• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama Orders Your HIV Test

How can it? I don't see what this has to do with carrying out law.

There are lots of things you do not see. I cannot fix that. However, since you do see this as a bad thing can you tell us why recommending AIDS tests be performed and including coverage for them in health insurance is a problem?

I chose to understand the government has no business making recommendations to doctors.

What you chose to see seems to be far different from what actually happens as government regulates medicine a lot. It tells you whast drugs you can take, it sets minimum healthcare standards, it licenses medical professionals, it establishes scientific and medical associations, and it does many other things that have been going on for a long time before this executive recommendation. i cannot make you see something you chose not to, but I can point out it is there.

How is forcing insurance companies to cover everything people need a good thing?

I would rate this under consumer protection and clearly you have lived a blessed life of never having to deal with the insanity of insurance. My mother breaks her ankle and goes to the hospital and uses her insurance she has paid for years for one of the only times. It gets refused and she has to argue for months to get them to pay. My father gets told by the insurance company to have a large camera on a tube rammed up his ass until it comes out his mouth, and he complies as he always does with the insurance company only to have them refuse payment on a procedure they told him to get. This is why the government needs to step in because this is the way insurance companies deal with cutting costs. They do not even cover what they are supposed to cover when they are allowed to their own devices, so yes the government has to step in to ensure that people get the healthcare they pay for.
Do they not have the right to practice their business the way they see fit and offer services they desire to offer? Why is insurance companies the governments little bitch? Why is the government making business decisions for insurance companies? Why are we not respecting the rights of insurance companies owners?

because capitalism leads to some of the most greedy BS and unregulated insurance companies are a nightmare that the free market encourages. But i am all cool with an option for people who want to deal with unregulated insurance companies like yourself.

There are lots of things you do not see. I cannot fix that.

If it has nothing to do with carrying out law it can't possibly be a legitimate use of the Executive order.

However, since you do see this as a bad thing can you tell us why recommending AIDS tests be performed and including coverage for them in health insurance is a problem?

As I said, insurance companies have the right to cover whatever it is they deem fit. If they don't wish to cover birth control or HIV testing or whatever other nonsense the government wants them to cover that is their right to make that decision.

As for recommending doctors do tests, I reject the premise it's entirety. Doctors should be able to decide what tests they wish to administrator with no outside intervention.

What you chose to see seems to be far different from what actually happens as government regulates medicine a lot. It tells you whast drugs you can take, it sets minimum healthcare standards, it licenses medical professionals, it establishes scientific and medical associations, and it does many other things that have been going on for a long time before this executive recommendation. i cannot make you see something you chose not to, but I can point out it is there.

I realize all of that. I fail to see how that warrants continuing it or expanding it though.

I would rate this under consumer protection and clearly you have lived a blessed life of never having to deal with the insanity of insurance. My mother breaks her ankle and goes to the hospital and uses her insurance she has paid for years for one of the only times. It gets refused and she has to argue for months to get them to pay. My father gets told by the insurance company to have a large camera on a tube rammed up his ass until it comes out his mouth, and he complies as he always does with the insurance company only to have them refuse payment on a procedure they told him to get.

Sounds like you need a Binky. Do you want it flavored? We have watermelon, grape, apple, and of course, tears.

This is why the government needs to step in because this is the way insurance companies deal with cutting costs. They do not even cover what they are supposed to cover when they are allowed to their own devices, so yes the government has to step in to ensure that people get the healthcare they pay for.

I wonder why you continue to use their service? Sounds like they don't deserve business to me.

because capitalism leads to some of the most greedy BS and unregulated insurance companies are a nightmare that the free market encourages. But i am all cool with an option for people who want to deal with unregulated insurance companies like yourself.

So...what part of your story warrants the federal government stepping to make insurance companies over coverage of what they do not desire to cover?

I chose to understand the government has no business making recommendations to doctors.

They recommend the vaccines kids should get. They recommend we get our flu shots. They recommend you wear a face mask if you are contagious. The CDC gathers data nationwide and can see trends; what, are they supposed to remain mute and not tell us what they found?

Silly thread, silly outrage.

I guess the left can't recall a "recommendation" ever becoming a mandate? Even though the "mandate" is the crux of their hole health care agenda.

So because one recommendation, somewhere, in any field, became a mandate, surely all recommendations will eventually become mandates!

Say Henrin, where in the constitution does the government have the authority to run the USAF?

Why did you need to run to "ALL?" I didn't; some recommendations have become mandates and there are people willing to sound the alarm this one could be; or we could just sit back and sing songs, poop gold and belief it doesn't stink while it does happen.

So because one recommendation, somewhere, in any field, became a mandate, surely all recommendations will eventually become mandates!

They recommend the vaccines kids should get. They recommend we get our flu shots. They recommend you wear a face mask if you are contagious. The CDC gathers data nationwide and can see trends; what, are they supposed to remain mute and not tell us what they found?

Silly thread, silly outrage.

They aren't supposed to exist. :shrug:

For one because they lack the authority to concern themselves with our health. For another because it has nothing to do with our rights or our liberty if we get sick from disease.

Yeah, your thought process is illogical, and incorrect.

The health and safety - to a certain degree - is exactly their business. If you don't want your government to care about general health concerns that could affect the entire populous of it's people then perhaps you can move to a 3rd world country where the government does not - because it cannot cover the cost - get involved in health concerns.

And you can then die of typhoid, cholera, yellow fever, dengue fever, diphtheria, malaria...

Also - since you believe government should butt out of protecting us from anything health-threatening - we need to dissolve the FDA, and end all cleanliness standards, too. So then we open ourselves to botulism, hepatitis A, e. coli, listeriosis, staphylococcus, salmonella

Yum yum - aren't you living a happy ****ing life.

Apparently a side affect of a caring government that protects it's citizens from extreme troubles like all of these in life is that people become complacent and no longer realize how deadly the world is.

But if you want to have your innards rot out, or your skin fall off with painful lesions, your bones to become brittle and deform, and contract a disease which tortures you before it kills you - then by all means, oppose inoculations and efforts to annihilate such conditions. Just keep your blood and pus away from me.

Well said, Aunt Spiker, Well said!! thank you. That's what I wanted to say, but just couldn't figure out how to do it.

Back
Top Bottom