• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Okham's Razor

Please quit abusing scientific terms you know nothing about;

Im sorry Occams razor is a scientific tenant not anything else. It has no application in the thread.

Im sorry Occams razor is a scientific tenant not anything else. It has no application in the thread.

All I have been trying to do is point that out to the OP.

You wish.

Any elementary school student would be able to understand that your application of Ockham's razor is flawed. This is especially true as you are applying it to politics.

It would be akin to any conservative saying the following;

Romney gaining in polls.
Obama job approval in decline.
Economy turning around.

Therefore, the best course of action for this country is a Mitt\Ryan victory in 2012!

The fact that you fail to understand how Ockham's razor has no applicable place in a political discussion is proof enough that you shouldn't be practicing science in any capacity to begin with.

What you are experiencing is known as confirmation bias. Ockham's razor has not even been given two competing theories to weigh the variables for.

Umemployment has dropped from 10.2% to 7.8%
The stock market has almost doubled.
5 million private sector jobs have been created since 2009.
GDP has been growing since 2009.
Americans net worth is up $10 trillion dollars since 2009.
Auto sales are up. Retail sales are up. Home sales are up.
Bin Laden is dead, and GM is alive.
Millions are able to buy private healthcare policies and millions have the security they will not be dropped in the event of a preexisting condition.
The US needs to continue climbing its way out and I like the contrast from 2008 when the economy crashed.
Romney has all the same people lined up as advisors as BuCheney when they spent on war profiteering and cut taxes on the wealthy and gave a windfall of billions to BigPharma that we could not afford.

Do we need to get better ... yes.

Obama-Biden 2012 Forward

Quick question... Is any of the above incorrect?!

If not, then saying Obama's policies aren't working would be a lie, yes?

well that is not really true

ITs like saying

Obama was president this summer

The US had a successful olympic games winning more golds and overall medals than any other country

therefore Obama caused our olympic team to win more medals than it did in 2008

Romney had nothing to do with the management of the businesses that Bain took over. His only interest was in extracting as much cash from them as he could. If it meant sending them into bankruptcy versus growing them, it made no difference to Bain.

Exactly...and the loss of jobs and outsourcing is a small price to pay in Romney's books while making his investors happy...right?.....sure he did a good job for Bain that's not the way to run a country.

Exactly...and the loss of jobs and outsourcing is a small price to pay in Romney's books while making his investors happy...right?.....sure he did a good job for Bain that's not the way to run a country.

You're right, that's not the way to run a country. However it is the way to run a venture capitalist company which is what he was doing (and very well I might add). He didn't run Mass. that way, it didn't call for it. He didn't run US olympics that way, it didn't call for it. Each endevor he operated he did it in a different way and was successful. Nothing anybody has said here would make me believe that he couldn't run the country with the same success.

It is all correct and this is the succinct list. I could go into explicit details on the millions of $ on healthcare by his tax incentives for EMR and six sigma lean approach to cutting out fraud in medicare.

I could talk about the million of people on privately paid health insurance policies because of ACA ...there saving tax payers from footing the bill if they had a medical crisis.

I am so busy working ... and living ... yet the list is correct and short changes all that he has accomplished when taking the controls of a nation in a nose dive.

It is all correct and this is the succinct list. I could go into explicit details on the millions of $ on healthcare by his tax incentives for EMR and six sigma lean approach to cutting out fraud in medicare.

I could talk about the million of people on privately paid health insurance policies because of ACA ...there saving tax payers from footing the bill if they had a medical crisis.

I am so busy working ... and living ... yet the list is correct and short changes all that he has accomplished when taking the controls of a nation in a nose dive.

Except the subsidies for ACA is paid for by the middle class.

My apologies, it wasn't how it came across, nor how I intended my response back to appear, either.

Thats cool. There have been alot of eye farts regarding my posts lately.

We all know what government workers are like. If we can save money by outsourcing their jobs to people in another country, why not?

We all know what government workers are like. If we can save money by outsourcing their jobs to people in another country, why not?

It's a misnomer, your argument.

Reduce size of government to its critical functions. Reduce unskilled positions by outsourcing. This provides an "in" to other countries as to how our government works.

Not a good idea, in the long run. Same problem we have with production. We have exported the low and middle class, and in turn, we are seeing the 3rd world catch up to us, at a pace that has not allowed them to shed their 3rd world ideologies, as well as some of their ass backwards beliefs, that they normally would have dropped from a long term growth plan.

It's a misnomer, your argument.

