• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obey-Waters clash on House floor

[quote='Smoke[MaxX]
Are you anti-education?[/quote]

It's not a school, it's a center for poor dumb people to go and waste tax payer money under the guise of preparing these people how to hold down a job. We don't need to make a preparation center for people to hold down jobs.

Great story, but not good enough for me. Obay and Waters should make themselves available so that the voters can punch them both. :mrgreen:

Meh, Why not have a bitch fight like the Russian parliament? Or Ukraine?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZGaaqH2o6I]YouTube - Fight in Russian Duma (Parliament)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD0XZlxKuig]YouTube - Parliament fight in Ukraine.[/ame]

Great story, but not good enough for me. Obay and Waters should make themselves available so that the voters can punch them both. :mrgreen:
Can we smack them with clue bats instead?:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Who cares what it's called. This is the stupidest argument I've ever seen. The ONLY problem you have with this is that it's an education building named after whoever we're talking about. If she called it "The Center for Learning and Higher Education" would this still be an issue? The name doesn't matter. How many times have you walked by a building and went "Wow, whoever this building is named after is a great person." NOT TO MENTION that if nobody uses this building, it won't have any purpose. Only if it's successful will her "legacy" or whatever be preserved.

So, if you're against a building whose stated goal is for educating people, in this particular case you're anti-education. I like how you don't even answer the point though and pretend like I'm in the wrong. Lol at you for empty arguments.

You have thus proven your fail of an argument, my only problem was that she wanted a building financed by the federal government named after her.

No your right, I am anti education.

I'm also anti buildings as this place is a building.
I'm anti turkey sandwich because someone may eat one at lunch time in this building.
I think it also makes me anti food, anti lunch, anti sitting, and on and on.

Yea so right. :doh

I for one am glad that David Obey showed that he had some balls in standing up to that bombastic troublemaking wench.

ps no I believe that it was another einsteinian congresswomanperson from Georgia who attacked a Capital pollice officer.

Totally agree. I personally cannot stand Maxine Waters. I was working for the House when she began as a congresswoman. Oooooh, do I remember the demand of giving her minority status (not because she is a woman) GREAT importance--by her, not others. It was sickening (IMHO).

Prove this? If not, then you are against a building that would help facilitate more education. Thus, in this case you would be anti-education.

Its a wealth laundering pit. Visit it sometime.

Its a wealth laundering pit. Visit it sometime.

are you serious? the Maxine Waters Employment Preparation School is a Los Angeles Unified Schoold District School. The school was renamed after years of operating as the Watts Skills Center, a vocational training school for adults, after the Congresswoman chapioned their cause because it provided much need vocational and academic programs to an underserved community. They did so as a gesture and she graciously accepted. Get your facts straight. It is not a momument to Congresswoman Waters but is a testament to her efforts to support education for low-income constituents who are accessing education to live the American dream. Thousands have earned high school diplomas, GED, nursing degrees, and other vocational certificates to enter the workforce and pay taxes. The investment has more than paid off.

Do your homework and leave the nonsensical, racist rhetoric out of the debate!!!

are you serious? the Maxine Waters Employment Preparation School is a Los Angeles Unified Schoold District School. The school was renamed after years of operating as the Watts Skills Center, a vocational training school for adults, after the Congresswoman chapioned their cause because it provided much need vocational and academic programs to an underserved community. They did so as a gesture and she graciously accepted. Get your facts straight. It is not a momument to Congresswoman Waters but is a testament to her efforts to support education for low-income constituents who are accessing education to live the American dream. Thousands have earned high school diplomas, GED, nursing degrees, and other vocational certificates to enter the workforce and pay taxes. The investment has more than paid off.

Do your homework and leave the nonsensical, racist rhetoric out of the debate!!!

Spare me your false outrage.

Maxine Waters plays the part of another sleazy politician looking for a buck.

Rep. Waters' troubling ties

Maxine Waters' Leaky Argument Can't Wash Away Banking Scandal Dirt

"it was only after Ms. Waters intervened that the session was approved, Treasury officials said.

So maybe OneUnited played Waters, and turned something designed for the collective good into its own gain. And Rep. Barney Frank had been pushing for helping the bank as well, under the rubric of supporting minority-owned banks. But when her husband’s on the board—why?—and the bank is under scrutiny for not actually lending to poor people and the chief executive is driving around his coastal estate in a Porsche, it doesn’t feel right. We need more, not less public support of local institutions that serve rather than prey upon our neighborhoods. That’s already a tough fight to win, and this sort of thing isn’t helpful."

Congresswoman With Ties to Bank Helped Seek Funds

"The aid surprised some bank analysts because the bailout was intended for healthy banks, and OneUnited was then considered to be in precarious condition. In addition, it had been harshly criticized by regulators in 2007 for failing to give a sufficient number of loans to lower income residents in Miami, while favoring wealthier customers there."

Maxine Waters under scrutiny for bank ties

"Her husband, Sidney Williams, served on the bank board until early last year and held at least $500,000 in investments in the bank in 2007, the most recent year for which public financial disclosure statements are available."

I am a minority and I dont need her kind of help.

Two people get mad at each other resulting in... no action and this is breaking news? Is this just a politically motivated attack on Democrats? I don't really see the issue here except for the fact that they both have a D next to their name. If two Republicans did the same thing, would this still be an issue to you?
Too bad they didn't wrestle to the floor, and have a hair pulling contest. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom