• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ohio law defunding Planned Parenthood blocked by federal judge [W: 189]

Re: Ohio law defunding Planned Parenthood blocked by federal judge

Because judges rule on the premises brought forward.

Then why did you ask about the "right to federal funds" when the plaintiffs did not bring any such argument forward in their lawsuit?

Is it because you have no hesitation to intentionally lie about this case?

Then why did you ask about the "right to federal funds" when the plaintiffs did not bring any such argument forward in their lawsuit?

Is it because you have no hesitation to intentionally lie about this case?

Because they were implying that not having those federal funds was an infringement on their rights. I thought that was obvious.

Indeed, I have. And what they do today is nothing like the Chicken Little accounts of what her nefarious intentions might have been.

Including abortion and providing fetal tissues and organs for research, they do good work.

Not my fault you have no idea what is moral or ethical.

Last edited:

How many of those "victoms" are you willing to adopt?

How many teenagers do you try to convince is not a good idea to have sex out of wedlock?

Not my fault you have no morals.

LOL! Seeing as you had to lie to post that, the irony will no doubt be utterly lost on you.

Tell me, what does the bible say about lies?

Because they were implying that not having those federal funds was an infringement on their rights. I thought that was obvious.

They? Who is this "they" who were implying that?

I suspect you're lying about this "they" and what "they" implied

LOL! Seeing as you had to lie to post that, the irony will no doubt be utterly lost on you.

Tell me, what does the bible say about lies?

What does it say about murder?

The only liars here are PPH and people who spread their garbage.

What does it say about murder?

The only liars here are PPH and people who spread their garbage.

Abortion isn't murder.

I can see you're not at all familair with the book.

I suggest reading it. It's a big part of western culture and history.

They? Who is this "they" who were implying that?

I suspect you're lying about this "they" and what "they" implied

PP. The issue was cutting of funds and they (PP) said that action was a violation of the rights. In other words, their rights are supposedly connected to federal funds.

I still want to know under what constitutional basis is a private organization owed taxpayer money.

You mean like oil companies that receive government subsidies?

You mean like oil companies that receive government subsidies?

Yes, my statement would apply to oil companies.

PP. The issue was cutting of funds and they (PP) said that action was a violation of the rights. In other words, their rights are supposedly connected to federal funds.
How do you come up with such idiocy. If any organization receives funds for the same services that PP also provides then it is a violation of their equal protection to deny them the same type of funds.

I still want to know under what constitutional basis is a private organization owed taxpayer money.
PP is not "owed" money. They re reimbursed for service provided.

Have you read up on the founder. That's what she devised.

Sans abortion and selling baby parts...they do good work.

Sanger was anti-abortion. She was on YOUR side.

PP does not sell baby parts. Lying does not help your cause.

Please quote PP "implying" they had a right to federal funds

Or, you make this simple, and admit that you are lying

Another defeat for the forced birthers of the Talibornagain. Let freedom ring.

Article is here.

It's actually forced commerce. At the very least, Ohio should be given the latitude to choose the service providers it wants. Your anti-Christian bigotry is duly noted. Explain how this is different from anti-Antisemitism.

How do you come up with such idiocy. If any organization receives funds for the same services that PP also provides then it is a violation of their equal protection to deny them the same type of funds.

No it isn't. PP isn't a protected class.

No it isn't. PP isn't a protected class.

Umm, everyone is a member of a protected class

Plus, equal protection applies to everyone

But I'm still waiting for you to quote where PP "implies" they have a right to federal funds. However, I doubt you'll ever post it because you don't want your lie exposed

It's actually forced commerce.
How so?

At the very least, Ohio should be given the latitude to choose the service providers it wants.
Why? Based on what?

Your anti-Christian bigotry is duly noted.
Exposure bites eh?

Explain how this is different from anti-Antisemitism.
You could never understand.

Their free speech argument is really stupid. Taking away public funding from your organization doesn't violate your right to association or your free speech rights. Saying your first amendment rights are violated because they refuse to fund your abortions is about as stupid as it comes.

As for their equal protection argument, again, I don't see how that has any validity. There is nothing that requires them to fund abortions. Just because you have a right to have an abortion doesn't mean the government has an obligation to fund them.

Everything they said just sounds like entitled idiocy.

Oh and no, the government not funding a woman's abortion does not violate her right to choose.

The law in part targets them for "promoting" abortion, when you promote something you are using your 1st Amendment Right to free speech. So yeah, the law does violate their right to free speech.

As for equal protection, the state requires that organizations that apply the money pass certain "tests" in order to receive such money. For years they did receive such money and passed those requisites. And then this law comes along and is designed to target them specifically despite passing all requisites. That does violate their equal protection under the law. You're right that they, or any organization, is not entitled to monies by the State, however the State has a Constitutional obligation to treat all organizations the same. Making a law that targets any specific organization, either by showing favoritism or the opposite of that, is violating that.

It's actually forced commerce. At the very least, Ohio should be given the latitude to choose the service providers it wants. Your anti-Christian bigotry is duly noted. Explain how this is different from anti-Antisemitism.

Oh I have no problem with Christianity. What I DO have a problem with is Bible thumpers who want to force everybody else to conform to what THEY think is moral. IMHO, they should move to Iran where they will find a theocracy that is much like they would want America to be.

Oh I have no problem with Christianity. What I DO have a problem with is Bible thumpers who want to force everybody else to conform to what THEY think is moral. IMHO, they should move to Iran where they will find a theocracy that is much like they would want America to be.

What annoys you pales in comparison to the "political correctness" demanded by the left.

How many teenagers do you try to convince is not a good idea to have sex out of wedlock?

Why can't you answer Verthaine's question? He asked first.

Funny, when they go on and on about their "concern" for the unborn, I am almost convinced that they would be the first to ensure that everyone has guaranteed access to prenatal health care, and post-natal health care, and free preschool, and good education, and paid maternity leave. And guaranteed access to family planning clinics. And support enlightened sex education in schools.

But, nope. They're content to leave all those icky (and costly!) details to their imaginary sky god.

Back
Top Bottom