slinging snake oil as diet pills), and Fetterman may be too extreme left in the same way MAGA is too extreme right.

Both candidates have a fairly big downside as well. Oz has proven he can't be trusted (slinging snake oil as diet pills), and Fetterman may be too extreme left in the same way MAGA is too extreme right.
oh i agree it isnt a picnic but it ain't the "same"
however far left fetterman is, it is not the same degree far right maga is

honest question
what are fettermans TRUE/FACTUAL far left stances and do they matter? meaning can he accomplish any of them or impact PA with them in a negative way?

now with that question i get a lot of people are bright enough to look at the reality that way, they buy into talking points etc but I'm just saying
in reality they arent the same type of extremists

1. Dr. Oz will be the soul of kindness toward a sick man.

2. Mr. F. will also be well-behaved.

3. Mr. F. will emphasize that he does not pamper law breakers.

4. The winner of tonight's debate will be Dr. Oz.

5. The winner on November 8 will be -- of course -- Mr. F.

a. After all, Philly loves people like Mr. F. Just look at Philly's D.A.!

I will absolutely watch! I'm very much looking forward to watching.

We have simply not heard enough from Fetterman and I want to hear what he has to say about his policy views. Also, I want to see how well he either is or isn't able to discuss and explain his views.

I also want to hear Oz's policy views and how well he expresses them.

With both, I want to see if they answer questions directly or purposely don't answer them - like Warnock wouldn't, almost to the comical point.

I hope Oz answers and then shuts up and gives Fetterman the floor. Clearly, it will take Fetterman more time and I'll be very annoyed with Oz if he takes over the debate because he's more able to. Again, I hope Oz answers quickly and clearly and then gives the floor to Fetterman. I've heard a ton from Oz in interview after interview. I've heard next to nothing from Fetterman. Oz needs to give the country the opportunity to finally hear policy answers and discussion from Fetterman.

Back
Top Bottom