• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Open Skies" Treaty Withdrawal...

Those are flying gas tanks, yes? Kinda sorta maybe a wee bit different than a spy-plane, yes?

The spy equipment can be ripped out in a day, which renders the plane as just another high cost maintenance burden on the tax payer if we were to keep it in service.

The spy equipment can be ripped out in a day, which renders the plane as just another high cost maintenance burden on the tax payer if we were to keep it in service.
Let's just cut the military budget in half and use that money to help we the people instead of destroying planes we still use.

By all means remove the US from NATO. They can then kiss goodbye to all the military assistance, intelligence gathering and other support they get from former allies.

I almost find it morbidly funny that John Milius based "Red Dawn" on the plot that "leftists" weakened our government to the point where NATO collapses, emboldening Russia to attack. And yet here we are, IN REALITY and Milius' daughter Amanda now works IN the Trump White House, and has a film under her belt (a real POS) called "The Plot Against the President" which catapults self-unawareness into a generational spectacle.
Milius patris et filia are not only 180 degrees WRONG on the original premise, they are now actively enabling the exact opposite.

DISCLAIMER: My first wife was formerly married to one of the producers of the original Milius film (1984) "Red Dawn", Barry Beckerman.

Let's just cut the military budget in half and use that money to help we the people instead of destroying planes we still use.

Well, it turns out we will probably be selling them instead.
That does make a lot more sense because it's not like these are burn pit items.

Your list of excuses seems to be endless. Are you one of those folks I saw wearing an I'd rather be russian than a democrat t-shirts?

They are old planes.

The US military decommission planes every single day for a reason.

I'll leave it up to you to go read and learn why.

They are old planes.

The US military decommission planes every single day for a reason.

I'll leave it up to you to go read and learn why.
I know about the boneyards in the desert which has zero to do with what trump is doing.

He is literally bending us over and opening our rectums and inviting Vladimir to enter.
Lawl. Afraid of Russians invading, are you? Got big Red Dawn fantasies? Russia is not a conventional threat to the United States.

Last edited:
Imagine how many troops we would have to bring home to do that! How many ships we would need to scrap and how many spy planes would need to be grounded. People having a hissy fit about pulling a few thousand troops from Germany and Afghanistan would begin to hemorrhage.

These are OC-135B - two 60 year old aircraft. Essentially modified cargo jets that were due to be replaced anyway.
Usual practice is to replace them then retire them.
Is there any replacements even being planned?

Back
Top Bottom