• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

OK, let’s get real about riots and hypocrisy

The riot (not “mostly peaceful protests:) the nation has suffered through are horrifying and unacceptable, without doubt.
What is also unacceptable is the Democrat and mainstream media (sorry for the redundancy) sputtering, spitting, wide-eyed outrage over THIS incident after almost a year of tut-tut tolerance of far more deadly and destructive riots which wreaked far more distruction and death. Only difference is that THIS TIME they were near the frontline and it was their asses on the line and they were in actual danger.
This piece says it much better than I could and includes a few good links demonstrating the tolerance and support the Dems offered BLM and Antifa protestors
The primary difference is that the summer rioters were looters/pillagers and the storming of the Capitol was for overthrowing the gov./democracy.

The primary difference is that the summer rioters were looters/pillagers and the storming of the Capitol was for overthrowing the gov./democracy.
Yeah, I’ve heard that “justification” several times. One difference I can see is most Republican leaders showed no equivocation in their condemning the riots at the Capitol whereas the Lefties gave either implicit or explicit support to the BLM/Antifa led riots over the summer. Harris even said something to the effect that the protests should go on. Oh, and hoards of well-to-do lefties paid the bail for arrested rioters. Bet none of the Capitol attackers get bail from rich Republicans.

Yes. Trump nourished the "stop the steal" movement.
If he had declared the election was legit (there is no evidence showing the results can be legitimately disputed) then what happened at the Capitol likely wouldn't have happened.
The "Stop the Steal" movement is a protest. You may think it is unjustified, you may even be right, but that doesn't change the fact that it's legitimate protest. People get to protest, even when others disagree with their opinions.

PS I have zero evidence proving or disproving....
That's OK, neither has anyone else.

The "stop the steal" (STS) campaign included issues that were debunked by the courts and by many state elected GOP. The campaign relied on misunderstanding the vote counting process. And on thinking the affidavits each needed close examination regardless of the who was making the affidavit.

And many leaders in the campaign said that the process needed to be stopped through fighting. Perhaps Mo meant it figuratively. However he had a responsibility to listen to the other loud voices in the campaign and learn of the real danger. Trump likewise had this responsibility and didn't say anything about the proper way to protest. Trump had access to the info about what was being organized and has the responsibility to stop these major threats to the Constitution (the forcible stopping of the electoral certificates count - & of the plan to destroy the ones sent in so states could send in the corrected certificates.)

Many here do see a parallel between the STS and BLM protests. There was MAYBE a parallel until the fake and the lying witnesses were pushed forward by lawyers working for the Trump campaign.

Riots vs Insurrection reminds me of the real estate adage; “location, location, location.”

The "Stop the Steal" movement is a protest. You may think it is unjustified, you may even be right, but that doesn't change the fact that it's legitimate protest. People get to protest, even when others disagree with their opinions.

That's OK, neither has anyone else.
Yada, yada, yada... It's as simple as Trump saying "stop the steal" 3 times. It's called hierarchal dissemination.

The "stop the steal" (STS) campaign included issues that were debunked by the courts and by many state elected GOP. The campaign relied on misunderstanding the vote counting process. And on thinking the affidavits each needed close examination regardless of the who was making the affidavit.

Trump had access to the info about what was being organized and has the responsibility to stop these major threats to the Constitution (the forcible stopping of the electoral certificates count - & of the plan to destroy the ones sent in so states could send in the corrected certificates.)

Many here do see a parallel between the STS and BLM protests. There was MAYBE a parallel until the fake and the lying witnesses were pushed forward by lawyers working for the Trump campaign.

I realize you don't buy the voter fraud allegations. You may be right. That doesn't matter. People get to protest in causes you don't agree with. People get to protest in causes you find repugnant. That's how free speech works.

And many leaders in the campaign said that the process needed to be stopped through fighting. Perhaps Mo meant it figuratively. However he had a responsibility to listen to the other loud voices in the campaign and learn of the real danger. Trump likewise had this responsibility and didn't say anything about the proper way to protest.

What part of “I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.” do you need explained? Again.

Yada, yada, yada... It's as simple as Trump saying "stop the steal" 3 times. It's called hierarchal dissemination.
Is three times the magic number? I realize that many think free speech only applies to things they think are true and causes they agree with. That's not how it works. At least not as of now.

Is three times the magic number? I realize that many think free speech only applies to things they think are true and causes they agree with. That's not how it works. At least not as of now.
Free speech applys to citizens as a defense to gov action. But when Trump says it, it is the gov speaking.

Back
Top Bottom