• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

OK, let’s get real about riots and hypocrisy

Bullseye

All Lives Matter or No Lives Matter
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
The riot (not “mostly peaceful protests:) the nation has suffered through are horrifying and unacceptable, without doubt.
What is also unacceptable is the Democrat and mainstream media (sorry for the redundancy) sputtering, spitting, wide-eyed outrage over THIS incident after almost a year of tut-tut tolerance of far more deadly and destructive riots which wreaked far more distruction and death. Only difference is that THIS TIME they were near the frontline and it was their asses on the line and they were in actual danger.
This piece says it much better than I could and includes a few good links demonstrating the tolerance and support the Dems offered BLM and Antifa protestors
The angry election fraud protest that led to the temporary takeover of the U.S. Capitol Wednesday perfectly illuminates the hypocrisy of the Democratic far left when it comes to political violence.

Republican officials and rank-and-file GOP conservatives immediately and forcefully condemned the pro-Trump rioters. Nothing unusual about that: During this riot-torn year, Republicans have consistently, loudly and frequently denounced violence, no matter who did it.

What about the Democrats and their extreme-left supporters? Tragically, for them, violence is always acceptable when it’s in service to their cause. That’s especially true since the riots and mass protests began in late May following the death of George Floyd.

But, as usual, congressional Democrats, the legacy press and social media giants have misreported, distorted and twisted facts to suit their own leftist agenda and inflame public opinion.

...because a country’s leader inciting a mob to storm the seat of government, while that government is deciding who will be that leader, is the same as street protests organized by citizens.

What a load of shit!

What is also unacceptable is the Democrat and mainstream media (sorry for the redundancy) sputtering, spitting, wide-eyed outrage over THIS incident
And so is Trump apparently:

The riot (not “mostly peaceful protests:) the nation has suffered through are horrifying and unacceptable, without doubt.
What is also unacceptable is the Democrat and mainstream media (sorry for the redundancy) sputtering, spitting, wide-eyed outrage over THIS incident after almost a year of tut-tut tolerance of far more deadly and destructive riots which wreaked far more distruction and death. Only difference is that THIS TIME they were near the frontline and it was their asses on the line and they were in actual danger.
This piece says it much better than I could and includes a few good links demonstrating the tolerance and support the Dems offered BLM and Antifa protestors
Storming the Capitol used to be a good thing.

...because a country’s leader inciting a mob to storm the seat of government, while that government is deciding who will be that leader, is the same as street protests organized by citizens.

What a load of shit!
What did he say that 'incited' the mob. Be specific.

you’re a bright boy, here you go.......
Oh you want me to do your work for you? You made the claim, you back it up.

Now go run off and hide.

Oh you want me to do your work for you? You made the claim, you back it up.

Now go run off and hide.

I guess someone had to fill apdst’s slot here........see ya ‘round!

Yeah, its just a happy coincidence that trump gave his cult orders to march on the capitol building..........

7DM2SK53D5GN3KP6TQSQC6UD7U.jpg

EEMLJTKXBJDE5CSHPE2UYHKYSY.jpg

SQWGSLDFHVGSLKA4IYSYJHBTLM.jpg

.........where they "stopped the steal".

What a load of shit!
They are limited in their tactics at the moment.

If someone didn't guess "hate against BLM" after reading the title, go to the small table.
Nope. Just equal dislike for BLM and Tuesday’s “peaceful demonstrators”. Logic isn’t one of you guys core competencies is it?

Nope. Just equal dislike for BLM and Tuesday’s “peaceful demonstrators”. Logic isn’t one of you guys core competencies is it?
Unequal dislike is actually warranted given that Jan 6 was against congress during the certification of a new president.

Unequal dislike is actually warranted given that Jan 6 was against congress during the certification of a new president.
LOL, sure, spin it anyway you have to. Destroying billions of dollars of property, ruining business owners lifes deserves far more dislike than scaring the pants off the pampered primadonnas of Congress. At least Capitol Policy did their best to fight back; unlike cops in Seattle or Portland, or Kenosha or Minneapolis.

LOL, sure, spin it anyway you have to. Destroying billions of dollars of property, ruining business owners lifes deserves far more dislike than scaring the pants off the pampered primadonnas of Congress. At least Capitol Policy did their best to fight back; unlike cops in Seattle or Portland, or Kenosha or Minneapolis.
Its not spin, its just basic understanding that some circumstances are worse than others.

