• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Oklahoma restricts bathroom use to sex on birth certificate; trans kids die.

Mr Person

A Little Bitter
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
A few weeks ago, on 7 February, the bullying allegedly erupted in violence when Nex suffered severe head injuries during a “physical altercation” at Owasso High School, according to the Owasso Police Department. Sue Benedict told The Independent she was called to the school that day to find Nex badly beaten with bruises over their face and eyes, and with scratches on the back of their head. Nex told her that they and another transgender student at Owasso High School had been in a fight with three older girls in a girls bathroom. Nex was knocked to the ground during the fight and hit their head on the floor, according to their mother.
Ms Benedict said she was furious that the school had failed to call an ambulance or the police. She said the school then informed her Nex was being suspended for two weeks. She took Nex to the Bailey Medical Center in Owasso for treatment. They spoke to a police school resource officer at the medical facility and were discharged. That night, Nex went to bed with a sore head and eventually fell asleep while listening to music, Ms Benedict said. On 8 February, Nex was getting ready to go to Tulsa with Ms Benedict for an appointment when they collapsed in the family living room. Ms Benedict called an ambulance, and EMT officers arrived to find Nex had stopped breathing. Nex was declared dead that evening in hospital.
“Nex did not see themselves as male or female,” Ms Benedict said. “Nex saw themselves right down the middle. I was still learning about it, Nex was teaching me that.”“When you’re old school, you don’t always understand it,” her husband Walter told The Independent. “But it would be very boring if we were all the same. It’s on the inside that matters the most.”
[continues]

Remember this kind of thing as you read anti-trans screeds here on DP. This is what their authors want but won't admit they want. They legitimately think these people simply do not deserve to exist. They are happy that sum like Libs of TikTok's Raichik regularly engage in stochastic terrorism, inspiring violence against vulnerable and targeted minorities like trans people.

The school ****ing suspended the kid before they died from their injuries.

They.

Want.

This.

Don't let 'em sugar coat it. Don't let 'em hide behind "but mah religion!". Don't let 'em hide because their own insecurities, and projected worries about someone watching them pee (I mean....how does someone come to worry about someone watching them pee unless they've maybe tried to watch someone else pee themselves).

This is what you get when you foster anti-trans hatred: lack of consideration for the lives of trans people, as well as LGBT people in general.

The fact that neither an ambulance nor the police were called is especially concerning, and demonstrates just how much the school did not care about this individuals' well-being. Legal action needs to be taken against the school for neglect of duty.

In terms of LibsofTikTok and their effects on this matter, due to its gross popularity we've seen just how much hatred has persisted towards LGBT people, even with the societal progress the West has made in just a few decades. We as queer people are all in danger from this vile rhetoric, and LGBT children growing up in backwards places like Oklahoma will continue to endure horrible treatment like this.

Last edited:
A few weeks ago, on 7 February, the bullying allegedly erupted in violence when Nex suffered severe head injuries during a “physical altercation” at Owasso High School, according to the Owasso Police Department. Sue Benedict told The Independent she was called to the school that day to find Nex badly beaten with bruises over their face and eyes, and with scratches on the back of their head. Nex told her that they and another transgender student at Owasso High School had been in a fight with three older girls in a girls bathroom. Nex was knocked to the ground during the fight and hit their head on the floor, according to their mother.
Ms Benedict said she was furious that the school had failed to call an ambulance or the police. She said the school then informed her Nex was being suspended for two weeks. She took Nex to the Bailey Medical Center in Owasso for treatment. They spoke to a police school resource officer at the medical facility and were discharged. That night, Nex went to bed with a sore head and eventually fell asleep while listening to music, Ms Benedict said. On 8 February, Nex was getting ready to go to Tulsa with Ms Benedict for an appointment when they collapsed in the family living room. Ms Benedict called an ambulance, and EMT officers arrived to find Nex had stopped breathing. Nex was declared dead that evening in hospital.
“Nex did not see themselves as male or female,” Ms Benedict said. “Nex saw themselves right down the middle. I was still learning about it, Nex was teaching me that.”“When you’re old school, you don’t always understand it,” her husband Walter told The Independent. “But it would be very boring if we were all the same. It’s on the inside that matters the most.”
[continues]

Remember this kind of thing as you read anti-trans screeds here on DP. This is what their authors want but won't admit they want. They legitimately think these people simply do not deserve to exist. They are happy that sum like Libs of TikTok's Raichik regularly engage in stochastic terrorism, inspiring violence against vulnerable and targeted minorities like trans people.

They.

Want.

This.

