• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

On Georgia Senate Elections

Today is a day of mourning for advertising agencies across Georgia... Please join a moment of silence for all those ad execs that will have to find new customers... :cool:
Trump will be looking for a new team.....but they should get their payment in full up front.

Pelosi needs to move over. VP Harris is now the deciding vote in the Senate, and without doubt the most powerful woman in the U. S.

Trump will be looking for a new team.....but they should get their payment in full up front.
What do you replace crazy with, even crazier. Righties are off the rails for sure.

Some how you missed this part?

On Georgia Senate Elections

Can we all agree that $1/2 Billion Dollars$ for the senate elections is just ridicules?

Most of it from outside of Georgia?
What goes around, comes around, my friend. The difference is: Republicans accept funds from corporate and via foreign interests. Democrats get money from the people.

Do you really think there is not secret pac money funneled to Dems?

this is why our country is failing, partisan sheep think their party is perfect and beyond reproach.
I really think that most Democrats' money comes from interests that match what the majority of the people want. Republicans' get money from corporate interests and the wealthy to elect republicans regardless of their competence - Exhibit A: Donald J. Trump.

But... But...

I heard that DEMOCRATS out spent REPUBLICANS 2 to 1?

Oh my.....
Just shows you that most people are on the side of good when they sponsor Democrats. When are you going to join us, my friend?

What goes around, comes around, my friend. The difference is: Republicans accept funds from corporate and via foreign interests. Democrats get money from the people.

you live in a fantasy world where your party is the noble knight on the great steed...when in reality there is little difference between the two in this area

you live in a fantasy world where your party is the noble knight on the great steed...when in reality there is little difference between the two in this area
One party gives tax breaks to those who don't need them and crashes the economy - the same party is trying to kill healthcare. Democrats, on the other hand give only tax breaks to those who need them and gave affordable access to healthcare for millions of Americans.

Deny these facts and it is you who lives in a fantasy world, my friend!

I wish you were wrong, but I have to agree with you. But only to a point.

A big difference is that Republicans have a phobia about regulating business. It's a deep ideology that blinds them. Trump spent a lot of time stripping the EPA of power to protect our air and water.

But the example that highlights this disparity best is the Consumer Financial Protection Agency. It was set up by the Obama admin to monitor bad behavior by financial firms. It returned over $12 billion of ill-gotten revenue from unscrupulous firms to consumers. In one instance, it found that Wells Fargo Bank was intentionally signing up its customers for products they didn't ask for, then charged them for the products. Wells Fargo returned over $1 billion to its customers.

So what do Republicans do? Try to eliminate the CFPA.

Yes, it's stupid. Citizen's united has to go.

On the other hand, repeat after me Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.

Is what it is, as sad as this sounds with control over the next Senate on the line I am surprised the spending was not more.

I live in the Atlanta area, and see the nonstop advertisements everywhere. The sheer number of PACs buying airtime was insane.
I say 'get rid of citizens united'. That is one big reason in the blatent increase of corruption.

Of course it’s ridiculous. As it determined the future of who controls the senate it makes sense but still ridiculous. I know it prob boosted the Georgia economy a bit

You'd be saying the opposite if the republicans won, tell the truth.

want to look back 4 years ago...and i said the same damn thing about the money in total being spent on politics

believe it or not, not everyone is a political hack, or cares just about their party

Back
Top Bottom