For example, I would rather lose a penny than lose a dollar, in both cases I lost something, but in the latter case, I lost more and that justifies me being more upset.

If you want to point to all instances of losing something as equally bad, then that up to you.

However, congress is an extremely valuable institution and is one of the hearts of the country, its loss or any threat to it means quite a bit to a lot of people.

The election was stolen. Repeated ad nauseam. Even when he was telling people to go home he said the election was stolen from them to make sure they stay supremely pissed off. It Doesn't take a big brain like Brad to see that every time he spoke his intent was to make his Trumpanzee army very angry.

Its not spin, its just basic understanding that some circumstances are worse than others.
LOL, and billions in property destruction, etc. ISN’T worse than a few politicians getting a practical demonstration of what hte citizens of those cities lived with?
tacomancer said:
For example, I would rather lose a penny than lose a dollar, in both cases I lost something, but in the latter case, I lost more and that justifies me being more upset.

If you want to point to all instances of losing something as equally bad, then that up to you.
I have pointed to exactly that. The continuing devastation of people living in those cities versus a few hours of Congress people being defended by law enforcement officers with guns drawn. Residents of thos cities I listed didn’t get to go home to gated commumities in Alexandria; they had to live amidst the violence, fire and destruction.
By any HUMANE measure the Congress had the penny and residents of those cities were the dollar.

LOL, and billions in property destruction, etc. ISN’T worse than a few politicians getting a practical demonstration of what hte citizens of those cities lived with?
I have pointed to exactly that. The continuing devastation of people living in those cities versus a few hours of Congress people being defended by law enforcement officers with guns drawn. Residents of thos cities I listed didn’t get to go home to gated commumities in Alexandria; they had to live amidst the violence, fire and destruction.
By any HUMANE measure the Congress had the penny and residents of those cities were the dollar.
I see it as the opposite. While the those engaged in riots should be arrested and while there was damage to business, that pales in comparison to congress during a transition between presidents ... which we kind of need to actually continue having a functioning nation in which those businesses can exist.

I see it as the opposite. While the those engaged in riots should be arrested and while there was damage to business, that pales in comparison to congress during a transition between presidents ... which we kind of need to actually continue having a functioning nation in which those businesses can exist.
LOL, why am I not surprised? politics over country, right?

To be fair, this is the standard. Republicans need to set a better example, be more perfect. Liberals certainly arent going to do it. One mistake effectively wiped out all of the political leverage gained by an entire year of leftist violence. Much like how the left needs to stop throwing stones before blaming others, so does the right.

LOL, why am I not surprised? politics over country, right?
Uh no. Its an understanding we need a set of laws in order to underpin an economy so capitalistic functions like a business can exist.

If the coup had succeeded and given his disdain for the boring parts of governing, there would be no guarantee of those rules, especially given his reaction to something like section 230

Comparing anything that has previously occurred to an assault on the people's house is what aboutism at its worst. First, the POTUS led this assault from his twitter account ands second, that house belongs to 330 million Americans. This assault was based on a proven lie. The summer riots came from specific actions that led to reactions.

The faux indignation being put on display by progressives should not fool anyone.

Comparing anything that has previously occurred to an assault on the people's house is what aboutism at its worst. First, the POTUS led this assault from his twitter account ands second, that house belongs to 330 million Americans. This assault was based on a proven lie. The summer riots came from specific actions that led to reactions.
Nonsense. Trotting out trite cliches like “the people’s house” is red herringism at its worst. And trying to excuse the summer riotyou s as “specific actions that led to reactions” is the ultimate red herring. That would be saying that irrational violence and destruction are legitimate reactions to “officially approved actions” but ones that go against YOUR list are not. Sorry, no. Violence, destruction, and death are NEVER, EVER, appropriate or acceptable responses.

Nonsense. Trotting out trite cliches like “the people’s house” is red herringism at its worst. And trying to excuse the summer riotyou s as “specific actions that led to reactions” is the ultimate red herring. That would be saying that irrational violence and destruction are legitimate reactions to “officially approved actions” but ones that go against YOUR list are not. Sorry, no. Violence, destruction, and death are NEVER, EVER, appropriate or acceptable responses.
The Capitol belongs to all. Private businesses and homes being lost are important but minor in comparison. A murder is always a tragedy. If the murder is of the President, the impact far out ranks a normal citizen. Compare a crime against a person, to a crime against the nation. Violence and death are never appropriate? Please explain stand your ground laws.

Back
Top Bottom