Don't let 'em sugar coat it. Don't let 'em hide behind "but mah religion!". Don't let 'em hide because their own insecurities, and projected worries about someone watching them pee (I mean....how does someone come to worry about someone watching them pee unless they've maybe tried to watch someone else pee themselves).

The principal, the superintendent, and everybody responsible for what happened needs to lose their jobs, pensions, and freedom.

Nobody needed to die.

[continues]

They.

Want.

This.

The left has pushed this too hard and too often people who don't know shit are telling school age kids that they think they are trans. People need to leave this kids alone. You tell one on mine he/she is trans and you may get a fat lip. Keep a close watch on your own children. Stay tuned into what they are doing, thinking, and who they associate with. If you see an issue take them to a medical professional for counseling and work from there. I wouldn't allow my kids to make a quick determination of something this dangerous. At 18 they are adults and if they still feel this way they can seek more options. There are plenty of stories out there when youngsters sought transitioning and it turned out to be a horrible mistake. Kids really aren't ready to make such a decision. Give them help and love and stay on top of it. Many who once thought they were trans, turned out to be confused by life and bad advice.

Simply pass a law that schools need a family restroom that anyone could use. If you are trans or confused, do the safe thing and use it.

The left has pushed this too hard and too often people who don't know shit are telling school age kids that they think they are trans. People need to leave this kids alone. You tell one on mine he/she is trans and you may get a fat lip. Keep a close watch on your own children. Stay tuned into what they are doing, thinking, and who they associate with. If you see an issue take them to a medical professional for counseling and work from there. I wouldn't allow my kids to make a quick determination of something this dangerous. At 18 they are adults and if they still feel this way they can seek more options. There are plenty of stories out there when youngsters sought transitioning and it turned out to be a horrible mistake. Kids really aren't ready to make such a decision. Give them help and love and stay on top of it. Many who once thought they were trans, turned out to be confused by life and bad advice.

How has the left pushed this at all?

So is Oklahoma going to have genitalia monitors at every bathroom checking people to make sure they are using the 'right' bathroom?
The religious rights extrusions into public law is getting more and more ridiculous.

There is nobody on the left that is going around telling cisgender kids that they are trans. That is a damn lie. You are desperately trying to support transphobic bigotry by claiming that people are trying to telling kids they are transgender. That doesn't even happen in a therapist or Drs office.

The number of trans teens who desist of their own accord is in the low single digits despite the propaganda that is spread on the MAGA media, so knock of the claims of being groomed by the left or drag queens.

So is Oklahoma going to have genitalia monitors at every bathroom checking people to make sure they are using the 'right' bathroom?
The religious rights extrusions into public law is getting more and more ridiculous.
They will be grabbing all kids by the groin. It will be a youth minsters or priests dream job.

Nex hadn't decided.

Awful story, though not sure what it has to do with toilets.

They will be grabbing all kids by the groin. It will be a youth minsters or priests dream job.

Awful story, though not sure what it has to do with toilets.
They were beat up in the bathroom because of an Oklahoma law that forced teens to use thee bathroom of the sex, despite their gender identity.

It appears that Oklahoma violated a 2021 SCOTUS decision.

The Supreme Court on Monday left in place a decision that allowed a transgender student to use the bathroom that corresponded to his gender identity, a victory for the LGBTQ community that has been fearful the high court would take up the case and reverse a lower court opinion.

The case concerns the scope of Title IX that prohibits schools from discriminating “on the basis of sex.” It began when Gavin Grimm, a transgender male who was then a high-school student, challenged the local school board’s decision to require him to use either a unisex restroom or a restroom that corresponds to the sex, female, he was assigned at birth.

Justice Clarence Thomas and Justice Samuel Alito said they would have taken up the case for next term.

They were beat up in the bathroom because of an Oklahoma law that forced teens to use thee bathroom of the sex, despite their gender identity.

It appears that Oklahoma violated a 2021 SCOTUS decision.

Time for the feds to step on the necks of the terrorists in Oklahoma.

Do you think the attack kid because they were trans was justified?

Do you think the lack of action and medical treatment and subsequent suspension was justified because the kid was trans?

Simple yes or no will suffice.

[continues]

They.

Want.

This.

This is what those who inspire anti trans panic dont want people to see.

Let me see if I am getting this. Two trans were jumped in a restroom by three Sr girls?

So two trans get into a fight with three girls in the bathroom and somehow that’s Libs of TikTok's fault. Ok. 😂

[continues]

They.

Want.

This.

Thanks for posting this with the complete story that it was just not Nex that was beaten but another student as well. In the other thread about this it said something about "the victim and her daughter" which was very confusing to me but now it makes sense.

Nex told her that they and another transgender student at Owasso High School had been in a fight with three older girls in a girls bathroom.

Back
Top Bottom