Reduce size of government to its critical functions. Reduce unskilled positions by outsourcing. This provides an "in" to other countries as to how our government works.

Not a good idea, in the long run. Same problem we have with production. We have exported the low and middle class, and in turn, we are seeing the 3rd world catch up to us, at a pace that has not allowed them to shed their 3rd world ideologies, as well as some of their ass backwards beliefs, that they normally would have dropped from a long term growth plan.

I should have noted in this that I am not opposed, in any way, shape, or form, the reduction of government down to its constitutional and defined levels. But that I am opposed to outsourcing as a cost saving measure, especially in the case of a critical role such is that of our nation. Yet, if the argument is of state-level reduction, than that is one argument for someone in charge of our federal government, he or she should not be making.

Wages stil l getting crushed.

Free Trade has not changed so no real change has happened.

Untill free trade ends. NOTHING will change..............

Only reason your "rate" went down is because they dont count the homeless that give up and cant show up to a job even if they got one........

Obama has lined up the same failing team that has failed the last four years.

ITs nice seeing blind followers They are amusing

You mean those tax cheaters who want to raise taxes?

Please do go on, I insist.

Do you honestly believe only goverment jobs have been outsourced or should be outsourced? It's pretty clear from some comments I've read on these forums that very few if any of the member have ever been caught up in a company outsourcing their jobs to India, China, and South America....however, you never see or hear of the big fat execs like CEO, CFO, VP, Pres., etc having their jobs outsourced......so much for trickle down economics!!.....the only trickle down that happens in these coporations is the little guy loses his job while the big guys sitting at the top get fatter paychecks, stock options, and bonuses because of the money saved by moving offshore.

Umemployment has dropped from 10.2% to 7.8%
The stock market has almost doubled.
5 million private sector jobs have been created since 2009.
GDP has been growing since 2009.
Americans net worth is up $10 trillion dollars since 2009.
Auto sales are up. Retail sales are up. Home sales are up.
Bin Laden is dead, and GM is alive.
Millions are able to buy private healthcare policies and millions have the security they will not be dropped in the event of a preexisting condition.
The US needs to continue climbing its way out and I like the contrast from 2008 when the economy crashed.
Romney has all the same people lined up as advisors as BuCheney when they spent on war profiteering and cut taxes on the wealthy and gave a windfall of billions to BigPharma that we could not afford.

Do we need to get better ... yes.

Obama-Biden 2012 Forward

All we have to do is get another 12 million to leave the work force and unemployment will go down to 5% ! Go!

Thhis comment is absurd. Outsourcing government workers? Really? then who does the work Chinese? Yeah that will work. And I doubt whether you know what governmenta workers are like or the "we all know either". Remember Police, teachers, fireman, miliitary, VA doctors, nurses, FBI, coast guard are alll 'government workers."
That would leave our country defenseless with our public safety, our vets without affordable medical care our kids with no one to teach them. Yeah real smart move

Thhis comment is absurd. Outsourcing government workers? Really? then who does the work Chinese? Yeah that will work. And I doubt whether you know what governmenta workers are like or the "we all know either". Remember Police, teachers, fireman, miliitary, VA doctors, nurses, FBI, coast guard are alll 'government workers."
That would leave our country defenseless with our public safety, our vets without affordable medical care our kids with no one to teach them. Yeah real smart move

Neocons outsourced war fighting, enabling "respectable" war profiteering
Republicans want to privatize education as much as possible - that's outsourcing education for profit.
Republicans outsourced the prison system - imagine incarceration for profit.
Republicans want to outsource social security to individuals and private fund management for profit.
Republicans want to outsource the post office - mail services for profit

just sayin'

Neocons outsourced war fighting, enabling "respectable" war profiteering
Republicans want to privatize education as much as possible - that's outsourcing education for profit.
Republicans outsourced the prison system - imagine incarceration for profit.
Republicans want to outsource social security to individuals and private fund management for profit.
Republicans want to outsource the post office - mail services for profit

just sayin'

Ok I get it but I still think its an absurd statement who equates office workers with the only 'government employess" thatt there are.

I was an environmental regulator for 21 years so I am included in my list but I did not mention it because I knew what his response would be.

Ok I get it but I still think its an absurd statement who equates office workers with the only 'government employess" thatt there are.

I was an environmental regulator for 21 years so I am included in my list but I did not mention it because I knew what his response would be.

I agree with your comment about government workers. The comment "we all know what gov't workers..." is insulting a lot of hard working sincere citizens. Nothing like viewing the world in false stereotypes.

Back
Top Bottom